I'm sorry, but I am just so very disappointed with BB10. I find the OS very glitchy. I don't have sever reboot issues, but it does reboot from time to time. BlackBerry Link is just an atrocious PC interface that lacks features and functionality... much like BB10 itself.
    Speaking of features and functionality, i am still floored that the developers have still not included the ability to dial a number directly from the browser. Seriously??? How the heck did you overlook that one. That's like leaving the windshield wipers off of a new car. That alone has completely disapated any faith I had in BB and the future of the company. If such a basic feature can be overlooked, then I don't have any faith in their ability to innovate any 'bleeding edge' features to set themselves apart.
    The last part of my post will deal with support from BB themselves. Well, essentially, it's non-esistent. Getting any direct support from BlackBerry aside from using Twitter is essentially impossible. I found that Apple had an incredible support model for any device that was still under manufacturer warranty.

Posted via CB10
    mshehryar, Donvald, ihys and 8 others like this.
    05-19-13 12:22 AM
    You have to remember... the OS is new and will only get better in time (and with the updates coming). 10.1 was a big welcomed update! Mind you when other platforms were new, they lacked the capabilities of cut and paste or bluetooth being headset only for instance... it's all software, not the hardware.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed, but the feedback is good regarding your concerns, i'm sure BBRY is aware what the end user wants and they will push out the updates when they can, i guess it would be on a priority basis of what needs to be done ASAP as opposed to smaller issues. Mind you it may sound simple (they had it all well done in legacy OS, but BB10 is new and with anything new, these things are bound to happen!)
    jrdba, russworman, SDTRMG and 5 others like this.
    05-19-13 12:47 AM
    ]I switched from the iPhone 5 after 3+ years on ios, and I'm very happy, having nfc, access to my file manager, among the loads of features that come out the box, things I'd need an app for or couldn't do on my iPhone.

Z10 ain't for everybody as android and ios aren't.

You make some rude pokes at BlackBerry, and to be honest what bb10 I'd after 2 years (ios and android took 4-5 years) building it from the ground up, it's actually an amazing os. And can you really not copy a number and use it too call?have we has humans become that lazy? Lol can never understand that type of statement, when close to ten years ago browsing the Internet on a phone was horrible.

Bb10 is a young os, bbos, android,and ios(which bb10 has beat for features) took 6 years to a decade to become what they are and be feature rich. Bb10 has been out to the public less then 6 months, features will come with updates as they have been coming.

BlackBerry does not own retail stores you can walk in, apple does, BlackBerry like most companies who aren't apple have carriers deal with phone issues.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by SDTRMG; 05-19-13 at 01:02 AM.
    05-19-13 12:49 AM
    I'm sorry, but I am just so very disappointed with BB10. I find the OS very glitchy. I don't have sever reboot issues, but it does reboot from time to time. BlackBerry Link is just an atrocious PC interface that lacks features and functionality... much like BB10 itself.
    Speaking of features and functionality, i am still floored that the developers have still not included the ability to dial a number directly from the browser. Seriously??? How the heck did you overlook that one. That's like leaving the windshield wipers off of a new car. That alone has completely disapated any faith I had in BB and the future of the company. If such a basic feature can be overlooked, then I don't have any faith in their ability to innovate any 'bleeding edge' features to set themselves apart.
    The last part of my post will deal with support from BB themselves. Well, essentially, it's non-esistent. Getting any direct support from BlackBerry aside from using Twitter is essentially impossible. I found that Apple had an incredible support model for any device that was still under manufacturer warranty.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree as someone who had the 4s for about six months... it's refreshing to be able to really multi task leaving eight apps going at the same time. BlackBerry maps is far more accurate than the Apple maps. Love the wireless interface with all my Wi Fi devices including the ability to search for files and documents on my pc. Absolutely blazing fast typing with the keyboard and nice browser setup that can render full pages like a pc including flash. BlackBerry 10 can open and save any type of file, some are not accessible on ios... I'm really enjoying hub and ease of seeing I have notifications (led light) along with peek. BlackBerry 10.1 has made it even better as you can now dial from Web pages and numbers typed in Remember. Battery life is almost 12 hours with heavy use as opposed to four on my 4s.

Edit- how could I forget nfc and Story Maker...I love Story Maker
    05-19-13 12:50 AM
    The iPhone might be a better phone for you. Or test drive wp or android since your looking for a new device. But really to answer you question, no I'm not disappointed at all.

sted via CB10
    shante1012 and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-19-13 12:56 AM
    The move from any feature phone platform like iOS to a real mobile computing platform like QNX/BB10 can be quite disconcerting for some.
    I guess that's why they make nice simple phones like..... iPhone
    jrdba, SDTRMG, bilzomaniac and 9 others like this.
    05-19-13 01:05 AM
    Switched from the iphone 4. So far so good no regrets

Posted via CB10
    fedakd, piquepoc and web99 like this.
    05-19-13 01:08 AM
    iPhone 5 used to be My Primary Phone.. now there's just call and bit of gaming on it I mostly use z10 but I only wish for polished apps for z10 facebook,browser and WhatsApp needs update but a port of Google products(maps,plus,hangout) would make me switch to z10, I love z10 now and yes it doesn't die In 5hours like my iPhone 5

Posted via CB10
    mango1228 likes this.
    05-19-13 01:28 AM
    Switched from **** iPhone 4 fell in love with the z10 n 10x better battery

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:37 AM
    The move from any feature phone platform like iOS to a real mobile computing platform like QNX/BB10 can be quite disconcerting for some.
    I guess that's why they make nice simple phones like..... iPhone
    yep, simplicity sells...what you see is what you get deal! BBOS has always been an OS to which alot of the features weren't immediately apparent, in that you would discover features and tricks all the time...
    eddy_berry and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-19-13 01:43 AM
    IPhone 5 daily driver. Z10 night table bbm/cb10 use.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 01:51 AM
    Switched from **** iPhone 4 fell in love with the z10 n 10x better battery
    10x better battery on the Z10? That's an exaggeration.
    05-19-13 01:53 AM
    O.P. I have two friends and one co-worker who have been long time iphone users. All three have purchased the Z10. For the most part, they absolutely love the Z10 experience. One of them has used Apple since the inception of the iPhone. He said the Z10 is far beyond the first iPhone offering (in terms of a brand new operating system) and for that matter, also the iPhone 5. Just for fun, look up the first offerings for any new operating system and see how they have grown and improved over time. Start with Windows.

Posted via CB10
    jrdba, bbfan1040 and kanna87 like this.
    05-19-13 02:11 AM
    Love the whole concept of BB10... But really can't speak cause I did'n owe a BB10 device yet... But I have to admit that BB Link really sucks
    05-19-13 02:12 AM
    10x better battery on the Z10? That's an exaggeration.
    My z10 last slightly longer then my iPhone 5 did, and I took the same measures on my z10 as I did with ios, lte off, blue tooth off, brightness down etc. I get 10-14hours on my z10 mid-heavy usage, ip5 was about 8-12.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 02:38 AM
    Well, this could be a problem on iOS. On BB10 you have multi-tasking: just select the number in browser, copy it, minimize the browser, open the phone app and paste the number. A catastrophic problem, indeed...
    lil_g likes this.
    05-19-13 02:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are kidding, right? Anything is better than iTunes. I simply can't stand closed approach of iOS, everything is proprietary. Here is a question for you. If you want to install something on iPhone without going through the Apple app store, can you do it? From what I see, Apple strictly controls how you interact with iPhone. While it keeps things simple for people who don't know much and don't care to explore, it's very limiting for people who want to exercise theie creativity and freedom. So, in short, Z10 is thousand times better than iPhone.
    dsaynt likes this.
    05-19-13 03:42 AM
    Love the whole concept of BB10... But really can't speak cause I did'n owe a BB10 device yet... But I have to admit that BB Link really sucks
    You DO NOT have a BB10 device yet you are able to comment that BB Links ducks, how were you able to arrive at that conclusion?

What device did you connect to the BB link to check it's features or functionality?

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 03:59 AM
    While a lot of things can be argued, and I think BB10 is a fantastic take on a mobile OS, it's going to be very very very hard for anyone to compete with Apple's level of customer service.
    With the stores they've got, the rep they've built, and the standard of after sales service, they're the Costco of the mobile phone world.
    And everyone loves Costco.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    05-19-13 04:12 AM
    It's hard to be dis appointed coming from ios

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:13 AM
    Sorry fella, clicking a phone number in the browser pops up a confirmation dialog asking if I want to dial. So it works fine on my Z10. You're doing it wrong.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:18 AM
    Coming over from the iPhone 3, 4 & 5 which I had been useing for the last three years, I find the z10 a refreshing change for the stale IOS.

I like the BlackBerry Hub, swipe and gesturing concepts and the z10 has grown on me. It took about a couple of weeks of being my daily driver to see where the BlackBerry OS really shines.

My only issue so far is the warranty issue with BlackBerry pushing it off on the carrier. This is feel is a bunch of BS and they as a company should be directly involved with any warranty issues.

I have the made the transition from The iPhone to the BlackBerry platform and I am here to stay. It's does **** me off that here we the USA consumer sit and and wait for 10.1 while the rest of the world is updating their devices.

Come on and we are supposed to be the largest market in the world? Makes me wonder??

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and bbfan1040 like this.
    05-19-13 04:22 AM
    First ever post but feel the need to correct the first statement. You can dial directly from the browser. At least in the official OS 10.1.
    Is anyone else who migrated to BB10 from iOS disapointed?-img_00000180.png

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    1. It is a brand new OS.
    2. This brand new OS interface and core use functioning is a little different from how the competitors does things.
    3. Have patient, use the first weekend as a Z10/Q10 owner to just play with your device. You will benefit from it.
    4. Use this link to seek if there is a trick that can help you with your problem.
    5. If not. Ask us, and be polite. We are grown ups, remember? The english expression (which has no equivalent in norwegian) is please. It was just like BB10 created for a reason.
    6. We are up for a very exciting year since we took our chances and bought a BB10 device, if you do not want to take the ride with us is that ok with me, just sell your Z10 and act like a grown up. These devices is not for all of us. Just like the iPhone and HTC one is not for all. No hard feelings.
    7. Sorry for my miserable english and have yourself a very nice evening.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    05-19-13 04:38 AM
    First ever post but feel the need to correct the first statement. You can dial directly from the browser. At least in the official OS 10.1.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000180.png 
Views:	2649 
Size:	160.5 KB 
ID:	163180

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to Crackberry

Posted via CB10
    05-19-13 04:42 AM
204 123 ...