Not sure if this is in the right section, so don't bash me.

Recently I've been getting prank calls from a number and it's beginning to irritate me. The number shows up on caller ID but I'm pretty sure it's not a friend. Even if it is, I could give less than two cents and want the number blocked.

Here's the problem. As far as I know, there are no settings on the Z10 which allow you to blacklist numbers. I called Fido and they were absolutely useless as well, mentioning how they do not block numbers as a service and neither does their parent company Robbers. If anything, I pay $25 to change my phone number (wtf?).

So, fellow Crackberry bros and gurls, is there ANY WAY other than the above that I can get this number blocked?
    06-20-13 02:36 PM
    Ehh, that sucks! I have no idea, but I would like to know too if anyone has any answers!!
    06-20-13 02:56 PM
    Try going to your carrier's website. You can typically block a certain amount of numbers for free. I know you can on VZW and Sprint.
    06-20-13 03:00 PM
    Another alternative is to enable "parental controls", and check "phone calls from contacts only".

Anyone not in your contacts will be blocked (not perfect as it blocks everyone not in your contacts) but could work as a temporary solution till these pranksters get tired of hassling you after a few blocked calls.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 03:05 PM
    If you do in fact see an actual # I would save it and assign it as DNA 'Do Not Answer' and make the notification for it silent.

Posted via CB10
    Icarus3000 likes this.
    06-20-13 03:10 PM
    I am waiting for a call filter as well. I emailed Toysoft and this is what I received back from their tech support : When BlackBerry release the phone api then I can start work on it.
    06-20-13 03:12 PM
    Not sure if this is in the right section, so don't bash me.

I called Fido and they were absolutely useless as well, mentioning how they do not block numbers as a service and neither does their parent company Robbers.
    That's a blatant lie from them. In the My Rogers app I have the option to block numbers from calling and texting me. I'd call again and talk to someone higher up who might know what they're talking about.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    shaleem likes this.
    06-20-13 03:13 PM
    If you do in fact see an actual # I would save it and assign it as DNA 'Do Not Answer' and make the notification for it silent.

Posted via CB10
    Liking this solution a lot. I'll try this out and see how it goes.

I am waiting for a call filter as well. I emailed Toysoft and this is what I received back from their tech support : When BlackBerry release the phone api then I can start work on it.
    Would love an app that was able to do this!

That's a blatant lie from them. In the My Rogers app I have the option to block numbers from calling and texting me. I'd call again and talk to someone higher up who might know what they're talking about.
    9700 > 9900 > Z10
    Notorious for lying, I'm not surprised they said that.
    06-20-13 03:27 PM

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    As Fido is the discount arm of Rogers, may not be entitled to full Rogers services.
    06-20-13 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's what I do, complete with a contact photo of the most annoyed face I can make.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-20-13 04:36 PM
    Would be nice to block telemarketer calls. How do they even get the private cell phone numbers?
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    06-20-13 06:26 PM
    06-20-13 06:58 PM
    Once the OS and API's catch up - I'll make you my beta tester

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Now that I'm ready to do!
    06-20-13 08:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hi.
    Would you make the App Headless? Then I am very interested too

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:28 AM
    Hi.
    Would you make the App Headless? Then I am very interested too

Posted via CB10
    Yeah basically I need headless support + ability to manipulate calls

In a perfect world, If I could play audio ton caller over the phone, it would be sweet.

"I'm sorry, but the person you are trying to call..."

And if I can record calls well now you can have a full vmail system

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 11:01 AM
    Yeah basically I need headless support + ability to manipulate calls

In a perfect world, If I could play audio ton caller over the phone, it would be sweet.

"I'm sorry, but the person you are trying to call..."

And if I can record calls well now you can have a full vmail system

Posted via CB10
    Looks like nice Options. I hope they hold they current kind of Schedule for releasing the Phone API in the Gold SDK in Mid of August. So if You bind me in Your Project as a Beta tester, I will do everything I can to make your App known. Well as far as my possibilities go as a private Person.

But iam in other BlackBerry Forums as well and the Admin/Initiator of a Long existing and well known German Forum follows me on Twitter (well more for my political activity but anyway). I just want to give you something for ahm great i forgot the correct term right now oh my lol

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 05:16 AM
    Np,

The second I see the ability in the API's - I'll get you to beta test. And I'll put the app in for free in appworld

It currently isn't in the 10.2 beta blackberry send (I checked)

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 10:37 AM
    That's bad news. I swear they guaranteed it in 10.2. I hope it comes. I'd also be interested in beta testing if you need more than one person.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    06-22-13 11:57 AM
    That's bad news. I swear they guaranteed it in 10.2. I hope it comes. I'd also be interested in beta testing if you need more than one person.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    Thanks . I'm hoping it's because the SDK is still in beta...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:59 AM
    Thanks . I'm hoping it's because the SDK is still in beta...

Posted via CB10
    Last time i read about the Phone API, the Schedule still says it comes with 10.2 SDK Gold-Status which is planned for Mid of August.
    KermEd likes this.
    06-22-13 02:07 PM
    I'm excited. The only thing that gets me more excited than new updates with new features is women.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    06-23-13 10:45 AM
    Np,
    The second I see the ability in the API's - I'll get you to beta test. And I'll put the app in for free in appworld
    It currently isn't in the 10.2 beta blackberry send (I checked)
    Posted via CB10
    Hello Again!

Now that the SDK is available, i hope the Final Functions in the API's bringing all the needed Stuff. I registered for the Session yesterday evening but had no time to watch. So i am not sure what comes.

About the APP:

In the last weeks i have talked to many People about this App / made a bunch of Advertising for it. Here are a few things that are going on:

Wishlist:
    1.) Blocking Calls AND SMS
    2.) Blacklist+Whitelist

Maybe as a Pro Version:
    3.) Managing Calls with Profiles / Task Manager like:
    3.1.) From i.e. 8AM to 20PM (but with individual times of course...) allow all Calls.
    3.2.) From i.e. 20PM to 8AM allow only Calls from the Whitelist
    4.) Forwarding Calls to another individual set number.
    5.) Forward Blocked-Calls to the VMM to i.e. tell them they need to show their number to get through
    6.) Send Blocked Calls / Calls with blocked Number automatically different, pre-defined SMS Text.
    6.) A Silver List (effective 24Hours/7Days): Lets see if i can describe this correct with my not so good english:
    On times, when Numbers on the Whitelist are not prioritized, allow specific Numbers to always call you (i.e. your pregnant wife, friends, your boss ...)

If possible: Option to store those Lists locally on the SD-Card. Some of them wish this.

Thoughts about the App:
    Maybe make a Lite and PRO Version? As the other Functions are making this more of a Call Manager, ALL People i have talked to, really want/need this options as they have used it under the old OS and really missing it. ALL of them are ready to Pay for the extra options.

I have told them, that i am not sure if the Developer has the Time or is willing to make this (or when he is willing if the API's allow it) but in case you can, will and do: You can make some extra Money

I dont have asked yet, how much they are willing to Pay at maximum for this. But if you decide to make some extra Stuff happen, i will ask them. Personally: I would put ~5-6 Euro in to get ALL of this.

Besides that: I am Ready to BetaTest

Greetings from Germany
    Oliver
    08-15-13 12:43 AM
    Now that the SDK is available, i hope the Final Functions in the API's bringing all the needed Stuff. I registered for the Session yesterday evening but had no time to watch. So i am not sure what comes.
    I've been looking through the new documentation and I still can't find where to read the phone number of an incoming all. It's SUPPOSED to be there, other developers have been looking too. But no luck so far: Get the number of an incoming call - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    08-15-13 05:12 PM
    I've been looking through the new documentation and I still can't find where to read the phone number of an incoming all. It's SUPPOSED to be there, other developers have been looking too. But no luck so far: Get the number of an incoming call - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    Well that's a shame. I hope they just forgot to update the Documentation.
    I have checked this link mentioned in the thread
    https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...llupdated-call
    but cant find it either (well i havent developed for years so good possibility i have overlooked it)

EDIT: At the end of the link it says: "Last modified: 2013-08-14" I hope some of the other Devs will find it
    08-15-13 06:08 PM
32 12