I have had the Z10 for a few weeks now and think it is great. I came from an iphone and I had an app for everything! Banking, Sports, Starbucks.. etc... While I like the Z10 it is difficult to make this my primary phone if I do not have all the apps that I have been accustomed to having... Is anyone else feeling this way? I want so badly for this phone to succeed.
    Fnen90 likes this.
    04-24-13 03:15 PM
    this has already been addressed in many different threads.

a lot of us did research and such to make sure that we could be okay with the phone and the lack of the apps that we may have used on other phones.

i for one came from an SGS3 and i had to hold off for a few weeks until a working Whatsapp was available. but after that i didnt feel that i was missing out on anything.
    Fnen90 likes this.
    04-24-13 03:18 PM
    Also you can use the mobile site in the browser for your bank. But I do agree research before purchase is key.

Posted via CB10
    Fnen90 likes this.
    04-24-13 03:19 PM
    Research before buying ANYTHING is always key. I'm not shelling out so much money for something that doesn't work for me. However, the Z10 is a perfect match for me.
    04-24-13 03:30 PM
    any person that comes into my store and wants to get the Z10, I make sure to question what phones they came from and what they used to use on said phones.

there is no way I would sell the Z10 to anyone that is so app reliant
    jdhooghe and III 4U2NV III like this.
    04-24-13 03:35 PM
    I know what they should make just for you, an iphone app for the Z10.

I don't know what to say man, the iphone has like 837478283 apps. Can't beat that.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:30 PM
    I don't miss my GNote, even with the apps missing!

Posted via my White Z10
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    04-24-13 04:34 PM
    Agreed, some people just live off apps and fortunately I don't. I used to poll my friends on their mostly used apps and the common apps were FB, Instagram, Twitter, GPS, and WhatsApp (which my prev BB and Z10 have now minus IG). In due time, more and more apps will become available -- the phone just came out. As more Z10 users request/demand apps and especially after Q10 releases, we should see more apps. #fingerscrossed
    04-24-13 04:38 PM
    No one needs 800,000 apps (750,000 if you remove the fart apps). So the question is what does the Z10 not do that you wish it to do? Perhaps the apps you need do exist.
    04-24-13 04:38 PM
    The only website that I use that I'd rather see as an app is Kobo, because their web reader feels somewhat clunky. Well, that and CB10.
    04-24-13 04:41 PM
    Go to the side loading forum. All of your app needs can be met there OP.
    sqa4life and Robert Pepe like this.
    04-24-13 04:46 PM
    The only website that I use that I'd rather see as an app is Kobo, because their web reader feels somewhat clunky. Well, that and CB10.
    Everyone made a big deal about the Kindle app, but i don't get it, who the hell wants to read a book on a smartphone? I use kobo on my playbook, that makes sense to me. I tried Kindle on my Z and i just can't do it, it's ridiculous to me.

Maybe on a phablet, but on a smartphone is dumb.

Personal opinion.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:48 PM
    a lot of people need banking apps. Viber and other video calling apps as well.

i know im looking for a good call blocking app to come out.

i sort of agree but im fine using the browser for my TD account.
    04-24-13 04:48 PM
    Everyone made a big deal about the Kindle app, but i don't get it, who the hell wants to read a book on a smartphone? I use kobo on my playbook, that makes sense to me. I tried Kindle on my Z and i just can't do it, it's ridiculous to me.

Personal opinion.

Posted via CB10
    The TTC gets quite boring sometimes.

Speaking of the PlayBook, the only reason I ever got into this ebook hoopla is because Kobo was preloaded.
    04-24-13 04:49 PM
    The TTC gets quite boring sometimes.

Speaking of the PlayBook, the only reason I ever got into this ebook hoopla is because Kobo was preloaded.
    Yeah I guess so, but it's just so much work reading on a small screen. So much scrolling. Who has time for that!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:53 PM
    Yeah I guess so, but it's just so much work reading on a small screen. So much scrolling. Who has time for that!

Posted via CB10
    I see your "Posted via CB10". You have to admit, reading the forum from the CB app might as well be like reading an eBook

I get where the guy is coming from, It's easier ti carry one device then two around.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 04:59 PM

Personal opinion.

Posted via CB10
    I agree completely!
    04-24-13 05:01 PM
    I bank on my PC for security reasons and I dont drink at Starbucks so...... I dont understand the problem..... =D
    Robert Pepe likes this.
    04-24-13 05:07 PM
    I am fortunate enough to get all my phones for free. Along with service for them. I handle the cell phones for my company and I have relationships with all the major carriers.
    04-24-13 05:52 PM
    I am fortunate enough to get all my phones for free. Along with service for them. I handle the cell phones for my company and I have relationships with all the major carriers.
    Wanna hook a guy up with a Q10?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:57 PM
    It isn't the sheer amount of apps, it is the apps that you use. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, I have been a BB user for years and have been patiently waiting for BB to catch up to everyone else. I think it is a great phone but if you were rocking a Droid or an iPhone would the Z10 be good enough to make the switch?

The loyal BB users of course will upgrade... but I am not so sure about the masses... Just my opinion.. don't get all huffy LOL
    04-24-13 06:00 PM
    I will get mine the day it is released. I already have the Z10 from both T-Mobile and Verizon...
    04-24-13 06:01 PM