YouTube ALWAYS requires pausing to buffer, and even then will completely stop loading the video sometimes. It's virtually unusable on the PlayBook. It's pretty bad on the pc but not unusable. Found this trick and it worked perfect for pc, now wanna try something similar on pb and z10

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comm...es_are/c91qw0l

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:16 PM
    This is a work around kinda, but I sideloaded tubemate. I download the video first onto my Z10 then play it anytime after that. Works quite well actually.
    03-25-13 09:20 PM
    That's cool except for when you're bouncing around watching videos and letting yourself go off on whatever tangent YouTube offers.

For example, I've been looking up guitar tips and also videos of covers, sometimes ill want to watch the whole thing other times ill skip to the next. Not very easy to do on a PlayBook

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:29 PM
    What if you try to block the two IPs via your router? It should then work for any device (although only when connected via your router)?

EDIT: Wow... it actually worked on my PB (watching 1080p Conan right now). I have an old Linksys WRTG54

Anyone know how to do this on a Z10 or PlayBook?-ytubecacheserverblock.jpg

YouTube ALWAYS requires pausing to buffer, and even then will completely stop loading the video sometimes. It's virtually unusable on the PlayBook. It's pretty bad on the pc but not unusable. Found this trick and it worked perfect for pc, now wanna try something similar on pb and z10

xReptar comments on You Tube becoming a big P.O.S. load times are unbearable. Is Google killing it? am I doing something wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by AnimalPak200; 03-25-13 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Tried it
    03-25-13 09:31 PM
    That's an excellent idea but the landlord provides the Internet and won't let me into the router even though every device keeps getting kicked off (even his stuff) every 20 minutes sometimes. I have to reset the router everyday almost.

When it does work, speeds are amazing, unfortunately it doesn't translate over to YouTube and since I can't access it I can't fix it

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 09:37 PM
    Can any body post the tutorial video for z10 and may be xp :P
    03-25-13 10:01 PM
    Youtube works fine on my PB.
    The trick is not to use the app. Just go straight to the website
    03-25-13 10:18 PM
    Youtube works fine on my PB.
    The trick is not to use the app. Just go straight to the website
    e

This is exactly what I do. My son loves mickeymouse clubhouse, so I saved a youtube search right into the main screen. I tap and it brings me right to the site. I've never had a problem with buffering
    03-25-13 10:41 PM