Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anyone else struggling a bit with this swipe navigation item with BBM?

I am loving the swipe model and its generally amazingly well done......but one area I keep stumbling on is the quick hit BBM conversation entry and exit. Only me?

I used my back button heavily on the 9900 but on the Z once I finish looking at a bbm conversation I fumble around backing out. The back button that I am naturally inclined to use use is covered by the keyboard,....so I sometimes tap the conversation so the keyboard goes away..then back button....but that's a lot of poking. Then I discovered that a left to right wipe would close the conversation but that can't be on the keyboard area or you type a character and swipe doesn't happen so you have to thumb reach to the conversation area. Then you are back to the chats view and if you swipe again same then you are in bbm navigation. The up swipe will close all but then you still have to x the thing to close it. If you leave it open but minimized it is still in the last conversation rather than the chats view and this behaves differently if you are in the hub vs via bbm icon. Lots of different behavior compared to the prior forward and back using the hard buttons.

Anyone else struggle?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

I hold the space bar for a moment to close the keyboard then use the back button. I found if I swipe the keyboard to close I sometimes send random characters in bbm

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    I hold the space bar for a moment to close the keyboard then use the back button. I found if I swipe the keyboard to close I sometimes send random characters in bbm

Posted via CB10
    I did that move for a while but it is too long a pause when you could do it instantly with hard buttons.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    703 Global Posts
    PIN
    SILENCE !!!!!

To long to wait?

Posted via CB10
    Sent from my AWESOME Z30 on 10.2.1.2102
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes I hear you. It would be really nice if the keyboard did not automatically open when going into a chat for this exact reason, or move the "back" option to the top. I found pushing and holding the sapce bar the best way to lower the keyboard but sometimes if you do it before the keyboard pops up it only registers keyup which does a space and send the "is writing a message..." to the person on the other side.

My biggest peeve with the flow is incorrect gestures to get between apps. If you go into a txt or bbm conversation through the hub, next time you visit hub you're in that conversation. You want to quickly peek at your notifications? forget it. First you have to go into your last chat, close out of that chat, then you can get to the other hub options. If your in a hub conversation you swipe left to get out, if your in a bbm conversation swiping left doesn't do anything, you have to swipe up.

It would be nice is hub always just launched BBM app and took you there instead of loading the conversation within.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

holding the space bar and pausing long enough to minimize the keyboard to then get at another button. Just enough pause required to be annoying.

tiny issue....just something I find a bit of an issue. This is coming from a mid 40's brain with synapses grooved by 12 years of blackberry habits!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    7,005 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cwoodffr View Post
    holding the space bar and pausing long enough to minimize the keyboard to then get at another button. Just enough pause required to be annoying.

tiny issue....just something I find a bit of an issue. This is coming from a mid 40's brain with synapses grooved by 12 years of blackberry habits!
    swipe the keyboard down using 2 fingers.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.1.1151 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3442
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Zizzzzy View Post
    Yes I hear you. It would be really nice if the keyboard did not automatically open when going into a chat for this exact reason, or move the "back" option to the top. I found pushing and holding the sapce bar the best way to lower the keyboard but sometimes if you do it before the keyboard pops up it only registers keyup which does a space and send the "is writing a message..." to the person on the other side.

My biggest peeve with the flow is incorrect gestures to get between apps. If you go into a txt or bbm conversation through the hub, next time you visit hub you're in that conversation. You want to quickly peek at your notifications? forget it. First you have to go into your last chat, close out of that chat, then you can get to the other hub options. If your in a hub conversation you swipe left to get out, if your in a bbm conversation swiping left doesn't do anything, you have to swipe up.

It would be nice is hub always just launched BBM app and took you there instead of loading the conversation within.
    yes...you are with me on this. Exactly my point....just enough variation to confuse. First world problem.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo78 View Post
    swipe the keyboard down using 2 fingers.
    try that one handed :-)
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts

I just swipe across on the chats

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Genius

I just swipe from the left or the right... Its much faster

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    447 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else struggling a bit with this swipe navigation item with BBM?

Hold and swipe the back button, but getting to it I agree was a pain. I even used that as my learning curve example to a friend on a different forum. "we doing it wrong"