Great tips, all with uses at different times.
    The delete/backspace thing only seems to work after you've popped up a highlight circle -- I can't quite figure out the logic...
    In addition to right and left, tapping the top or bottom of the evil highlight circle moves up and down lines.
    I like the circle more now, though it's still awkward...
    2cats1dog likes this.
    03-26-13 12:23 AM
    Another keyboard tip; If you want to get rid of the keyboard while it is open without tapping on a non-input spot on the screen, simply swipe from the top of the keyboard down to the bottom bezel with TWO fingers. This should close the keyboard and keep the cursor where it is.
    Another option is to hold the space bar for 2 seconds and will disappear as well ;-)
    jc, chrispipe and webber35 like this.
    03-26-13 01:33 AM
    Wow, nice catch! Great tip to save time!

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:54 AM
    Darn, that keyboard is feature rich! Can't wait! (Vodafone has been full of empty promises here in The Netherlands, so I could be getting my Z10 this week, or it could be some time next month....

Thanks OP & all posters, this will help me hit the ground running when I get mine!
    03-26-13 03:15 AM
    Heh, that's pretty cool. So many tricks up the sleeves of this device.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:24 AM
    In can't figure out how to do it. :/

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:30 AM
    !$b! #@@

Sorry, just trying both th ways and for me swiping down seems better.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 05:48 AM
    Oh man I was actually missing that on Swift key. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:01 AM
    Kind of off topic, I became very attached to SwiftKey Flow, even though I hated Samsung Swype. Does anyone know if if there are any plans for similar Flow features?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:06 AM
    Neat! I'm sure we're going to find out so much more

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:19 AM
    How many times should it be read? Many more have commented about down swiping the keyboard as being quicker. Just was not clear.
    At least have the courtesy to ask for clarification instead of flaming the OP for not providing a useful tip. It just make u look like an a$$hole, a$$hole.

I too didn't get it at first. But I'm smart enough to read on the comments of other users to know that u have to actually hold the ?123 button and while not letting go of your finger after the keyboard has changed, move ur finger towards the desired sign, finally letting go ur finger after that.

Kudos to the OP for finding this out for many of us. Made alot of our lives easier.
    03-26-13 06:24 AM
    Someone showed me this today...when typing and requiring a punctuation that requires a keyboard switch...like a question mark...you can hold the question mark button on the bottom right and drag finger (or thumb) up to the question mark and release and you will get the mark and the keyboard will not need to be toggled back.
    Works with all punctuation, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:30 AM
    Another option is to hold the space bar for 2 seconds and will disappear as well ;-)
    Also, while in bbm just place thumb over the text box and drag it down to hide the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:32 AM
    If you use 2 fingers you will delete 2 words and so on! (or thumbs)

CB10 App, Z10

Excellent! I knew about the swipe to delete a word - but didn't know you could do more words at a time. Sadly it doesn't work on the playbook no matter how many times I forget and try it. Lol
    03-26-13 06:45 AM
    Thanks for letting me know about this. You can also hold the keyboard switch button down and hit the ? And it will switch back. Space bar also always switches it.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:51 AM
    Nice!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 06:58 AM
    Happy to hear that is on the Z10. I accidentally discovered that feature on my Note II a few weeks ago and it is a BIG timesaver. Counting down until I can upgrade my 9850 to Z10 on 4/23!
    Exactly.....I used Swiftkey 3 on my GS3 and was thinking BB should adopt some of the Sk3 shortcuts...(think I read the Z10 keypad is swiftkey). Thanks for the heads up.
    03-26-13 07:12 AM
    Kind of off topic, I became very attached to SwiftKey Flow, even though I hated Samsung Swype. Does anyone know if if there are any plans for similar Flow features?

Posted via CB10
    I haven't heard any rumors about it but I hope they do bring Flow to the Z10.
    03-26-13 07:14 AM
    that works well. I was swiping down with one finger to get punctuations, this could be easier.

Thanks for the tip!
    03-26-13 07:21 AM
    omg awesome, thanks for tips guys!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 07:22 AM
    Someone showed me this today...when typing and requiring a punctuation that requires a keyboard switch...like a question mark...you can hold the question mark button on the bottom right and drag finger (or thumb) up to the question mark and release and you will get the mark and the keyboard will not need to be toggled back.
    I actually don't understand what you're saying mate. When i type.. there is no question mark at the bottom right of the keyboard. Just a SEND or Enter symbol. The only was a question mark or whatever shows is by swiping down on the keyboard or pressing the left bottom key.

What am I missing???
    03-26-13 07:31 AM
    I actually don't understand what you're saying mate. When i type.. there is no question mark at the bottom right of the keyboard. Just a SEND or Enter symbol. The only was a question mark or whatever shows is by swiping down on the keyboard or pressing the left bottom key.

What am I missing???
    I think he meant bottom "left" instead of bottom "right" it's the botton that says "?123"

Hold that botton then slide to the question mark.
    03-26-13 07:40 AM
    I think he meant bottom "left" instead of bottom "right" it's the botton that says "?123"

Hold that botton then slide to the question mark.
    Yeah that worked.. already knew that actually. I just couldn't get the "bottom right" stuff. Thought i had a keyboard or something.
    03-26-13 08:06 AM
    In can't figure out how to do it. :/

Posted via CB10
    Me either. I just swipe down for the character screen.
    03-26-13 09:32 AM
    I just swipe down from the upper row of letters, then select the question mark. It toggles back to the regular keyboard.
    Thanks that's a good tip.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:55 AM
75 123