I don't care how long BlackBerry was developing it for... the bottom line is that they released a sub-standard OS that was not ready for the market. The complaints for the iPad were for the size and the actual name of the product. I don't recall ppl complaining about the device randomly rebooting.

If Apple was in fact developing the iPad as far back as 2001, good for them. That means that they had the forsight to innovate a new product 10 years ago. BlackBerry has simply been trying to play catch up. The evidence is overwhelming. BlackBerry sat on the success of their old legacy products for far too long before they were forced to go back to the R&D drawing board and come up with something new. I know for certain that they have been working on it for at least 2.5 years, which is far too long in today's competitive market. Other companies can do it faster and better. And they have.

Posted via CB10

Let's be objective. Whether you're a stickler about the past, listen. I don't think you are qualified to make such derogative calls about BlackBerry. Besides, the two CEOs had just recently stepped down and Thorsten has only just begun.

I can tell you that what their internal developers may be experiencing is 10x more than what your going through. Heck why don't you apply for a job at BlackBerry and see if you'd even qualify?

You've still not given us a solid answer as to how long BlackBerry has been working on BlackBerry 10 for that matter so how can you even do a quality comparison to what's already out for years? Let alone an equal time comparison? Afaik, BlackBerry 10 was released to the public 31st Jan of this year. How was iOS when it was first released in 2007?

Now you're saying you don't care how long BlackBerry was developing it for. Why the double standard?

Don't forget that many here share your level of frustration, but use a little more logic next time.

Posted via QNX 8.0.0 MSM8960_V3.2.1_F_R070_Rev:19 armle
    Last edited by WhiteSpir1t; 05-21-13 at 03:43 PM.
    Yann Blanes likes this.
    05-21-13 02:53 PM
    There is nothing innovative about BB10, including the hub (which doesn't even work properly).
    Posted via CB10
    First off, doesn't work properly? Go into comedy my friend.

Second, in the words of Gordon Ramsay, "You have a palette like a camel's backside." (He uses BlackBerry by the way...hope he's loving BlackBerry 10 to keep him moving...and yelling in Hell's Kitchen.)

If anyone seriously believes there is not one aspect or functionality that is at least minorly innovative about BlackBerry 10, then he or she won't be impressed until a phone is jet packing out of his/her pocket and wiping their bum for them.

Is iOS still innovating with their double tab home button, scroll through a hideous sideways list of apps, then hold again to make them wiggle to close them paradigm?

Is Droid still innovating? Well, more than iOS for sure, but they are convoluting more than anything.

~STV
    Yann Blanes likes this.
    05-21-13 05:26 PM
    I have enjoyed your rant. odd thing is my Z10 can call any number from any web site I vist, oh I only use one finger, fyi also my hand was crushed a few years ago and have good movment so if I can use one finger why do some need to use 3. also I was with Apple iphone 4 I must say thank the maker for 6 months could not wait to get back to a blackberry, oh I also gave my ipad away as hated it. so to your answer no I'm not disapointed I love my Z10 and more to the point blackberry. other makers can learn a lot from blackberry.
    05-21-13 06:24 PM
    There is just so much right with this post, but especially number 2) above. How the hell can it be called a "smartphone" if I have to have a piece of paper to write numbers down so that I can dial them later??

My dear departed Bold didn't make me do this.

But the new "state of the art" Z10 does.
    Not needed on 10.1 as you can dial the number from the browser without any problems.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 06:57 PM
204 ... 789