The PlayBook charger is amazing, charges the phone in two hours and is really long.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:20 PM
    I hear ya, but whether it makes sense or not, it happened. When I tried it again, the message didn't pop up. Perhaps it's because I have an air conditioner plugged into the other outlet? Maybe the condenser turned on at that moment?

I don't see a long playbook cable on crackberry's site. I searched, But all I see is shorter ones. Link?
    I suspect your air conditioner was on at the time, and there was not quite enough juice to run the charger at that particular time. Turn the A/C off and I bet this doesn't happen.
    07-07-13 10:29 PM
    I hear ya, but whether it makes sense or not, it happened. When I tried it again, the message didn't pop up. Perhaps it's because I have an air conditioner plugged into the other outlet? Maybe the condenser turned on at that moment?

I don't see a long playbook cable on crackberry's site. I searched, But all I see is shorter ones. Link?

The AC unit certainly could be a factor. The voltage drop under load depends on the gauge of the current-carrying conductors and the power draw of the device. If the AC unit was plugged into an under-rated plug or extension cord, it could cause a significant voltage drop on that branch when it cycles on, especially if other high current-draw devices are operating at the same time on that circuit.

Even so, modern switching power supplies for mobile devices are typically rated to provide a relatively constant output over a range of input voltages from ~100-240v.

Still a very strange phenomena.

I just installed a very new OS leak on my Z10 (over the extremely old software build that Verizon still hasn't updated), I'm hoping this might address things like that charger warning that seems to appear at inappropriate times.
    07-08-13 03:49 AM
    Well, it turns out those bozos sent me a 1.5 FOOT cable instead of 1.5 METRE. The ad on Amazon, and even the shipping label and invoice, state "1.5m". They gave me a refund, but I'm back at square one. I'll see if I can find one of the aforementioned Playbook charging cables. Meanwhile I'm using the Z10 charger plugged into a different extension cord (3 prong) and I haven't seen that warning message again and it's charging fine.
    07-22-13 03:40 PM
    I use the O.E. Cable and plug, but I have a generic 6foot extension between them. I got the warning twice that my phone could take longer to charge, but I can't tell any draw back.

I also got this warning using a brand new Verizon car charger with the light on the end, but again, when I disconnect, it is charged to where I'd expect given the time it spends on it.

Over sensitive parameters maybe??

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 03:56 PM
    Verizon Branded Chargers Do Not Work As Well As Blackberry OEM car or house chargers do. Verizon salesmen will sell you one but they do not have the proper electronics inside. Return them. Get your money back. We here at home went that route for 3 Z10's. Learned the hard way. Z10's come with 850mAh chargers. Also if you use a longer USB cable you have higher resistance. You lose some charging oomph.Ordered all official Blackberry house stuff from Amazon and the Premium dual charging car adapters that will REALLY charge your Playbook and simultaneously but slower charge your Z10 in your car. Happy campers now.

P.S. The dual BB car charger will fast charge your Z10 alone at 1 1/2 times the rate of the house charger if you use the coil cord. Around 1150 mAh rate of charge. Tell you what, I'll post a pic of the charger for the car in a few minutes...
    My Verizon store had the six foot cord with the lite plug that is the rapid charge type. Also we bought two, six footers with the special plug (also Verizon branded), from Amazon. You just have to keep in mind that they need to be compatible with the Z10's rapid charge system.
    07-22-13 03:56 PM
    BlackBerry Premium Dual car charger. Charges Playbook too. Fast charges Z10 at over 1100 mAh...on single coil cord connection. Charges PlayBook /Z10 simultaneously but slower...
    Anyone using a longer USB charging/date cable?-img_20130729.jpg

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 04:10 PM
    Omnitech, I think he meant longer usb cord not extension cord....

Posted via CB10
    07-22-13 04:12 PM
    Omnitech, I think he meant longer usb cord not extension cord....

That's what the thread title says but people have subsequently made several posts referring to differences when using different A/C ("Mains") extension cables, including the OP himself, ie here:

I was referring to the electrical extension cord (not USB cable). Used with the standard USB cable that came with the phone, it gave a warning message the first time I tried it.
    07-22-13 11:00 PM
    That's what the thread title says but people have subsequently made several posts referring to differences when using different A/C ("Mains") extension cables, including the OP himself, ie here:
    That was written only as a reply to another post. The quote is taken out of context. I'm pretty sure my original post and thread title (w/ a horrible typo "date cable" lol) that I could not correct after the fact) are clear, no? Not complicated. I wanted a longer USB cable. The first extension cord I tried, 2 prong, triggered that weird message on the phone. Subsequently, I changed extension cords to a better 3 pronger. No message using that one.

I was (and still am) looking for a longer USB cable. The extension cord talk is beside the point. But since the original usb cable is working fine (for charging) with the 3-prong extension cord, perhaps I'll just get another standard issue USB Z10 cable for data backup purposes and call it a day. Geez, I wasn't looking for a 10 foot USB cable! lol. Just something a bit longer than the relatively short one that comes w/ the Z10.
    07-22-13 11:15 PM
    I've actually been using my playbook charger since day 1. It's much longer than the cable that came with the Z10. See if you can pick one up on ebay/amazon/crackberry/blackberry..
    07-22-13 11:19 PM
    I have always used the BB Premium Wall charger with a 6 foot cord to charge all of my phones. They are not cheap but you can buy them
    here in the CB store. Always given me great service.
    07-22-13 11:21 PM
37 12