I'm not sure, but I suspect few, if any, platforms other than BlackBerry have discussions on which apps you should ditch to help with battery life. BB Travel is a staple diet for some users too, not just some random Android port. It's likely correct, but a shame.

Posted via CB10
    It's a poorly coded app on a new platform...it happens...then they get updated and fixed and all is well. I just don't get this zero-tolerance attitude with v1.0 apps and a v1.0 OS...
    ian8206, shads77 and Sexy Sadie like this.
    03-26-13 12:46 PM
    I can't take anything seriously coming from a guy who made his name PJ Stock. A horrible hockey player, even worse now as an analyst. Like PJ Stock's analysis, I don't like it.
    I just had to find the Battery heading to know you didn't take the time to find out there is something wrong with your device. But additionally, your Cons are blown way out of proportion. I understand you miss spotify, but you also said you don't like the app selection and that the app you thought could work as a substitute was crumby app. This is all one con, not to mention it will be rectified when more apps come. I've never heard of the timestamp issue before, and have never experienced a problem with my email syncs. I read an email on my computer and I maybe get 1 blink of the LED before it stops. However I'm not doubting these issues, I just don't think BB will neglect to address them in the update you have to know is coming in a matter of weeks.
    Last edited by ian8206; 03-26-13 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
    agp101 likes this.
    03-26-13 01:22 PM
    At least it took 3 pages for the personal attacks to begin
    mset and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    03-26-13 01:26 PM
    Unless you really are PJ stock I don't think I was personally attacking you
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    03-26-13 01:35 PM
    One thing which I noticed after purchasing the BlackBerry Z10 was that I was spending more time with my BlackBerry as compared to my previous mobile.

This increased time was because I was learning the features over my BlackBerry Z 10.

And after one week when I learnt almost all the features of my BlackBerry Z10, I realized that the battery performance has increased.

Posted via CB10
    Sexy Sadie and shads77 like this.
    03-26-13 02:00 PM
    yeah well OP is mostly talking about small details. no phone is perfect and i can go on and on about the iPhone (no DLNA, horrible multitask, 5 years old interface, no flash... and whats the thing about having to convert every single file and put it to itune before plugging your phone on a computer and transferring it?...and the list goes on).

its all a question of personal taste and also being able to be patient. OP was patient with iPhone 5 when it came out (remember the battery problems with iOS 6 and then 6.1.. and they apparently still have it with certain active sync user...) why can't you be patient with the Z10. battery life had already hugely improve since the last update. I get easily through 5 hours of very heavy usage. and i get the feeling its going to get better. And the lack of app... well i prefer to lack a 1 or 2 app as opposed to not having DLNA, or being able to just drop a video file on my phone! Or having to convert my entire song collection!
    agp101 and shads77 like this.
    03-26-13 02:03 PM
    Yes, I do have the latest software update.

Although, the phone will continuously tell me that I have a new software update available, meanwhile it is the exact same OS version and installing it simply reinstalls all of the AT&T bloatware that I removed when I bought it...
    How many hours a day are you playing games? Using LTE?
    03-26-13 02:04 PM
    Hey.. we're considerate here on Crackberry. You used the device for at least 3 days, so we waited at least till page 3 .

You're really like every other thread starter of this kind though. Come here to spread crap around.. always starting out with the pros and seeming very enthusiastic, then the cons are always end of the world scenarios and always include false information. Then after a few posts they try to come off as sincere and in good faith, inquiring for help (which, of course, could you not have asked for in the OP?). Then playing the part of victim looking for pity.
    We've seen it all man... it's like a template someone created.
    If anything, you're taking advantage of members' good faith in trying to be helpful. They really do try around here these days not to assume youre
    Type is a troll and to simply say goodbye have fun elsewhere etc. When these people keep getting taken advantage of the luxury of posting this threads becomes increasingly small..

It's a cycle but in the end, this luxury is always short lived. Hope you find what you're looking for in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 02:13 PM
    Alright, I will admit, on heavy usage I get about 12 hours battery life and am usually pushing it in the evening. Although, if I browse constantly, ie the screen is on and I am doing stuff, I figure I get about 3 hours of screen on time.

When I first got my Z10, before the update, I was getting about 6 hours of battery life. It was driving me nuts, but others in my office with iPhone 5’s shared the sentiment. I figure they get similar usage.

Also, I notice that my screen is notably brighter than the four other Z10’s I have compared it to. None of them have complained about battery life in the slightest, one even questioned what I was talking about (that was before the update). Maybe hardware differences can affect it. I dunno, I have heard various things about the battery but I have heard more good than bad, where as my own experience was pretty bad to begin with but now it is acceptable. Not good.

As for the rest of the cons, well, I hate to say it, the Z10 is brand new and there is going to be some catching up to be done in terms of apps. Please realise that all of the developer APIs have not even been released yet. Thus, basically, you listed the same con 3 times, poor apps, not enough apps, apps not playing music how you want. There is still a lot ahead.

For me at least, yeah there are cons, apps I don’t have yet, features I lost and really want, but I find the overall user experience so good with the Z10 it doesn’t bother me in the slightest. Which is something I don’t say very often.
    shads77 likes this.
    03-26-13 02:17 PM
    Hey.. we're considerate here on Crackberry. You used the device for at least 3 days, so we waited at least till page 3 .

You're really like every other thread starter of this kind though. Come here to spread crap around.. always starting out with the pros and seeming very enthusiastic, then the cons are always end of the world scenarios and always include false information. Then after a few posts they try to come off as sincere and in good faith, inquiring for help (which, of course, could you not have asked for in the OP?). Then playing the part of victim looking for pity.
    We've seen it all man... it's like a template someone created.
    If anything, you're taking advantage of members' good faith in trying to be helpful. They really do try around here these days not to assume youre
    Type is a troll and to simply say goodbye have fun elsewhere etc. When these people keep getting taken advantage of the luxury of posting this threads becomes increasingly small..

It's a cycle but in the end, this luxury is always short lived. Hope you find what you're looking for in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    It's almost like when they say "I'm done, see ya" They're expecting people to beg them to stay or cry tears for them. Honestly I don't know what the point would be otherwise. I mean obviously his mind is made up, apparently the OP is only still here to answer our "questions".
    03-26-13 02:26 PM
    I don't understand why I'm being attacked?

This is still an awesome phone and a far better OS than Android or even Windows Phone 8 (in my opinion). I simply wanted to post my experience because I could see the same thing happening to someone else attempting to migrate from iPhone to the Z10.

Truth be told, I'm excited to see this platform mature and I will almost undoubtedly buy a Q10 at launch as well.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-26-13 03:48 PM

This is still an awesome phone and a far better OS than Android or even Windows Phone 8 (in my opinion). I simply wanted to post my experience because I could see the same thing happening to someone else attempting to migrate from iPhone to the Z10.

Truth be told, I'm excited to see this platform mature and I will almost undoubtedly buy a Q10 at launch as well.
    following the template I posted after I posted it?! Who would've thought. This falls under the "Victimizing yourself" and "trying to appear sincere" sections.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 03:59 PM
    following the template I posted after I posted it?! Who would've thought. This falls under the "Victimizing yourself" and "trying to appear sincere" sections.

Posted via CB10
    Do you really think that I made these problems up just so I could make this topic?

Do you really think that I paid $600 for a phone that I won't be able to return without a $30 restocking fee so that I could nitpick at the phones' problems and complain about them on the internet?

You need to get over yourself.
    john_v and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    03-26-13 04:04 PM
    The battery life does take some time to settle in. Mine took about two weeks before the battery life was decent. I carried an external battery to get by. This is what I think killed it. Initial syncing in the background of your accounts. My phone got uncomfortably hot to use. Now it's cool to the touch. It only gets hot when I charge it using the PlayBook charger. I deleted all android ports or side loads that used data connections. That really helped cuz i think the Android ports run in the background even if they are closed.

I get at least 10 hours with moderate usage. Browsing, email and what's app or bbm.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 04:22 PM
    Do you really think that I made these problems up just so I could make this topic?

Do you really think that I paid $600 for a phone that I won't be able to return without a $30 restocking fee so that I could nitpick at the phones' problems and complain about them on the internet?

You need to get over yourself.
    I never said you bought it purposefully just to nitpick and create problems on the internet.
    Your words not mine.
    Just stating there wasn't. Much use for your OP because though you didn't ask questions or inquired, you stated your experience which is cool for users looking for perspective. Unfortunately, you've had the phone only two days and have stated false information in the OP, like not being able to listen to music with the device locked. One has to question the validity of such a post with clearly erroneous statements. For this reason your OP is useless and you fall into the template category I was speaking of, in my views anyway.
    You want to give users a useful perspective, spend more time with the device and post use, valid, and correct information. I'm all for it personally.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:08 PM
    One comment...im just like you and have a new phone every month or two I recently had a iPhone 5,nokia lumia,galaxy note 1,droid razor etc... any ways the blackberry z10 has way better battery than iPhone 5 and my opinion everything is far easier to use on the blackberry z10 as well...Don't get me wrong if I didn't have a BlackBerry I would have a iPhone.... the only thing iPhone has is simply more apps.... and from BlackBerry App World I really don't need any other apps ( yes it would be nice to have a few more) apples days are limited they brought out a great product in 07 and haven't done much since but add a few features and that's it

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 09:32 PM

Don't worry, you're not the first person to make a considered and honest post outlining why the phone is not working for you, only to be flamed by the Kook-Aid drinkers. My only gripe with your post is the bit about lack of apps. If anyone doesn't know there's a lack of apps for BB10 before buying this phone... well, what can I say. I can't believe you didn't do at least a little research before buying the phone.

Also, I'm not 100% clear on this but if it turns out you were just mistaken about the phone lock/music player issue, that will tend to generate a few flames, because, my first statement notwithstanding, there have been a ton of trollish posts by newbs who either don't understand the phone or haven't actually used one.

My objection is always to the flamers who flame people who clearly aren't trolls.
    03-26-13 09:47 PM
    I agreed on the Battery Life mentioned by OP, if u have an active mailbox which requires more internet connection, it consumes the battery really fast. I have the Z10 with the latest OS, it can last for 2-3 hours only if i keep playing games and whatsapp-ing...
    03-26-13 10:00 PM
    in reading your posts, it's obvious you are looking to find fault with your new toy and as you have stated, you go through phones quicker than I went through girlfriends when I was 20. The battery...you seem to be the only one, the plug in connector? Are you ******* serious? I think you are full of **** and just trying to stir the pot since you got bored. lame!
    03-26-13 10:02 PM
    The battery...you seem to be the only one
    Wait a minute. Are you saying he seems to be the only one having issues with battery life on the Z10?
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:06 PM
    The OP's battery experience is typical if they've only had the phone for a few days. There is the background process that is supposedly feeding your emails and account data into the the keyboard to speed up its familiarisation with you. I think that accounts for a big portion of the explaination for why many people had poor battery life initially that steadily got better (not counting how much difference the software update made). Q10 will definitely have even better battery life though so I think they'll be satisfied soon enough either way.

Posted via CB10
    edh2860 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:24 PM
    I've had the iphone 5 and had to charge twice a day

My z10 lasts easily twice as much as the iphone.

Honestly iphones are toys...the reason they see so popular is because they see very simple to use and the general public is simple minded....

But seriously OP why would you come to a blackberry site and talk about another phone being better? If I went to macrumors and said the iphone sucked get a blackberry I would get banned. If I went to android central and said the same about the galaxy then I would get bashed and banned...idk what you expected when you came here. I had the iphone (5 generations) its a child's toy. It's not meant for business use or heavy communication but rather for media use

Posted via CB10
    03-26-13 10:32 PM
    I've had over 100 phones in the past 5-6 years. I own a computer company and constantly try new gadgets whenever I can. BB10 is the best OS going hands down. I'll admit it lacks in apps but after side loading I'm only missing Starbucks. I don't game much because I have a desktop and XBOX.

Having said that the OS has been on the market for just over a month and in the US for 2 says so I don't know why anyone would expect the same app experience. It's not like iOS going from 5->6 its a whole new operating system from the ground up.

As for music download Songza

Posted via CB10
    shads77 likes this.
    03-26-13 10:40 PM
    I had the iphone (5 generations) its a child's toy. It's not meant for business use or heavy communication but rather for media use
    Well said. But let me ask you and AKeezer (and anyone else) an honest question, since you have used both phones. What would you say to those who claim that 'The Z10 is an attempt to move closer to the iPhone and they've moved a bit too far and let their business users down'? Would you come back at them and say that in your opinion, the hard-core corporate/business user still has enough Blackberry left to make the Z10 his/her go-to phone?
    03-26-13 10:52 PM
    Yes, just go with it, ok.
    03-26-13 10:56 PM
131 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD