I have an free banking APK file I would like to have extracted so I could convert it to BAR and do my online banking on my Z10, is there
    anyone that is capable of doing that? Ive requested in on numerous conversion sites but never got a response, thank you in advance.
    08-27-13 01:45 PM
    It might be possible to download it from Google Play.

What's the name of the app?
    08-27-13 01:46 PM
    its bankofherrin.apk... I have tried myself to do so, but don't have an android device to allow
    me to download it to convert it.
    08-27-13 01:49 PM
    08-27-13 01:50 PM
    If you have an Android device you can install it there and also install an app such as app extractor. Start app extractor and let it do the job.

As far as I know you can not download from the Google Play Store website.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 01:51 PM
    Yes that is it
    08-27-13 01:53 PM
    Thank for the option Sequester but unfortunately I do not have an android device, I only have and have had blackberry devices
    08-27-13 01:54 PM
    Yes thurask, that is the banking app im talking about
    08-27-13 02:04 PM
    08-27-13 02:29 PM
    thank you for extracting that APK for me!! I went to convert it though using apk2bar.org and it says there is an "atypical error while converting"
    08-27-13 02:39 PM
    nevermind, tried another converter and worked just fine, thanks again!
    08-27-13 02:45 PM
    Use the Chrome extension called "APK Extractor". You will also need an Android emulator called BlueStacks. You need BlueStacks in order to get a working Device ID for the APK Emulator to work.

This combo only works with free apps though. You can get paid apps just through BlueStacks by using backup apps, but that was a little more complicated in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 02:54 PM
    Look up Bluestacks on Crackberry. There's a tutorial on how to install it and set it up. That'll help you download whatever you want. After that you can convert it online. There's also a script you can run but I can't remember the topic or the name of the collection.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    08-27-13 03:06 PM
    Thanks so much for the help guys!
    08-27-13 03:17 PM
    Use the Chrome extension called "APK Extractor". You will also need an Android emulator called BlueStacks. You need BlueStacks in order to get a working Device ID for the APK Emulator to work.

This combo only works with free apps though. You can get paid apps just through BlueStacks by using backup apps, but that was a little more complicated in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Do you know of a tutorial for getting the paid apps out of bluestacks? The one i found was like 16 steps and required changing registry files i think. There must be a easier way.
    08-27-13 03:18 PM
    Does anyone on here have the BAR file for bank of america
    08-27-13 03:42 PM
    What converter did you use?

nevermind, tried another converter and worked just fine, thanks again!
    08-27-13 03:50 PM
    I hope you people KNOW that any APP or APK file that you install outside of the Google play store makes your phone potentially vulnerable to security issues and possibly malware and or other potentially harmful things being installed on your DEVICE.
    I'm just saying because The HOLY Grail of BB users mantra seems to be that BB is so SECURE ! and yet you install an APK manually ?
    Ya , you might as well through out any issues you have then with Android Phones then.
    Installing a BANK APK ! of all things is crazy stupid unless you install it from the source AKA play Store or for Apple Itunes, or BB app store.
    08-27-13 04:08 PM
    Not a good idea there.
    08-27-13 04:10 PM
    I hope you people KNOW that any APP or APK file that you install outside of the Google play store makes your phone potentially vulnerable to security issues and possibly malware and or other potentially harmful things being installed on your DEVICE.
    I'm just saying because The HOLY Grail of BB users mantra seems to be that BB is so SECURE ! and yet you install an APK manually ?
    Ya , you might as well through out any issues you have then with Android Phones then.
    Installing a BANK APK ! of all things is crazy stupid unless you install it from the source AKA play Store or for Apple Itunes, or BB app store.
    Android Runtime is sandboxed from the rest of your device, js.
    08-27-13 04:16 PM
    thanks for the concern Nathend..I don't have an issue with android and never complain about it either, I have had great luck with personal and
    business on my blackberry through the years and have stuck with them because of that... My small banks IT person only made apps for android and iphone.. I only posted this for access to my accounts using the phone that I have... I do understand that security is an issue will all phones. It doesn't make me stupid or the decision stupid, as long as you have trust and a solid relationship with the bank in concern. If I do have a security issue I have a good enough relationship with this locally owned bank that the matter can be taken care of. Thank for looking out for my best interest though. I hope everyone is as satisfied with their blackberry as much as I am, and I also wish the same luck to the android and iphone users, everyone deserves to have an opinion or preference, doesn't make them wrong or stupid, just makes it different from others
    08-27-13 04:49 PM
    uzmarvel I used mobiles24 online site
    08-27-13 04:53 PM
    And if the APK is downloaded from the Play Store?
    08-27-13 05:55 PM
    Do you know of a tutorial for getting the paid apps out of bluestacks? The one i found was like 16 steps and required changing registry files i think. There must be a easier way.
    If you look up how to extract an APK from an actual Android phone, it is the same method. You have to use a backup program and backup an app in BlueStack. You can then email it to yourself or transfer it to your hard drive. In fact, if you know someone with an Android phone, you can backup an app on their phone and email it to yourself. I just did this the other day in about 3 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-13 09:14 PM
    Or you could buy the app to support the dev. It's illegal enough to be side loading in the first place. Do you really wanna be stealing apps now?

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    08-27-13 09:30 PM
29 12