- 02-05-13, 02:11 AM #2
- CrackBerry User
02-05-13, 05:53 AM #7
- 66 Posts
Could someone explain how the warranty for the Z10 works? As far as I can see the warranty can only be used if the seller sends it in to Blackberry. This makes no sense to me, why can't I go to BB directly as a customer? And what happens if the shop goes bankrupt, am I not able to use the warranty anymore then? For every company I have ever come across the warranty could be used by sending the device to the manufacturer (huawei, IBM, Lenovo, Apple, Western Digital, Asus, HP, Samsung,...). I could list every company I know. BB is the only one where I am really confused.
- 02-05-13, 07:59 AM #8
I have the Telus care plan (forget the exact name). It's a monthly $8 on my account. Last June my screen was cracked & spider-webbed. I called in to the Telus insurance company and explained the accidental damage, was given a claim number, paid a $50 deductible by credit card and had a brand new device (not a refurb) delivered to me the next day. It was a full retail package. They sent a return postage-paid package with instructions to send the device only - no battery, charger etc. So I received the new device and essentially paid only $50 for a spare battery, holster, charger & headphones.
I've heard about customer service issues with Rogers & Bell. I've always been treated very well by Telus. Hope this helps.
- By filoinstyle in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-31-12, 04:10 PM
- By heateris in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 1Last Post: 05-08-10, 09:26 PM
- By heateris in forum BlackBerry OS GamesReplies: 1Last Post: 05-08-10, 09:26 PM
- By bugluv23 in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 11Last Post: 10-26-09, 09:26 AM
- By A_S in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 6Last Post: 01-13-09, 02:58 AM