Ok, so I get this email telling me a Z10 is being shipped to me. The cost is $599.99 and I have been discounted $599.99 and owe nothing.
    So I think, "WOW! With all the contests I entered I guess I won one!"
    So I begin to look for an email telling me I have won one to no avail.
    Now I have a text that has come across my phone telling me the following:
    App Issue Identified with BlackBerry Z10. Please cal 800-***-****. A new device has been shipped to you via FedEx.
    Anyone else experiencing this and what does it mean?
    What is this "app issue"?
    Thanks!
    Alain_A likes this.
    04-05-13 04:45 PM
    I would assume if they ask for any information to complete the transaction it is most likely a scam. Sounds fishy to me.

Posted via CB10
    RazzBerry and John Pawling like this.
    04-05-13 05:23 PM
    Ok, so I should not have to reply to the text then. I should just wait and see if FedEx shows up with the phone and then see if carrier contacts me for anything. Agreed?
    I can't figure out why they would want the phone back for Apps Issues. What kind of Apps Issues causes a whole phone to need to be returned?
    04-05-13 05:38 PM
    It's a scam do not reply

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-05-13 05:41 PM
    Very few people know I have the Z10 and even less have my number, am I to think someone at the carrier is trying to scam me?
    04-05-13 05:51 PM
    **UPDATE**
    I am sitting here with 2 BlackBerry Z10's. FedEx delivered the new one this morning.
    So anyone know what the heck is going on?
    04-06-13 09:14 AM
    Have you put the phone number they gave you into Google to see what it comes up with?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 09:16 AM
    **UPDATE**
    I am sitting here with 2 BlackBerry Z10's. FedEx delivered the new one this morning.
    So anyone know what the heck is going on?
    That's EPIC! I guess wait and see if you get another one lol.
    RazzBerry likes this.
    04-06-13 09:17 AM
    What did your carrier say when you called them? Hard to think they would not be aware of any replace process being initiated directly the manufacture.
    04-06-13 09:17 AM
    Was the text message from your carrier? You can tell if it's from carrier or an outside number. Also, I'd just call customer support and ask. You already signed for the phone, correct? They know it's in your possession, and if you don't return the "Defective" unit, they'll usually charge you. I get the same messages if I call in to have a warranty claim on a phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 09:19 AM
    Have you put the phone number they gave you into Google to see what it comes up with?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, and only one search returned anything and that said mt carrier name.
    04-06-13 09:26 AM
    Was the text message from your carrier? You can tell if it's from carrier or an outside number. Also, I'd just call customer support and ask. You already signed for the phone, correct? They know it's in your possession, and if you don't return the "Defective" unit, they'll usually charge you. I get the same messages if I call in to have a warranty claim on a phone.

Posted via CB10
    I understand all this but ny "old" phone works relatively well and I am pleased and don't understand the whole thing and I am reluctant to set up a new phone yet I don't want to keep using the old phone if there really is an issue. I'm tired of setting up the phone and hate to have to do it yet again!
    I tried to call the 800 number from my home phone and it said they were closed. I didn't leave a number but I did then sign into my account and there were no notifications on it. Shouldn't there be.
    I'm lost on this one!
    04-06-13 09:28 AM
    Who is your carrier?
    04-06-13 09:29 AM
    call your carrier to see if they really sent you a new phone and the reason why? don't send back the one you have if it's working good. something is not right here..there is a mistake somewhere..smell scam
    04-06-13 10:05 AM
    call your carrier to see if they really sent you a new phone and the reason why? don't send back the one you have if it's working good. something is not right here..there is a mistake somewhere..smell scam
    When I asked FedEx who it was from, he said my carrier name.
    As an update, I have looked at the paperwork carefully and the only difference I see is the SIM cards. New one is G&D sim old one is a GEM sim.
    So does this strike a note with anyone?
    And I just found an interesting thread regarding the SIM cards as follows:
    Also, for all of those having trouble getting their hands on the new card:
    I checked the shipping receipt that came with the new card and it looks like it might have some information that might help you guys explain to Verizon support exactly what you need.
    The Item Description is "GEM NFC DFILL SIM" and the Item SKU is "DFILLSIM-NFC-A"

Hopefully that will help you guys track down the exact part you need to get Google Wallet working!
    04-06-13 10:14 AM
    is your first z10 work fine?
    04-06-13 10:29 AM
    Some help here? Anyone? This is driving me crazy! LOL!
    I can't understand if the SIM card is the only diff why they didn't just mail out a new SIM card.
    04-06-13 10:30 AM
    is your first z10 work fine?
    Adress book is a little off but other than that ~ yes, old device works fine for me.
    04-06-13 10:30 AM
    ". New one is G&D sim old one is a GEM sim "

I don't know the difference between the 2 sim card

"I can't understand if the SIM card is the only diff why they didn't just mail out a new SIM card. "

exactly, so there must be more to it...Maybe you got a phone that was not supposed to be sold to you.

check the model number of both phone
    04-06-13 10:41 AM
    Ok, so I checked the model numbers and both are the same.
    While trying to research this I have discovered something else and I wonder everyone's thoughts on my hypothesis.
    I discovered the my "old" phone is unlocked
    Anyone with thoughts on maybe if this is the reason they want the old on back so badly?
    Can't tell if new one is locked unless I set it up I think, any one know for sure?
    04-06-13 10:46 AM
    I am assuming you are on an American carrier and have had the phone a bit prior to release to the general public. It may be as simple as they say, there is a hardware problem and want to give you a new phone before the problem happens, such as with a new OS release.
    04-06-13 10:51 AM
    it could be it. if it is really coming from your provider. but on the other hand a provider can re-block a phone
    04-06-13 10:53 AM
    I am assuming you are on an American carrier and have had the phone a bit prior to release to the general public. It may be as simple as they say, there is a hardware problem and want to give you a new phone before the problem happens, such as with a new OS release.
    if the one she got was after the release would it matters. I would say she is in luck to have an unlock Z10
    04-06-13 10:56 AM
    I don't understand why you have not called or visit one of your carrier's locations directly yet. If this is not a scam they should be a to let you know what is going on just by pulling you number on their system.

Too fishy. What is your carrier by the way? Two pages and we still don't know which one is it.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:01 AM
    Sorry about the delayed response, this page keeps dying on me!
    I did not get the phone before the general public and yes, I am in America.
    They are not saying it's a hardware problem, the email says it's an "Apps Issue"
    I'm thinking maybe I will set up the new one and then check to see if SIM is locked. If it is, then that explains why they are doing all this, if not, then I am still lost.
    I'll report back if anyone is interested.
    04-06-13 11:17 AM
47 12