I have Q10, my wife has Z10. She just downloaded the new update. Now most of the apps won't open.

Anyone else encounter this and if so, what was the fix?

Thank you.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 10:38 PM
    same thing happened to me....

Hello,
    I tried updating my blackberry z10 today and sometime while it was updating the battery died! I thought I had it plugged in but I guess it wasn't. Now when I try to use my blackberry certain apps and functions will not work and apps will freeze once you try to open them or they don�t open at all. I can still turn it on but without the full use of all my functions and apps it is quite frustrating and to be honest useless to use. I have tried powering it off, removing the battery, re-updating it, and even factory re-setting it but to no avail. Nothing I do will work. Has this happened to anyone or can anyone suggest something for me to do? I just want my blackberry working the way it was. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    10-29-13 10:43 PM
    just try hard restart on the phone...hold the power button till the the bblogo appears then after 100% unhold it...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 11:13 PM
    DId not work either...Is there any way to reset the phone and start from the beginning?

thanks
    10-29-13 11:19 PM
    Thanks Kale, for the suggestion, but that didn't change anything, still in same situation. Not even the phone service works, just wreaked total havoc since updating.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 11:23 PM
    So you folks have tried using the Link software to reload/upgrade the OS?

There are a few threads or blog discussions of various ways of upgrading.
    10-29-13 11:28 PM
    My wife updated using the phone, not Link. She saw a message that update was available and went with option to proceed with update.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 11:31 PM
    My wife updated using the phone, not Link. She saw a message that update was available and went with option to proceed with update.

Posted via CB10

That is what I also did....
    10-29-13 11:40 PM
    So you folks have tried using the Link software to reload/upgrade the OS?

There are a few threads or blog discussions of various ways of upgrading.

I tried and nothing happens.. II tried to reload and it does not complete reloading....just freezes
    10-29-13 11:44 PM
    You should Always back up your device using Link. Then of this happens, you can reset your device to your last back up. You may have to wipe the device and start over from scratch. Then just re-download your apps from my world.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 11:46 PM
    You should Always back up your device using Link. Then of this happens, you can reset your device to your last back up. You may have to wipe the device and start over from scratch. Then just re-download your apps from my world.

Posted via CB10

Thanks... I would like to "wipe the device and start over from scratch." How can I do that because my SETTINGS button in phone does not work.....
    Last edited by timonelama; 10-30-13 at 12:09 AM.
    10-29-13 11:50 PM
    Wife on phone now with wireless provider (Rogers) tech support.

While she was updating, she received low battery warning. He suspects this may be the culprit.

Will update on progress, but for those of you who also ran into this, did you have Z10 plugged in during update?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 11:59 PM
    Wife on phone now with wireless provider (Rogers) tech support.

While she was updating, she received low battery warning. He suspects this may be the culprit.

Will update on progress, but for those of you who also ran into this, did you have Z10 plugged in during update?

Posted via CB10
    Mine was unplugged...and I received low battery warning....

Let me know if U get yours working...need also help
    10-30-13 12:08 AM
    Install BlackBerry Link on your computer. Then hook your phone up via the use cable. Link will open and will start to run. Give it a minute or two and then click on the bottom tab that says blackberry device (will probably have model number beside it). Then click on the small arrow next to the bottom tab and a pop up will appear. Click on restore. Then follow instructions to set up as a new phone. Or you could go to settings on your phone, then go to security and privacy and do a security wipe. That is probably easier. That will be like taking the phone right out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 12:14 AM
    Oops. Forgot your settings button doesn't work. So you can't do the security wipe from the settings menu.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 12:16 AM
    So good news is that she did back-up and then reloaded update. Bad news is some of her files and info is missing, much to Tech Support's surprise.

Will try restore to retrieve missing stuff.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 12:26 AM
    Timonelama, that worked for us. We backed-up, then reloaded update using Link. Make sure you keep it plugged in.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your attempts to help.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 12:31 AM
    Install BlackBerry Link on your computer. Then hook your phone up via the use cable. Link will open and will start to run. Give it a minute or two and then click on the bottom tab that says blackberry device (will probably have model number beside it). Then click on the small arrow next to the bottom tab and a pop up will appear. Click on restore. Then follow instructions to set up as a new phone. Or you could go to settings on your phone, then go to security and privacy and do a security wipe. That is probably easier. That will be like taking the phone right out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    I tried restoring with blackberry link...it just keeps on saying: software update in progress. Do not disconnect the device.

Had it over night like that and nothing happens
    10-30-13 12:41 AM
    Timonelama, that worked for us. We backed-up, then reloaded update using Link. Make sure you keep it plugged in.

Good luck!

Thanks everyone for your attempts to help.

Posted via CB10
    How long did the software update take? I had it on overnight and nothing happened
    10-30-13 01:11 AM
    i get the same trouble as you , with my Q10 weeks ago (i am in Singapore) , the only solution i have is to reset my device (factory reset) & and after use my latest backup after that for some days my battery drain a lot after 3 days like this everything return as normal and my Q10 work like a charm.

Today just receive the 10.2.0.424 i hope will be normal this time.

Seem's the update over the air with BB don't work so smoothly

[edit] the updates go smoothly and all work like a charm this time
    Last edited by Yann Blanes; 10-30-13 at 02:57 AM.
    10-30-13 02:45 AM
    Thanks Kale, for the suggestion, but that didn't change anything, still in same situation. Not even the phone service works, just wreaked total havoc since updating.

Posted via CB10
    other than that none. coz i have same problem after the update some app are not working but when i follow this long press key power button thingy it work like magic..

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 03:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    on that pop up mine only gives option: remove
    10-30-13 03:27 AM
    The whole process of backing up, then loading new update, then restore for missing elements (which) didn't work entirely was about an hour to 1 1/2 hours, each step roughly 20-30 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:28 AM
    Hope everything works out. This is why its important to have the phone plugged into a power source when doing any type of upgrade (ex: OTA or Leak) . The phone prompts you to do this when doing an OTA upgrade, even before initiating the upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:51 AM
    I did a complete wipe and reset factory settings. So now I have 10.02. But some of my apps aren't working. And they aren't the side loaded apps either. They are from bb world. I uninstalled and downloaded them again, rebooted and they still don't work.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 08:54 AM
27 12