I've had a FIDO z-10 from launch day until about 2 weeks ago. I had zero re-booting issues with that previous blackberry.

2 weeks ago I picked up a WIND Z-10 for personal use and tethering unlimited. The last three days I've noticed it random re-boot at night time. It re-booted 10 minutes ago as well even after todays update.

On Q-10(buisness phone)launch I picked one up with Fido as well with zero re-boots.

Bottom line is I want to say sorry to all the people I've doubted on this site and even going as far as saying it was the american carriers sabotaging it with bloat ware. There is defiantly a problem with z10 reboots.

KARMA GOT ME!!!!

P.S. YO crackberry didnt you guys say you wanted to study this reboot issue swap with mine for yours that doesnt reboot... lol KARMA, KARMA, KARMA faq...

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 10:49 PM
    I too have a z10 with WIND for 2 months now. I'm pleased that to date I have only had 5 or 6 reboots and only 1 since 10.1 last week. For me I really don't mind a reboot once a week, and although a phone should not do this, the Z10 is a wonderful piece of hardware. As for those with a lot of reboots, sorry to hear that.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    05-22-13 10:55 PM
    ^Thanks Bro
    I've only noticed it happen at night time and hasn't happened while using it. I'm just curious as well on why this happens to some and not all. But O'well still rocking my Q with no NOTICEABLE re-boots.

I'd throw it on KIJIJI if was an ******* but I think that they will figure it out. If I get to anoyed I guess I'll give it to my nephew... KARMA BYATCH BURGERS!!!

Posted via CB10
    aarty likes this.
    05-22-13 11:02 PM
    OOPS, I meant ashhole!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 11:03 PM
    At least you manned up to it and apologize, there is still a majority of ppl who used to be like you and still downplay those with legitimate issues. And even think the user did something wrong. And are in strong denial that there is an issue with blackberry phones.

Unless it actually happens to them, they won't understand how those ppl feel. Some of these members lack empathy and just make the poster more upset, from accidently breaking the phone or rebooting issues. Unless it happens to those ppl they will still continue on their way and blame the user but not bb

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 11:04 PM
    ^ for real man...

But thats what this site is for. I'm not going to whine and "B" about it but lets try and figure out wtf is going on and help each other out.

CPL more things

I have no MICRO SD in it so that can't be the problem. Like others stated.

I do have a screen protector on it where as my former fido Z-10 didnt. I have a feeling this might be the cause so next re-boot im riping it off.

Posted via CB10
    angieberry10 and Mecca EL like this.
    05-22-13 11:12 PM
    We have three Zs at home and a bunch for the biz. I can say for certain that if we we're having the rebooting issues, I'd be absolutely insane.

Steve, Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 11:16 PM
    ^yes I feel you.

I guess I'm not freaking out yet because It never re-booted while I was actually using it. I have a feeling if it does a random re-boot while in use I will try out the competition for my personal device. That android OS is looking cool for entertainment purposes...

Posted via CB10
    ihys likes this.
    05-22-13 11:46 PM
    Lol don't rip out the screen protector. Mine rebooted with and without it! Lol seriously what a waste of a screen protector! . Unless you can put it back on somehow..

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 01:34 AM
    Too bad the two phones are not unlocked.

You could have been in a unique position to do some testing by swapping the Sims and see if the reboot has to do with carrier/radio.

Check out my "What Were They Thinking?" channel: C000BB092
    05-23-13 03:43 AM
    Just a few words about (Z10) reboots. I have had one reboot whilst using the phone since the update to 10.1 - I was simply scrolling down a list in Blackberry World. But I have had several night time reboots - annoying because I wish to use 'Bedside' mode and have been woken up by notifications after the reboot! I am currently investigating this by modifying the environment each night. At work I have a poor 3g signal and so force 3g reception. I have been leaving this force in place at home too. Last night I switched to 2g / 3g at home and didn't get a reboot. (I have a very strong 3g signal at home) I am on T-Mobile / Orange in the UK.
    05-23-13 07:39 AM
    Maybe give it some time? My Z10 had the odd reboot on 10.0, had 3-4 per day following 10.1, but after running 10.1 since release, I now have not had a reboot in 5 days (no usage changes and same carrier)
    05-23-13 07:59 AM
    Are both carriers GSM fall back? I also think it's a radio switching issue but I'm no engineer.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-23-13 08:06 AM
    I've had a FIDO z-10 from launch day until about 2 weeks ago. I had zero re-booting issues with that previous blackberry.

2 weeks ago I picked up a WIND Z-10 for personal use and tethering unlimited. The last three days I've noticed it random re-boot at night time. It re-booted 10 minutes ago as well even after todays update.

On Q-10(buisness phone)launch I picked one up with Fido as well with zero re-boots.

Bottom line is I want to say sorry to all the people I've doubted on this site and even going as far as saying it was the american carriers sabotaging it with bloat ware. There is defiantly a problem with z10 reboots.

KARMA GOT ME!!!!

P.S. YO crackberry didnt you guys say you wanted to study this reboot issue swap with mine for yours that doesnt reboot... lol KARMA, KARMA, KARMA faq...

Posted via CB10
    I'm beginning to think Fido somehow got the only good batch of hardware.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:08 AM
    Woke up this morning and put the charger to it and poof another reboot.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 08:21 AM
    My phone didn't reboot for the first time ever last night since getting the 10.1 update. The difference? I charged my phone before bed, and didn't leave it charging all night. This is definitely a software issue. Why? Because on 10.0 I wouldn't get reboots while charging overnight.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 10:03 AM
    This morning I tried the battery shim with business card trick. To no success my blackberry re-booted 10 minutes ago. Tomorrow morning I will rip off my screen protector to see if thats the cause.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 05:18 PM
    Honestly I believe it just boils down to the software. I mean there's no other way to put it. I have a 16 MB SD card in my zed and so far only one reboot has plagued my new T-Mobile phone. I have everything installed on it that I want.

I have tried for a week with no sidebar apps and that did nothing, then went a week with sidebar and that also produced nothing. I am lucky enough to say reboots were never really a problem.

This will be fixed. BlackBerry 10 is an amazing platform and the z10 is an amazing phone. It ain't you, it ain't your screen protector, it ain't your SD card. It will be fixed though. Promise
    Norg likes this.
    05-23-13 05:28 PM
    Lol screen protector is the funniest thing I've heard so far. Thanks for that . Really glad you didn't rip it off.. what a waste that would have been haha

Posted via CB10
    05-23-13 06:42 PM
    ^Man time for you to get another laugh. I'm serious about taking it off. It would be a waste if I didn't get it for free. So here goes nothing!!!

Lol fugg it!!! I wonder whats next?
    Apologies to all rebooting Z-10 users-img_00000263.jpg

Posted via CB10
    agp101 likes this.
    05-23-13 07:47 PM
    My phone didn't reboot for the first time ever last night since getting the 10.1 update. The difference? I charged my phone before bed, and didn't leave it charging all night. This is definitely a software issue. Why? Because on 10.0 I wouldn't get reboots while charging overnight.

Posted via CB10
    I have to try it tonight, leaving it charging at bedtime. I got a couple of times of reboots overnight without charging because I don't trust the one and only one China-made accessory - the charger when I am not watching it at bedtime ( afraid of burning out). I always get my phone fully charged before bedtime. However, not every night, it reboots, once a week only. So I don't know if charging or not charging is a reason.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    05-23-13 08:38 PM
    ^Man time for you to get another laugh. I'm serious about taking it off. It would be a waste if I didn't get it for free. So here goes nothing!!!

Lol fugg it!!! I wonder whats next?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000263.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	164618

Posted via CB10
    hahahha oh man.. definitely got a laugh out of me there . Reboots making you go crazy!!! Loll at least you got it for free.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:03 AM
    I have to try it tonight, leaving it charging at bedtime. I got a couple of times of reboots overnight without charging because I don't trust the one and only one China-made accessory - the charger when I am not watching it at bedtime ( afraid of burning out). I always get my phone fully charged before bedtime. However, not every night, it reboots, once a week only. So I don't know if charging or not charging is a reason.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    It is different for everyone that's for sure. On 10.0 many would report overnight reboots while charging, while I didn't have any overnight while charging. 10.1 comes and I have reboots whole charging. And I agree that I don't know if charging is the reason. In fact the whole point I did the not charging overnight test was so that I can disprove the fact it was a charging issue! I personally still don't believe it is a charging issue in itself because I can charge my phone in the middle of the day and it will never reboot. Even at night when I charge it reboots but only like after 6 hours when the battery has already been at 100% for a couple hours, thus was not actually charging when it rebooted.

Of course, with these things it could have been total fluke, and I was definitely surprised to see all my active frames this morning when I woke up. I'm trying it again tonight.. just finjshed charging my phone and it didn't reboot, and will be going to bed. If I wake up to active frames again I will find it interesting, but again I still don't believe reboots would be due to charging in and of itself at that point. If I get desired results tomorrow morning I'll try a night while charging and see what happens. Then I'll just take it from there and monitor the situation and try to solve at least a small part of the variable at play here.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:09 AM
    Had my second random reboot today. On rogers 10.1... I think everyone can get them but some are getting them a lot more

Posted via CB10
    05-24-13 12:10 AM
    Yes, I have noticed mine reboot a few times in the past few weeks after I install BB10.1.0.282.
    I noticed one time it reboot at night.
    05-24-13 12:18 AM
40 12