Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 97
Like Tree17Likes
  1. StutterStep's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    770 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #26  

    Default

    I have always charged my devices with a hp touch pad charger when I need to get them charged asap , works fine for me.

    I do charge at night sometimes using a usb wall charger at 500ma which takes about 4 hours and 15 minutes with no usage during that time.

    Posted via CB10
  2. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    940 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I just use my PlayBook charger if I'm in a rush. If I'm charging overnight I use my Bold 9700 charger.

    Didn't Thor make a joke about how BlackBerry 10 would continue to use micro USB chargers? (As a shot at Apple and their new Lightning chargers)


    They do continue to use micro usb but some older micro usb chargers don't put out the 750ma +

    Is no one reading the article?

    Posted via CB10


    Posted from my Z10.
  3. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    940 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobiaphobe View Post
    I've been using the standard charger at work and my PlayBook charger at home. So far no issues

    Posted via CB10
    The PB usb charger is also 750ma...it's the same usb charger that comes with the Z10

    Posted from my Z10.
  4. Jimberry Storm's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    314 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    #29  

    Default

    What about the playbook charger cant find the amperage?
  5. Neely2005's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    587 Posts
    #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neely2005 View Post
    I just use my PlayBook charger if I'm in a rush. If I'm charging overnight I use my Bold 9700 charger.

    Didn't Thor make a joke about how BlackBerry 10 would continue to use micro USB chargers? (As a shot at Apple and their new Lightning chargers)

    Posted via CB10
    I guess I should stop using my Bold 9700 Charger as it's only a 700 mAh charger & apparently the Z10 needs a 750 mAh (or higher?) charger.

    There's a pretty good article about this here:

    RIM Confirms BlackBerry PlayBook Premium Charger Charges Phones 2X Faster! - BerryReview
  6. siefer999's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    146 Global Posts
    #31  

    Default

    used my javelin charger with my play book and I experienced battery drain sometimes even when plugged in. I thought it was my play book but it was just the charger.
  7. Ninja_Frog's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #32  

    Default

    Just a note the new Multimedia Docking pod comes with the Premium charger
  8. AkashRuhela's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    66 Posts
    #33  

    Default

    Just to clarify: Does the article mean that the Z10 will take longer to charge (when charging and using the phone at the same time) when not using the official Z10 charger or will it harm the actual battery and result in shorter battery life overtime when not using the official Z10 charger?!

    Posted via CB10
  9. Tenkawa's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    48 Posts
    #34  

    Default

    This is the same thing for the iPhone and Samsung Galaxy series devices. In fact, the MacBook line has a higher capacity USB charge port just for this reason (It is normally 500mA over USB spec, but they support a higher amount to allow for charging of iPods, iPhones at a "normal" rate).
  10. usnzulz's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #35  

    Default

    I am interested in the answer to that question as well. I got my Z10 on Feb 5. I have been charging overnight with the Z10 charger and also sometimes with an older charger. The battery is 100 % in the morning regardless. However I am returning my Z10 today as the charge does not last past noon (and I only do a couple of texts and emails and that's it!). I have taken it off LTE and turned off WIfi and Bluetooth and it still doesn't get more than 5/6 hours. Hopefully it is a bum battery. My wife uses her iPhone 4S in her medical practice all day (mainly texting and email) and her battery is around 50% in the evening. Her Wifi and Bluetooth is always running. I am not interested in shutting things off just to eek out another hour or so. Still would have to charge at least 3 times a day - that simply is unacceptable.
  11. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,508 Posts
    #36  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    The PB usb charger is also 750ma...it's the same usb charger that comes with the Z10

    Posted from my Z10.
    Not correct. The OEM PB charger is 1.8A. It is the same one sold as a premiium charger for many BlackBerry phones.
  12. JamesPtheNerd's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    125 Posts
    #37  

    Default

    How about my awesome PlayBook OEM charger, or the PlayBook Rapid Charger? And, if this was the case, why make it look IDENTICAL to my Torch 9800 charger?

    Posted via CB10
  13. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    940 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chaddface View Post
    Not correct. The OEM PB charger is 1.8A. It is the same one sold as a premiium charger for many BlackBerry phones.
    The micro usb charger that came with my Playbooks are a micro usb cord with the wall adapter, it says 750mA on the bottom. So yes I am correct it is the same as the charger that came with my Z10.

    Posted from my Z10.
  14. tfp
    tfp is offline
    tfp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    #39  

    Default

    Funny thing is that ONLY my old BB chargers will actually charge my Z10! The cube that came with the Z10 doesn't charge it worth a spit! I've tried different USB cables with the cube to see if that was the issue but they all work fine with older cubes just not the new one. I have to contact BlackBerry customer service to see what they can do about this. I'm fine using the charger that came with my PlayBook as I have a desktop cradle for it anyways.
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
  15. tfp
    tfp is offline
    tfp's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,422 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,460 Global Posts
    #40  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    The micro usb charger that came with my Playbooks are a micro usb cord with the wall adapter, it says 750mA on the bottom. So yes I am correct it is the same as the charger that came with my Z10.

    Posted from my Z10.
    Did you purchase your PlayBook new or second hand/refurbished? I only ask because I have 2 PlayBooks that I bought NEW and they both came with the Premium Charger. As well, 6 other PlayBooks that have been bought brand new within my circle of friends/family, also came with the Premium Charger.
    Don't take Life so seriously, you'll never get out alive
  16. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,508 Posts
    #41  

    Default

    This is the charger that comes with the PB. 5V 1.8A
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Article: Please don't charge your Z10 with old BlackBerry chargers..-blackberry-acc-39343-301-oem-original-high-capacity-folding-blade-micro-usb-charger-blackber.jpg  
  17. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    940 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #42  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    Did you purchase your PlayBook new or second hand/refurbished? I only ask because I have 2 PlayBooks that I bought NEW and they both came with the Premium Charger. As well, 6 other PlayBooks that have been bought brand new within my circle of friends/family, also came with the Premium Charger.
    Both mine bought new only came with the charger I described and a case. I purchased my dock charger and magnetic quick charger separately.

    Posted from my Z10.
  18. Chaddface's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    3,508 Posts
    #43  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    Did you purchase your PlayBook new or second hand/refurbished? I only ask because I have 2 PlayBooks that I bought NEW and they both came with the Premium Charger. As well, 6 other PlayBooks that have been bought brand new within my circle of friends/family, also came with the Premium Charger.
    I own 2 PB's and one was exchange 3 times. All new boxes came with the Premium Charger.
  19. Ninja_Frog's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    105 Posts
    #44  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tfp View Post
    Funny thing is that ONLY my old BB chargers will actually charge my Z10! The cube that came with the Z10 doesn't charge it worth a spit! I've tried different USB cables with the cube to see if that was the issue but they all work fine with older cubes just not the new one. I have to contact BlackBerry customer service to see what they can do about this. I'm fine using the charger that came with my PlayBook as I have a desktop cradle for it anyways.
    My damn cube will not do anything on my phone, i do not get anything happening as usually you will see the lightning bolt across the battery indicator, as soon as I unplug the cube and plug in my premium charger it starts charging imediately. The stupid thing about this is that when I plug my cube into my playbook it works.

    Anyone have an idea what is going on with that piece of crap cube thing.
  20. Neely2005's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    587 Posts
    #45  

    Default

    My PlayBook came with the Premium Charger too.


    Posted via CB10
  21. jhrain's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    50 Posts
    #46  

    Default

    This is not limited to Blackberry Devices. For example, the Samsung Galaxy S3, has a similar issue.
  22. Revampd's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    193 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #47  

    Default

    More information than most probably want but an excellent read for all you techies. Even if your eyes glaze over at the charts, at least skim through the article. Many interesting nuggets to be found. The following are just a couple of cut and pastes from a site called "Battery University" Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

    "Increasing the charge current does not hasten the full-charge state by much. Although the battery reaches the voltage peak quicker with a fast charge, the saturation charge will take longer accordingly."

    "Charge currents with Li-ion are less critical and can vary widely. Any charge will do."

    "Some portable devices sit in a charge cradle in the "on" position. The current drawn through the device is called the parasitic load and can distort the charge cycle... A portable device must be turned off during charge." (my note... do the chargers/phones/tablets take this into consideration?)

    This last one does give much food for thought. I would love to know how the chargers, as well as the charging circuits in the phone or tablet are designed. Much harder info to come by I would suspect. I've come away from my research with the thought that, as usual, everything in life is a compromise.
  23. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #48  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    Both mine bought new only came with the charger I described and a case. I purchased my dock charger and magnetic quick charger separately.

    Posted from my Z10.
    It seems you are the only person that didn't get a Playbook charger with your Playbook. Everyone else did.

    What actually comes with Playbooks is:
    Blackberry USB Cable, Micro-USB, 1.2m, Black (ASY-28109-003)
    NA Folding Blade Charger 5V 1.8A (ASY-34724-001)
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
  24. tdaye's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    940 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #49  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    It seems you are the only person that didn't get a Playbook charger with your Playbook. Everyone else did.

    What actually comes with Playbooks is:
    Blackberry USB Cable, Micro-USB, 1.2m, Black (ASY-28109-003)
    NA Folding Blade Charger 5V 1.8A (ASY-34724-001)
    Are you saying you didn't get the little block thing that goes into the wall and has USB with your playbooks? The same one that came with the Z10?


    Posted from my Z10.
  25. D Mac's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    953 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts
    #50  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdaye View Post
    Are you saying you didn't get the little block thing that goes into the wall and has USB with your playbooks? The same one that came with the Z10?


    Posted from my Z10.
    Nope I did not and I don't believe anyone else did either.
    Click on the link below for some great free Blackberry Themes

    The Theme Zone
    http://thethemezone.blogspot.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Please post pics of your Z10 in a case, not sure which one I want.
    By JWWDUKE in forum BlackBerry 10 Accessories
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-26-2013, 06:56 PM
  2. Don't drop your z10
    By agrumpy1122 in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-06-2013, 10:33 PM
  3. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 08:44 AM
  4. Replies: 105
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 08:44 AM
  5. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-05-2009, 02:48 PM

Posting Permissions