I spent last night trying to clean up my contact list as well. I have a feeling the combination of things messed my list up.

Skype really seemed to mess with things the most. Then the addition or linking of non-bb contacts using BBM and Facebook seemed like the next culprits. For some reason, I could not edit certain contacts' names (no fields for first and last name, and something forcing the name to an unwanted location). I think the Link had something to do with it. In the end I had to recreate some contacts, and now things seem to be working.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 06:03 PM
    On my device, the most trouble I get (concerning duplicate contacts) is by using android apps.

Some of them just keep adding contacts to my my address book (skype does it [at least you have an option to disable contact sync here], endomondo does it, and I am sure there are some more apps that keep adding contacts on their own)
    Whatever I try, those contacts reappear after a certain amount of time (maybe after reboot - I had not time to deep dive into that damn issue =D)

So my hint for skype: Disable contact sync and delete them all from your Contacts app. DONE. (At least for this way worked, skype contacts did not reappear. Can't say the same for e.g. endomondo contacts.
    Endomondo fix interesting me very strong, as the endomondo app generates not one, but up to 10-15 duplicates of the contact without any data inside.
    So if any help for endomondo contacts duplicate, appreciated.
    11-12-13 09:42 AM
    There are at least a couple of Contact backup apps on BB World. I use PIM backup and restore and I back up to my SD card. For some reason I have repeatedly heard it's not a good idea to backup to SIM. Anyone know why?
    11-12-13 09:59 AM
    Endomondo fix interesting me very strong, as the endomondo app generates not one, but up to 10-15 duplicates of the contact without any data inside.
    So if any help for endomondo contacts duplicate, appreciated.
    This opens up another question.
    Why is Endomondo interested in your contacts? I believe it is a work out app.
    Look at Caskarun
    11-12-13 11:11 AM
    There are at least a couple of Contact backup apps on BB World. I use PIM backup and restore and I back up to my SD card. For some reason I have repeatedly heard it's not a good idea to backup to SIM. Anyone know why?
    I use ContactsImex, same idea.

If you lose your phone and it is locked with a password, whoever finds your phone has access to your contacts unless they are encrypted.
    11-12-13 11:15 AM
    Look at Caskarun
    I got duplicates only from endomondo app, duplicated are the contacts, which are my friends on endomondo.
    11-13-13 09:10 AM
    I got duplicates only from endomondo app, duplicated are the contacts, which are my friends on endomondo.
    I am an paying customer and reached out to Endomondo support. They're looking into it, might push an update - I can't say for sure right now!

Sidenote: I sideloaded the version from Google Play Store (that is 9.3.0) BlackBerry World is in 9.2.0.
    The android changelog (in play market) indicates fixes and changes concerning contacts aaaaaand yes it fixed the duplicate contacts problem on my Z10.

Look at Caskarun
    The only obvious reason the app wants access to contacts is for some kind of invite feature, since you can't request permissions programatically (after installing) in android (and endomondo is an android port) there is no other way as to get the contact/phonebook permission right from installation process.
    11-20-13 02:30 AM
32 12