I went into my ATT which is not a small store but one of the main stores in downtown area. I walk around the store looking to see if they have the Z10 out. Nothing, Nada!! a associate asked if i needed help and i said no, but then asked if they would have the new blackberry. He said no, they wouldnt have it for a couple of weeks. I immediately wanted to grill him about his ignorance but instead said thanks and left. I then called a friend that works at another store and he stated that they had plenty but would put mine aside. Why is good help hard to find?????
    03-21-13 01:51 PM
    I went into my ATT which is not a small store but one of the main stores in downtown area. I walk around the store looking to see if they have the Z10 out. Nothing, Nada!! a associate asked if i needed help and i said no, but then asked if they would have the new blackberry. He said no, they wouldnt have it for a couple of weeks. I immediately wanted to grill him about his ignorance but instead said thanks and left. I then called a friend that works at another store and he stated that they had plenty but would put mine aside. Why is good help hard to find?????
    I asked an AT&T rep and he said we don't have a new blackberry coming out..I politely just walked out the store...
    03-21-13 01:53 PM
    I asked an AT&T rep and he said we don't have a new blackberry coming out..I politely just walked out the store...
    Are they not told or do they just want to see iPhones...

My goodness.
    Eric Shapiro likes this.
    03-21-13 02:09 PM
    I just had a simular experience at Best Buy when I went to show the young salesperson in the smart phone department the new z10 I had, she said, oh "blackberry is almsot out of business, buy an android or iphone" I was stunned. I proceeded to show the other folks there the new z10 and they where amazed and couldn't believe that is was a blackberry. What really bothers me is that the big two have brainwashed the smartphone culture here so bad, it's going to take word of mouth and folks like me to get the word out about this beautiful device. Dam shame.
    03-21-13 03:01 PM
    they pay peanuts and get monkeys maybe
    03-21-13 03:11 PM
    It's because the store reps are given apple and android devices to use for free. Store reps in Ontario that are top Samsung sellers or top apple sellers are "Seeded" devices, if their sales drop those devices can be taken away, it's like they are bribed into bad mouthing the competition, I bet if blackberry seeded devices it wouldn't be so bad.

The samsung and apple say it's to get store reps to learn the product and promote the product, but when it's numbers based, and can be taken away, the result is all this **** talk by reps

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 03:14 PM
    AT&T -- the drool stops here. They were the original Fascists with the Apple auto-relock found to be in "restraint of trade" by a class action suit in California. Their reputation precedes them. Nevertheless, one would think a manager might have gone through the various new products with them. Well, next week I get to try the question out on a T-Mo store. Will report back.
    03-21-13 03:21 PM
    This brainwashed garbage is really nauseating anymore...
    03-21-13 03:30 PM
    It's just a sign of a fast paced, new era. Only bbry can turn the stigma back around, all we can do it continue to give them constructive criticism and if the product is worthy, purchase it. It won't be long, it will be a common knowledge product again like an iPhone or galaxy bs....

You really can't "fix stupid". :-)
    03-21-13 03:39 PM
    I had different experience for a change. Yesterday I called BestBuy in Carmel Mountain, San Diego, CA to inquire if there was a demo unit. I spoke with a BestBuy Mobile rep by the name of Tracy (don't know her last name). She told me there wasn't a dedicated demoed unit on the floor yet but will leave her AT&T demo unit there for me to try out after work. So I went and I played with it for 30 minutes. Wanted to stick around longer but got really hungry and left. But not before I tried out Remember, the Browser, Calendar, the on-screen keyboard. The HUB wasn't set up yet so I couldn't really use it. However, I did "peek" around the device. The screen is gorgeous.
    If you are in San Diego, CA area and want to fiddle with the Z10, call BestBuy Mobile and ask to speak with Tracy.
    gambler_mf likes this.
    03-21-13 03:53 PM
    I know that here in Canada some places are offered prizes if they sell a certain number of one type of phone. So that could be the deal down there.

Posted from My Z10 via CB10
    03-21-13 03:56 PM
    ****** **** banana ******* **** ****

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    Eric Shapiro and fragment137 like this.
    03-21-13 03:56 PM
    You did the right thing by not wasting time. Some of these reps are iPhone and Android phone fans so we can't blame them even though it's a bad business practice.
    03-21-13 04:01 PM
    I stopped in my local AT&T last weekend and they were quite nice, but always are. The manager ended talking with me. He told me about his demo unit and how he was very impressed. Said it was a nice phone.
    03-21-13 04:05 PM
    Well I went to a Bell store here in montreal about a week before the launch (when they had it already in the UK) and i inquired about the ZED10. People weren't helpful and they said that they will have plenty of stock. One guy even said that it's not an iphone... so it won't sell well

A week later, I went back to get my Z10. They sold 60 including the pre orders and every salesmen was excited about the phone. Even the guy that made that comment was pushing the BlackBerry to people that was looking for info on the iphone.

I know BlackBerry has a lot of work to do in the US but what it all comes down to is a question of perception. Tech geeks are the one that hangs around forums and looks for the zillion core phones. But for the rest of the population its all about ease of use, image.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 04:05 PM
    Well I'm just pleased that I should have one tomorrow when the store opens.
    03-21-13 04:17 PM
    ****** **** banana ******* **** ****

I giggled.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-21-13 04:26 PM
    Ok, I was about to post a new thread titled "AT&T T-Minus 1 Day & WTF???" when I saw this one. So here goes.

I'm in Puyallup Washington, for anyone that may be close by. I went to the little store across from my work office during my lunch break. No one there knew anything at all. The gal went in the back to talk with her manager (I'm assuming it must have been the all powerful Oz since he was clearly tucked away where no one could see him). After about 8 minutes she comes back and says that they would be taking orders for them starting tomorrow. WTF???

So I drove down the road to the bigger store where I've had much better luck on these matters. When I asked the gal there about "The new Blackberry Z10" she immediately pointed me to "Mike". I asked Mike about the release day of tomorrow and he said "Yes, tomorrow." So I asked if he would have them in store and he confirmed. I then asked about rumors of only a few units. Mike said it is typical AT&T method to only have a few units the first day, so supplies may be limited. But at least Mike knew what the **** he was talking about. The only problem was that he admitted that I knew as much as he did. He did not show me a unit, but mentioned that they had been doing training on it already. So he may have been told to keep a physical unit hidden for now. He also said "It's a monster of a phone." So I'm assuming he is the token Blackberry guru and has been trained on it already even though he was being pretty hush-hush about details.
    03-21-13 04:35 PM
    i have been having opposite results here in South Texas. went into one of my local cooperate stores and a couple of the reps were more excited about the phone than i was. All the reps knew about it.

Sent from my soon to be phone of the past BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    03-21-13 04:38 PM
    If I had an experience like any of you have, I would have made that sales rep feel like an ***** lol...

IF someone told me that the "there is no new blackberry" I would pull out my z10, pull up the z10 on AT&T's website, and prove them wrong. Then I would take out a pen and paper, write the sales rep's name, and proceed to walk out the door while saying "you should receive word soon"...that should scare them enough
    03-21-13 04:42 PM
    I also stopped at a corporate AT&T store today to inquire about the Z10. I was quickly directed to an associate who had one in his pocket and promptly offered it to me to play with. All I have to say is - PRETTY DAMN COOL! After my play time, I asked if I could buy it today and was told that unfortunately I'd have to wait until tomorrow, but that they would reserve one for me should I want. The only thing that they couldn't answer for me was the cost off contract. I have been a loyal AT&T customer for many years, and have never had any issues with this corporate store. I will be back tomorrow.
    Snap51 likes this.
    03-21-13 04:51 PM
    The same happened to me today, he told me its coming soon and while talking to me some one called about the z10 and he said the same. Went to best buy they said they have 6 in stock, no demos in either store
    03-21-13 04:55 PM
    I hope I don't get dummies at T-Mobile when they release the phone.
    03-21-13 05:11 PM
    So I just called 2 stores and they told me they can't sell it to me off contract???????
    WTH? First I had to wait because I'm a premier customer, and now I can't just go an buy one? This doesn't seem right
    03-21-13 05:14 PM
    I think that stores managers should hear about this type of ignorance.
    03-21-13 05:17 PM
49 12