Anyone know of any good warranty options that would work something like AppleCare does? Would I have to go directly through my service provider (in my case, Telus)?
    02-05-13 01:09 AM
    Anyone know of any good warranty options that would work something like AppleCare does? Would I have to go directly through my service provider (in my case, Telus)?
    Blackberry does not offer anything like that, neither does Sony or Samsung or HTC. Its just Apple that seems to be doing it. Also Telus has their own Warranty process but only gives you 1 year.
    02-05-13 01:11 AM
    Any idea how a credit card would cover it? If I buy the Z10 on contract via my Amex, would the extended warranty extend to the phone?
    02-05-13 01:13 AM
    Rim had an extended protection plan for the PlayBook. I've been trying to find out if BlackBerry have anything similar for the phones but no luck finding anything yet.
    02-05-13 01:13 AM
    Any idea how a credit card would cover it? If I buy the Z10 on contract via my Amex, would the extended warranty extend to the phone?
    You will need to talk to your Credit card company for that. I know some Insurance companies allow you to add your phone BUT its limited.
    02-05-13 01:14 AM
    Rim had an extended protection plan for the PlayBook. I've been trying to find out if BlackBerry have anything similar for the phones but no luck finding anything yet.
    Yes that was ONLY for the Playbook. They are not doing it for the Z10 from what it looks like.
    02-05-13 01:15 AM
    Could someone explain how the warranty for the Z10 works? As far as I can see the warranty can only be used if the seller sends it in to Blackberry. This makes no sense to me, why can't I go to BB directly as a customer? And what happens if the shop goes bankrupt, am I not able to use the warranty anymore then? For every company I have ever come across the warranty could be used by sending the device to the manufacturer (huawei, IBM, Lenovo, Apple, Western Digital, Asus, HP, Samsung,...). I could list every company I know. BB is the only one where I am really confused.
    02-05-13 04:53 AM
    I have the Telus care plan (forget the exact name). It's a monthly $8 on my account. Last June my screen was cracked & spider-webbed. I called in to the Telus insurance company and explained the accidental damage, was given a claim number, paid a $50 deductible by credit card and had a brand new device (not a refurb) delivered to me the next day. It was a full retail package. They sent a return postage-paid package with instructions to send the device only - no battery, charger etc. So I received the new device and essentially paid only $50 for a spare battery, holster, charger & headphones.

I've heard about customer service issues with Rogers & Bell. I've always been treated very well by Telus. Hope this helps.
    02-05-13 06:59 AM