Look man, I'm not going to argue with you. All I know is before my z10 I had an nexus 4. The data worked on it. Before that I had an iphone 4s. The data worked on that phone too. No harm in me thinking that it would work on my z10 too. That's me though. I can't speak for others.

Posted via CB10
    Fair enough, not an unreasonable assumption. Hope BBRY rectifies this in 10.1.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    04-16-13 10:41 PM
    I prefer the Z10 more, but I see where you are coming from. I'm such a neat freak when it comes to my homescreen that I was never really a fan of widgets. As far as the keyboards, I'm not a fan of swiping through letters. As a matter of fact, I really don't flick on the Z10. I just type without looking at what its predicting and 95/100 it gets it right on the money. I only flick if I only have one hand free. I would give the keyboard a little more time. It only gets better over time.

I most definitely agree with you on the notifications thing. I'm hoping in the next update there will be an option to display text on the lockscreen or some way to go straight to that notification from the lockscreen without multiple swipes. I too dislike how you have to clear out notifications. It's quite annoying but no biggie.

Not sure if you knew this but you don't have to do a bunch of swipes just to get to a certain inbox (hub, text, email). Lets say you are in a text message convo. Just swipe the back button to the right, and any of the inboxes you are trying to get to can be selected. This saves you a couple swipes This works for some other apps too, like the CB10 app.
    Thanks for the tip. It doesn't help me in most situations where I'm having to swipe from the lock screen but it does improve the general flow while I'm in the Hub.

The Z10 keyboard is fine. I actually like it more than the Windows Phone keyboard but Swype is just too good for one hand typing. If I'm using both hands then I'd say the N4 and Z10 are about even.

I'll give you the point on widgets. They're crude but effective. It's not just the widgets though. Android just seems so ugly regardless of how many themes it has. I constantly want to tweak it to make it a little better or try a new theme just to see what I'm missing out on.

If they can get notifications and APN settings fixed in 10.1 I'll probably go back to the Z10. But then I'll have to figure out how to side load Spotify. It's always something.
    04-16-13 11:31 PM
    My unlocked T-Mobile branded Z10 works on starightalk att. Had to update OS and then I was able to adjust the apn through the engineering settings. :-)

Posted via CB10
    Zeronin likes this.
    04-17-13 04:16 PM
    What did you type in the fields in the general radio section? I can enter the apn name only....what fields did you fill in?
    04-17-13 07:46 PM
    What did you type in the fields in the general radio section? I can enter the apn name only....what fields did you fill in?
    Go to general radio
    Look for apn and enter att.mvno
    If you're on starightalk att

04-17-13 07:54 PM
    How do get to engineering setting?
    04-22-13 10:00 PM
    How do get to engineering setting?
    Look at the very first post in this thread.
    04-22-13 10:11 PM
    Thanks a bunch! Got my AT&T locked Z10 working with Red Pocket mvno sim card! You're awesome!
    05-16-13 05:05 PM
    FYI, this work around still works in leaked OS 10.1.0.1762

Posted via CB10
    jrdba likes this.
    05-16-13 05:21 PM
    FYI, this work around still works in leaked OS 10.1.0.1762

Posted via CB10
    When I upgrade to the official BB 10.1.x update pushed thru from AT&T will my current APN settings be wiped out and default to the old 'phone' entry? Thanks.
    05-16-13 05:42 PM
    When I upgrade to the official BB 10.1.x update pushed thru from AT&T will my current APN settings be wiped out and default to the old 'phone' entry? Thanks.
    There's a chance that it could, because the os versi�n changed. The cool thing is that we are going to be able to change it.

jrdba likes this.
    05-16-13 07:29 PM
    Smh... I strictly went out of my way to buy an unlocked carrier unbranded BlackBerry Z10 to avoid this exact problem. Yet the Carriers still found a way to dig deeper in my pockets. It's clearer than ever, Carriers and OEMs are in bed together. Oh well...
    06-01-13 12:15 PM
    APN is controlled by carrier.
    However, you may wish to read this. No promises.
    Yes and no. Yes you have to use your providers apn, I'm with rogers and there's multiple apn that they use one is ltemobile.apn and the other is rogers-core-appl1.apn

What I found is when I'm in North America, Europe, Australia the default apn on the z10 which is ltemobile.apn works however when I traveled to Africa that apn didn't work at all which means no data service, I can only get data service if I switch apn.

This is not a roaming issue or lock on my account.

Anyways this has been a pain in the arse, other phones have this setting editable why not on the z10 is a mystery.

The apn setting is normally editable on other devices, I know as I have a nexus 4, lumia 920 and iPhone 4s and 5.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-13 01:30 PM
    Fill in the field then you may have to press the spot where is says Set APN Name
    06-01-13 02:04 PM
    I'm really surprised this isn't a 50 page thread with the amount of b!tching people are doing about the greyed out APNs!
    I am one of those crackheads who is constantly b!tching about being locked out of my APN settings and can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread! This is an incredible find! Scary as he!! fiddling around in these weird screens but incredible nonetheless! I will continue to look out of the magical leaked OS that finally resolves this issue once and for all -- this workaround makes a good backup plan.

Strangely, OS 10.0.10.116 has been the only leak that has unlocked my Rogers APN settings. It also worked on OS 10.1.0.2342 and 10.1.0.2354 until I did a security wipe... since then, APN greyness. So bizarre!
    06-03-13 11:11 PM
    I am one of those crackheads who is constantly b!tching about being locked out of my APN settings and can't believe it's taken me this long to find this thread! This is an incredible find! Scary as he!! fiddling around in these weird screens but incredible nonetheless! I will continue to look out of the magical leaked OS that finally resolves this issue once and for all -- this workaround makes a good backup plan.

Strangely, OS 10.0.10.116 has been the only leak that has unlocked my Rogers APN settings. It also worked on OS 10.1.0.2342 and 10.1.0.2354 until I did a security wipe... since then, APN greyness. So bizarre!
    How long were you stuck with no data, since you weren't able to change the APN settings?
    06-03-13 11:15 PM
    Once you have access, go to General Radio and input your APN name. Close the engineering app and it works.
    Whats is going on that when I want to insert APN name in escreen when I close app this name is not saved ? I don't know what I'm doing wrong maybe someone can help me please ?
    07-12-13 10:33 AM
    Whats is going on that when I want to insert APN name in escreen when I close app this name is not saved ? I don't know what I'm doing wrong maybe someone can help me please ?
    What carrier!?

07-12-13 10:41 PM
    I found out how to change apn for Z10 go to APN settings 2 finger swipe up in the apn app and type apn then u can change settings got my data working no MMS at the
    workerb likes this.
    02-09-14 05:23 PM
    Hope I don't ruin this for everyone but this does work. You'll need to go through the engineering mode walk through.

How to access the engineering (Help Me!) screen on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com

Once you have access, go to General Radio and input your APN name. Close the engineering app and it works. I wouldn't play around in that app though. Not responsible for any damages to your device.

MMS still doesn't work. That setting should be in there somewhere.
    This works on my AT&T Locked Q10 running 10.3.1.396

I used an AT&T sim with a data only plan (iPad data plan) and changed the APN to broadband. Now data works on the Q10 and I get an LTE signal lock. The APN change even survived a restart and a battery pull.
    10-27-14 10:21 AM
    Hi guys,
    I have the same issues in Romania with my Blackberry Q10.
    The Apn was locked to blackberry.net. with a SIM card from DIGI Mobil provider.
    I was not able to change it....but if I insert another SIM card from other providers, the APN was editable.
    In other way, the DIGI Mobil sim card works fine on other phones....
    So what I have here is:
    1. APN locked with DIGIMOBIL sim card, but editable with other SIM cards from different providers
    2. a DIGIMOBIL sim card which works fine on other phones......
    The OS was updated to the latest version.

In this case I return my brand new phone.....so I am really pissed off, because my Q10 was the phone I really wish to have.
    12-05-14 01:49 AM
    I also have this issue same location Rom�nia (UE) provider DIGI MOBIL and model Q10 internet mobile doesn't work

Posted via CB10
    04-05-15 03:59 PM
    Mystery to me why this happens. T-Mo USA you can edit, AT&T, nope. Long shot, but on the Z10 you can get to APN settings another way and some have claimed it works: Hub > more > settings > text messages > advanced > APN settings.

Or... have you tried going through the "escreen"?
    04-07-15 10:24 AM
    You can edit the APN on AT&T. Just follow instructions in post #44. Or upgrade to 10.3.1. Then you don't need to enter an unlock code.
    Last edited by workerb; 05-10-15 at 04:27 PM.
    05-10-15 03:47 PM
49 12