They apparently changed some messaging structure from 10 to 10.2. Unfortunately in one of the versions in between there was a bug which corrupted a bit of data and that's taking the speed of messages. Double contact problem is a skype issue, and apparently fixed in latest leaks.

To fix messaging problem just delete all messages. All of them. That did the trick for me, and I haven't had a problem since
    12-29-13 03:22 PM
    It's literally gone from a phone I loved, to one I have to restrain myself from throwing across the room.

Since the update to 10.2.0.429, problems with my phone have increased to the point where it is barely useable. The phone creates anywhere from 3-7 multiples of most contacts no matter how many times I delete them.

Then there's the issue of the text conversations. Yes I am having the problem I've heard of where the conversation gets stuck, taking 3 and 4 minutes to come up or not at all when you click too fast and start typing before the text box comes up. But it's gone from only doing it once in a while, to doing it every two minutes. Every time it does it I have to go into application manager and end text messages, then go back into it and wait another 3-4 minutes.

Is anybody else at their whit's end? Anybody found a solution?

Posted via CB10
    I can send you my address and when you are throwing it away I will gladly pay overnight shipping
    12-29-13 03:37 PM
    I don't know about unusable but it's certainly very annoying. If I could afford another phone (iPhone or Android) I'd already have one. I'm not into loading leaks or spending hours constantly re engineering my phone's OS. I just want it to do what's on the tin. It clearly doesn't. Contacts is a basic function. Email and texting are basic functions. Spell check is a basic function. It can't copy a URL from a web page but it can Cut or Share. My X10 fails each one of these tasks. They are buggy.

My Z10 certainly has some attractive features like the camera, but on the whole, I dislike it more and more and the fact that updates or fixes come at a snails pace (no matter whoever's to blame) is really annoying. I happen to be a US T-Mobile customer.

Here are just a couple of the common annoyances I experience.

Attachment 234292

Attachment 234294

Attachment 234296

Attachment 234300

Attachment 234308
    Have you tried reloading the OS? You can do it through Link. Seems like your OS may have become corrupt somehow. I suspect reloading it will fix your troubles.

From the mighty Z10!
    Elite1 likes this.
    12-29-13 04:38 PM
    This isn't an emotional discussion I don't believe. We own Blackberry's and paid a lot of money and would LOVE to have our products work. If you don't like our comments, I would encourage you to consider following your own advice.

Why don't you check out the Android and Iphone forums, don't see or read topics about users returning there phones or throwing them away!

We seem to be the best self destructive forum around, if we can't get behind our own products, then how do we expect non BB users to make the switch?

I am running official 10.2 from T-Mobile and dont have any issues, don't like leaks and those that do should prepared for complications if something goes wrong.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:44 PM
    I'm so sorry to hear about all the major problems you are experiencing with your phone, but I'm glad you found a solution to your problems: buy an Android. Well, if this works for you, I'm happy. Perhaps BlackBerry never was right for you from the beginning and its best you leave this behind as quick as possible.

Z10 goodness
    Trueee its just pain in head..aplications have to buy em.aplicationes cant b instaled..sideload workiing slow an heavy ..no native programs..even the os falls most of time ...from leake to another..good mobile yes it is..but not for me..its just givin me headeck..pull batery..hard reset..why all this..uffff

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 04:52 PM
    Why i have to save contacts and wipe and install leaks and bla bla bla..i get Android and leave truobles

Posted via CB10
    That's right. Blah Blah Blah. Good riddance.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 05:39 PM
    Have to love these idiotic threads. I hate my phone, it sucks blah blah. Why do we care don't like the phone get something else. No one cares you don't like it.

If you're to lazy to listen how to fix it in 10 minutes. Go to ios or android and good riddance.

Some users are only kiss end users.
    Mic_JP likes this.
    12-29-13 05:49 PM
    I'm not having the problems that you are referring to. For me, 10.2.0.429 has been an improvement over the 10.0 Z10s that I had near launch. I returned all of those for various issues. I haven't had any rebooting with the Z10 that I got a couple of weeks ago, so things are better now.

The only thing that I'm noticing so far is that the battery doesn't completely charge after being on the charger for several hours. I topped out at 96% today which is OK, but I'm concerned that this will continue to get worse over time. If I lose 4% in two weeks, it will be totally useless in less than one year.
    12-29-13 05:51 PM
    It's literally gone from a phone I loved, to one I have to restrain myself from throwing across the room.

Since the update to 10.2.0.429, problems with my phone have increased to the point where it is barely useable. The phone creates anywhere from 3-7 multiples of most contacts no matter how many times I delete them.

Then there's the issue of the text conversations. Yes I am having the problem I've heard of where the conversation gets stuck, taking 3 and 4 minutes to come up or not at all when you click too fast and start typing before the text box comes up. But it's gone from only doing it once in a while, to doing it every two minutes. Every time it does it I have to go into application manager and end text messages, then go back into it and wait another 3-4 minutes.

Is anybody else at their whit's end? Anybody found a solution?

Posted via CB10
    As with most people in your situation..... you blame everything that goes wrong with your device on something other than yourself.
    there are thousands of Z10 owners that use the same software as you. have upgraded with the exact same Leaks as you and couldn't be happier with their device.
    So, let's get something straight. YOU messed up your devise, because it's not the software.

I have a Z10 and have uploaded EVERY SINGLE leak offered and have NEVER had any problems...Not One!!
    Maybe you're just ready for a BlackBerry because you could avoid every problem that you mentioned if you took the time to READ, before jumping into things.

I'm at MY whit's end with whiners like you!
    Mic_JP likes this.
    12-29-13 05:58 PM
    The only thing I could ask for is better battery life. Wish they stuck a battery of at least 2100 mAH in there. Other than that this phone keeps getting better with every update.
    1000% in agreement.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-13 06:46 PM
    Under review.
    Carmels, Mic_JP and pipesthyr like this.
    12-29-13 06:47 PM
61 123