Hello to all, first post but been reading here for a while. Proud to say I bought The Z10 the day it came out. It has been awesome coming from a 9700, it's a wicked phone.

Here's my problem,

Before I went to bed the other night I started downloading the United Airlines app from app world. The download was extremely slow so I just set the phone down and thought it would be done in the morning. The battery was 90 % so I thought nothing of it.

When I woke up in the morning, 6 hours later, the phone was dead, I plugged it in to let it charge before I went out for the morning. The phone was a little over 50% at that point. The phone seemed warm but didn't really think about it too much. Over the next couple hours I did some light browsing, used the United Airlines app, looked through app world where I found the CB app and before I knew it the phone battery was almost dead again. I started trying to find out why and noticed app world was still showing the United Airlines app trying to install, but there was no progress on the status bar. Weird since the app was already used and in the meantime I had got several other apps with no problem. My guess is the battery died while installing, which messed something up.

App world won't let me stop or cancel the install and I believe it's killing my battery, the phone also feels warm to the touch when I'm not doing anything with it which leads me to believe it's processing all the time. I have deleted the United app since, hoping that would solve the a problem with no success. When I go to get it again, App World won't let me since it's already "Installing".

Is there a way to cancel or stop the install?

Thx

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-10-13 09:28 AM
    I have the same issue, but with another app "Pool Break Pro" Not been able to find a fix as yet and don't really want to do a security wipe
    02-11-13 12:11 PM
    no security wipe is needed. If you restart you can uninstall it. If you cant uninstall, go into BB World >> My World >> Apps > hover on app > delete
    02-11-13 12:35 PM
    Should have been more clear, have had a hectic day travelling!

Restart/battery pull hasn't done anything, if you go to BB World, My World I'm shown 1 active download which is this Pool Break Pro(See attached)

There's no option to delete, un-install, even the pause isn't an option. I feel that I need an option to be able to clear cache in applications as there is in Android, which has solved this issue...anyone know if there's a way to do this on the Z10?

I've even gone to My World via BB website ( appworld.blackberry.com) where the app is show as 'my app' and gives me the option to install/uninstall. yet when I try these options (install) "you are already downloading this item" (uninstall) says "An error occurred processing your request"

App stuck installing, killing battery fast-img_00000049.jpg
    02-11-13 01:10 PM
    Try backing up your phone and then security wipe. Restore the phone and don't include that app if you can or if you have to see if it's still stuck. Or when you find the same app in app world. And select it. Is the install or delete button on the main page of the app?

02-11-13 01:30 PM
    As mentioned in my 1st post, I want to leave security wipe as a last resort, if I select this option then it will just be swept under the carpet. I've emailed my BlackBerry training manager with the details and await a response.
    b_lafonque likes this.
    02-11-13 01:44 PM
    Hi would love to know the solution. I'm in the same boat but with the BBC iplayer app.
    02-13-13 10:40 AM
    The status bar on my stuck app doesn't even show any status complete. It would be nice if app world could be un installed, I like that area better than wiping the phone.

02-14-13 07:29 AM
    Hey,

finally I ended up in the same situation.

Anyone found a solution yet?

Cheers,
    K
    02-20-13 06:21 AM
    I had an app install or at least try to install like that, but battery pulls and restarting didn't help. I logged into my Blackberry World account from my pc and deleted the app there. I then reinstalled the app from my Z10 and no problems. It was TuneIn that did it for me. My guess is the restore process restored my apps (switched from one Z10 to an another Z10) there was something that screwed up in the install.
    kazakoshi likes this.
    02-20-13 07:26 AM
    Happened to me with the Crackberry App. I tried everything. My issue was it kept showing as installing but never showed up on my device or in App World. My only solution was to do a complete reload of the OS. After that the App installed with no issues.
    02-20-13 07:33 AM
    Only thing that worked for me was a complete wipe ..

it was unfortunate, but Angry Birds was making me angry at my battery!
    02-20-13 09:32 AM
    I had to reinstall the Tunein app as well after it wouldnt open. Silly little first world problems...
    02-20-13 11:14 AM
    only way I could solve that problem was backup, wipe and restore.

Worked like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 05:39 PM
    Happening to me with the flixster app..so annyoing!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 06:38 PM
    kccman ~ This sounds like the right way to do it. However when I click the 'Uninstall' button for the app (Angry Birds Star Wars in my case) I get this error in the browser: "An internal server error has been detected. Please try your operation again. (EC )". And I am logged out right away. Since I also cannot do a backup with Link I am stuck with this. I do not want to do a wipe at this point.
    02-20-13 10:34 PM
    I had the same issue with ExoPlanet Explorer. The only solution for me was to wipe and reinstall of my apps and another device switch for my Password Keeper data. I couldn't back up either since neither the original or updated BB Link will back up my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-13 11:19 PM
    Thanks. I tried it & it worked!! I logged in to my hubby's BB World and tried to uninstall first. It did not work. But when I tried to install next, his Z10 resumed installation process & this time completed installation. Our problem app was "File Locker" & I was ready to wipe this BB clean & start over. Now I am happy & my hubby will be impressed of my BB skill But now I come to realize that I should've not helped him since this is the app he is planning to use to hide something from me on his Z10 !?
    Update: I thought all was well but no!! I had to do security wipe to finally fix it.
    Last edited by kazakoshi; 03-02-13 at 12:05 AM.
    02-26-13 07:24 PM
    KB33818-Downloaded applications in BlackBerry World are stuck in an Installing state and cannot be cancelled or removed from the download list
    The work around provided in the link above worked for me. I had BB Maps stuck in the "Installing" status.

If you don't want to go to the link - here are the steps:
    Workaround
    Clear the BlackBerry World cache by performing the following steps:

1.Open BlackBerry World
    2.Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
    3.Tap on the Version number listed at the bottom of the screen.
    4.Select Back, and close the application.
    5.Reopen the BlackBerry World application and perform the download once again.
    sheeraz_aa and playbookster like this.
    03-08-13 10:28 PM
    KB33818-Downloaded applications in BlackBerry World are stuck in an Installing state and cannot be cancelled or removed from the download list
    The work around provided in the link above worked for me. I had BB Maps stuck in the "Installing" status.

If you don't want to go to the link - here are the steps:
    Workaround
    Clear the BlackBerry World cache by performing the following steps:

1.Open BlackBerry World
    2.Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
    3.Tap on the Version number listed at the bottom of the screen.
    4.Select Back, and close the application.
    5.Reopen the BlackBerry World application and perform the download once again.
    Omg thank you so much! It worked! Finally.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:33 PM
    Omg thank you so much! It worked! Finally.

Posted via CB10
    wow that was easy
    04-20-13 02:23 PM