I'm not sure if everyone goes through this, but every time I have my wifi connection on, none of the apps seem to want to use it. Bb world keeps loading with no return, fb is super slow with either a late return or no return whatsoever. Same goes to the cb10 app.
    What's the issue?

Posted using Z10 via CB10 on the Fido network, Toronto.
    06-14-13 02:39 PM
    This is strange. I use Wifi 90% of the time and have no problem with downloading or upgrading apps, checking FB etc. In fact, I am using Wifi right now for posting this. By the way, in BB WORLD settings you can say Yes to use Wifi Only for downloads.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:48 PM
    I'm not sure what the issue is, buy I feel like wifi conflicts with the 4g network, it's like the apps can't use two channels of networks simultaneously.
    If i turn the wifi on while the app is running, then it works fine ( which tells me the app isn't detecting wifi connection anyways), but if I turn the wifi on, then start an app, the app is either slow, or with no coverage.

06-14-13 09:37 PM
    I use BlackBerry 10 applications daily on both the wireless carrier network and various WiFi networks without any issues.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    syxx20603 likes this.
    06-14-13 10:09 PM
    I really hope Fido is not putting a block on using both the wireless network and wifi simultaneously! I'm not even sure if a carrier has the capability of doing something like that!

06-15-13 01:46 AM
    Sounds like a problem with your WiFi. You can't use WiFi and your carrier signal simultaneously. It's one or the other.

Posted One-Handed via BlackBerry Z10
    06-15-13 01:51 AM
    Any idea on how I might diagnose something like that?

06-15-13 02:21 AM
    Any idea on how I might diagnose something like that?

Had analogous problem with Storm 2 app Garmin; paid $50 for lifetime use. When I switched to Torch 9850 so that Storm 2's 3g radio was no longer in use, Storm 2 would work on Wifi, but not the app. Garmin claimed software had to have radio on. Bummer. Doc Neutron
    06-15-13 02:38 AM
    So I finally pinned down the cause of this Data vs wifi conflict. It turned out to be my carrier Fido, had given me blackberry data instead of regular data. BlackBerry data was mainly useful for anything before bb 10. After fixing the problem, everything worked hand-in-hand perfectly.
    Hope this helps people facing the same issue as I did.

07-25-13 11:45 PM
    Glad your issue was resolved.

Posted via CB10
    BBrickk likes this.
    07-26-13 04:55 AM
    Alright looks like I lied to myself and to whoever is following this thread. Nothing got resolved after changing my data. I'm not sure if I have my wifi settings messed up or if my router just doesn't like to work with my z10. All other phones and devices function properly at home, except for mine.
    I'm currently with Bell Internet fibe 25(for those in Canada) and I've had my own router for the longest time, dlink dir615.

It just bugs me that I have turn off my data to use the wifi. They just can't seem to work together!!!! So inconvenient.

Help?

07-29-13 01:20 AM
    I have used WiFi for a lot of data - more than I have via my mobile connection, so that is not the issue itself.

If nothing loads on WiFi it sounds more like an issue with the setup of your WiFi connection, for example a DNS issue.

I also doubt your carrier would block WiFi usage - even if they could, why would they? They would not gain anything, few people will pay for more data on a regular basis.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 02:00 AM
    Stuff load with wifi, but for a short period of time. Like if I keep scrolling on fb/cb10/9gag, it will load content for the first few minutes, but then everything just stops and it keeps loading with no return. If i turn off my data and use Wifi only, then I have no problems.

Is it possible that my router settings are not compatible with the phone? Remember I'm the only device in the house that has a problem with wifi.

Posted via Z10 STL100-3 using CB10. Fido, Toronto.
    07-29-13 11:55 AM
    have you figured it out? I have a similar problem
    04-25-14 09:07 AM
    I use wifi 90% of the time on my z10. I'm on Bell. I only get a conflict if I try to use android apps, so I don't use them!

My granddaughter had an iphone4 and is with Koodo. She had issues and conflicts galore with using data and wifi. It's complicated for her as she can't use all of her phone features without changing settings. It's either or and a lot of battery draining for her.

Mary Margaret From my Z-10
    04-25-14 09:21 AM
    All this sounds like router settings. I have an "old" D-Link DIR-601 and I'm running everything off it except the International Space station, no issues. Check your channel settings and see if changing helps. Also, a hard reset on the router and making sure you have the latest firmware sometimes makes a big difference. Put your phone in airplane mode, then turn on wifi. See if you still have issues.
    04-25-14 09:42 AM
    Found this thread. Can you check if you can pull something relevant in this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-issue-773689/

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 10:52 AM
    Alright looks like I lied to myself and to whoever is following this thread. Nothing got resolved after changing my data. I'm not sure if I have my wifi settings messed up or if my router just doesn't like to work with my z10. All other phones and devices function properly at home, except for mine.
    I'm currently with Bell Internet fibe 25(for those in Canada) and I've had my own router for the longest time, dlink dir615.

It just bugs me that I have turn off my data to use the wifi. They just can't seem to work together!!!! So inconvenient.

Help?

Wasn't that Dlink for specialty of some sort? Here in the US my room mate had one for a T-Mobile phone. Dumped it for a Linksys EA4500...all weirdness went away...

Trusted Member Genius
    04-26-14 02:59 AM
    Same with me, only some of my android apps have the issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 04:43 AM