For anyone wondering if they should buy a z10...DO ITI (IMO of course). I have to admit some of the threads on here lately made me a little worried about buying the z10 and after playing with mine for the last 5-6 hours, i'm simply blown away and fully satisfied. I really can't believe that anyone can go ahead and nitpick little changes or things such only waking up the phone in one direction and then being disappointed with their experience. I HATE change and i LOVE this phone.

My biggest concern was being a die hard qwerty keyboardian. I left the store and sent two texts instantly and realized you can mash the keyboard and type something that i swear looks like "asfasd alskdfjlkasj asldfjhsdlk" and it magically knows what you want to say, and it's actually accurate - unlike the funny auto correct stuff you read on the internet. i thought i'd have to get used to typing on a virtual keyboard and i'm sure i'll get better at it but it simply doesn't matter because the prediction has magical. also, i read there is no permanent period or comma buttons in the main keyboard and that's wrong, they're on either side of the space bar.

The only thing I can nitpick is the sound profiles situation, I wish it had it. I'm the type of person that doesn't like change AND i'm stubborn and let me tell you, all the changes and differences are for the better. I'm already familiar with the hub, active frames, etc and it works just as you'd expect a blackberry to. love it.

right away me and a friend are on bbm video doing that video share and showing eachother the apps we got and giving eachother pointers on system settings and of course you can watch real time as they walk you through it.

i loved my blackberries but i was pretty open to trying an iphone or an android this time around and i can honestly say that this phone is the best device available right now. anyways i know this thread is kind of all over the place but i just wanted to give some reassurance, this thing is amazing, it runs amazing, it feels amazing and i can't put it down. i can't say anything about battery life yet but the guy at bell said after the first couple charges the battery sorts itself out and is lasting nearly two days for him of normal use which he said was a solid amount more than he gets form his iphone5. i know i'm not talking about specific things about screen quality, or snappyness, etc and that's just because it's all exceeding what i had expected.
    02-05-13 06:26 PM
    Damm you just made the wait longer for me. I wish that I could just close my eyes and wake up in the month of March. I'm glad that you are happy and loving it though. I'm sure that I will too when I have this baby with me.
    02-05-13 07:26 PM
    thank you for the positive. My wife has been wanting a Samsung Galaxy Note II but after having her watch parts of the keynote and a lot of the videos here she told me today she wants a Z10 now
    02-05-13 07:34 PM
    It'll be worth the wait for you guys. I could nitpick one or two small things like having to select multiple messages rather than a "delete prior" but these are all things i'm sure they can address in software updates and if not, it wouldn't really bug me all that much. There are no disappointments at all, it runs well as far as software and hardware goes. I have a playbook and I was worried the rotation would be as slow and the scrolling through pages would be as laggy and fully of checkerboarding and that's not the case with either. So now I can't wait to get os10 on my playbook. I downloaded bridge and even bridge works better on this phone with my playbook than my 9900 did.
    02-05-13 08:37 PM
    Agree...love the phone, few bugs and I can't get my bridge to work but I'm not worried...figure it out later.
    02-05-13 08:54 PM
    My biggest concern was being a die hard qwerty keyboardian. I left the store and sent two texts instantly and realized you can mash the keyboard and type something that i swear looks like "asfasd alskdfjlkasj asldfjhsdlk" and it magically knows what you want to say, and it's actually accurate - unlike the funny auto correct stuff you read on the internet. i thought i'd have to get used to typing on a virtual keyboard and i'm sure i'll get better at it but it simply doesn't matter because the prediction has magical. also, i read there is no permanent period or comma buttons in the main keyboard and that's wrong, they're on either side of the space bar.
    Then how the heck did you manage to type "asfasd alskdfjlkasj asldfjhsdlk"?
    kelexiong and MXBerry like this.
    02-05-13 09:07 PM
    ShaneN., thank you a bunch. I've tried not to get caught up in the complaints, criticisms and whining but it is hard. Your post was like a breath of fresh air and makes me look forward to my white Z10 even more.
    02-05-13 09:10 PM
    For anyone wondering if they should buy a z10...DO ITI (IMO of course). I have to admit some of the threads on here lately made me a little worried about buying the z10 and after playing with mine for the last 5-6 hours, i'm simply blown away and fully satisfied. I really can't believe that anyone can go ahead and nitpick little changes or things such only waking up the phone in one direction and then being disappointed with their experience. I HATE change and i LOVE this phone.

The only thing I can nitpick is the sound profiles situation, I wish it had it. I'm the type of person that doesn't like change AND i'm stubborn and let me tell you, all the changes and differences are for the better. I'm already familiar with the hub, active frames, etc and it works just as you'd expect a blackberry to. love it.

right away me and a friend are on bbm video doing that video share and showing eachother the apps we got and giving eachother pointers on system settings and of course you can watch real time as they walk you through it.

i loved my blackberries but i was pretty open to trying an iphone or an android this time around and i can honestly say that this phone is the best device available right now. anyways i know this thread is kind of all over the place but i just wanted to give some reassurance, this thing is amazing, it runs amazing, it feels amazing and i can't put it down. i can't say anything about battery life yet but the guy at bell said after the first couple charges the battery sorts itself out and is lasting nearly two days for him of normal use which he said was a solid amount more than he gets form his iphone5. i know i'm not talking about specific things about screen quality, or snappyness, etc and that's just because it's all exceeding what i had expected.
    You! YOU MAGNIFICENT B4STARD!
    02-05-13 09:16 PM
    Then how the heck did you manage to type "asfasd alskdfjlkasj asldfjhsdlk"?
    lol! i'm on the pc

Agree...love the phone, few bugs and I can't get my bridge to work but I'm not worried...figure it out later.
    i just went on my playbook and went to the bridge in options and displayed barcode and scanned it within the bridge app from the phone and it found it right away.
    02-05-13 09:59 PM
    lol! i'm on the pc
    OK, you win
    02-05-13 10:31 PM