I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    For a business device I am very disappointed in the following
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Battery life: Very poor for power users.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    05-08-13 09:33 AM
    No. No. And No.
    HerfDurf, R Field, Fnen90 and 3 others like this.
    05-08-13 09:38 AM
    Welcome to the world of modern smartphones.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-08-13 09:39 AM
    Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.

No way to Auto Reply to texts: I assume that many Z10 users like me are very mobile, why in this day and age with awareness about the safety issues of texting and driving would they not have a simple auto reply ability?
    Thanks
    This is hilareous. You were writing this as I was writing THIS... read my post.... lol.....
    ilikebacon, Donvald and richardat like this.
    05-08-13 09:39 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:40 AM
    I am just wondering if anyone is as disapointed in their Z10 as I am? I have had mine for almost 2 months now. I have been a faithful BB addict for years now having had Curves and Bolds. I am a business user and rely on my BB for constant contact for business as well as personal.
    Lack of Speed Dial Buttons! Seriously 9? for Business? I dont get that. I down loaded a speed dial app and that requires almost as many gestures as just dialing the number. Voice dialing can be very frustrating as it is slow and inaccurate if you have alot of contacts with similar names.
    Email: The lack of ability to change the size of type on incoming emails. I recieve alot of emails during the day and cant read most of them because they type is too small. (pinch is separate is not an option with lengthy emails) The fact that you cant control the size of the type is ridiculous.
    Device constantly rebooting: No one seems to know how to cure this one but it reboots all day long
    I think these are major issues for business users. All I have read is glowing reviews on how wonderful the Z10 is and how much better than the iphone it is but I don't know, as much as I said I would never ever use those other devices, I am getting tempted.
    Does anyone else have these issues? Did everyone else drink the cool aid? Sure it is nice to have an 8 mp camera but who cares for business. My Bold had a crappy camera but it could do all of the above and more. Am I missing something are there solutions to these problems that I have not found yet?
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.
    I do not agree, but anyhow, welcome.
    litig8or98 likes this.
    05-08-13 09:41 AM
    If you get HTML emails there is no Auto resize - blame whoever send you html.
    If the default typeset is too small just I create it (which will increase it everywhere).

Quick dial: I suppose they think it is easier to search for a cobtact, BUT I understand where you are coming from. Query BlackBerry about it?

Auto response to text mesaages? Why does one need that? What's next, auto respond to voice calls, emails? A text message can wait just as well as an email.

Posted via CB10
    vdubwhat likes this.
    05-08-13 09:45 AM
    This is hilareous. You were writing this as I was writing THIS... read my post.... lol.....
    Off topic but your sig is huge and I think CB limits you to 3 or 4 lines. Don't be surprised if you get a PM about it.
    nathan3d likes this.
    05-08-13 09:46 AM
    I have speed dial natively on my Z10 so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:46 AM
    Very happy with mine, absolutely love my new Z10 and the new blackberry 10, yes there are some glitches but updates keep on coming same as any other platform. As far as I'm concerned this is an amazing new platform and looking forward to what's coming next.
    Dan Donahue#WN and vdubwhat like this.
    05-08-13 09:47 AM
    I have none of these issues. So no im not disappointed with my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:49 AM
    I find it amazing when folks who actually bring up VERY ligitimate issues and post them here, that flippant answers come back. Now, it is possible that SOME folks, like me and the op apparently, actually buy devices to boost their productivity, rather than watch movies and play games --- also important to many--- I get that.

Let's not forget, BB got its stripes pushing and excelling with the business productivity benefits. The other stuff is good and wanted as well, but IMHO NOT at the cost of the legacy functionality that many of us came to love and depend on.

SO for the OP: Do I like the Z10, yes? AM I dissappointed in several aspects of it? YES. Basically the detriment of what I thought was core, legacy, functionality.
    05-08-13 09:49 AM
    Thanks
    Nope, I have none of these problems. I'm quite pleased and getting excited for 10.1
    carlosdaroo likes this.
    05-08-13 09:50 AM
    I find it amazing when folks who actually bring up VERY ligitimate issues and post them here, that flippant answers come back. Now, it is possible that SOME folks, like me and the op apparently, actually buy devices to boost their productivity, rather than watch movies and play games --- also important to many--- I get that.

Let's not forget, BB got its stripes pushing and excelling with the business productivity benefits. The other stuff is good and wanted as well, but IMHO NOT at the cost of the legacy functionality that many of us came to love and depend on.

SO for the OP: Do I like the Z10, yes? AM I dissappointed in several aspects of it? YES. Basically the detriment of what I thought was core, legacy, functionality.
    Agree with a bunch of what you are saying. I love my z10 but I am frustrated that they seemed to take away a bunch of productivity features that I used in all previous blackberries.
    ihys, husnain1 and 2cats1dog like this.
    05-08-13 09:55 AM
    @grumpy I came from an iphone device and it's a leap forward, I wouldn't know how legacy devices were like. I was never a physical keyboard fan unless it's a full length one which isn't mobile.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:56 AM
    What features from legacy are missing?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 09:57 AM
    Perhaps 10.1 will ease some of your frustrations. Instant action sounds like it could help with productivity for you. As for the text consistency issues...

The optimized BlackBerry Hub

"BlackBerry gave the hub an overhaul in BlackBerry OS 10.1. The hub now has more consistent text sizes and the menus are smaller to better take advantage of screen real estate. I really like how BlackBerry has added the keyboard shortcuts to menu items to teach newcomers. They also added some cool features like the ability to open up an email that has an attached email. They also added pin to pin messaging and the ability to select which email you want to use in the compose screen."

BlackBerry OS 10.1 Release Review Update (BlackBerry Q10) - BerryReview
    Kyle Andrei likes this.
    Nope I love it.

Posted via CB10
    I understand your comments. BBerry is theoretically a business device first. Give then a chance. They're trying to survive in a world where the best selling phones are toys, not tools. I have not tried but use your favorites list as a sort-of speed dial for more than 9?

Also, coming from Android, I had to pile-on apps to get the phone working sort-of as I wanted.
    93Aero, Robert Koong and pvpjohn like this.
    05-08-13 09:59 AM
    What features from legacy are missing?

Posted via CB10

I would like to see different fonts! otherwise, I'm happy
    05-08-13 10:02 AM
    Yes I am!
    Taking back my z10 back to the store to hopefully have the reboot fixed.
    I wish it was more like the s4.. sigh
    05-08-13 10:02 AM
    My question to the OP is this: if you were happy with your Bold and the crappy camera that it had, why would you be tempted to switch to an iPhone or Android? Why not just return/sell your Z10 and go back to your Bold?

And no, I am not disappointed in my Z10 so far. I don't have the rebooting issue that you have mentioned, many people don't but some do, so I won't say it doesn't exist. As for the font size in your email, Settings > Display > Font Size > (select any size from 5 right up to 18). The other issues you are experiencing are issues to you and not me. I know there was an app on my 9900 that would do voice control, quite well for me anyways, and it also had an auto response to messages. Drive safe.ly was one and I can't remember the name of the other one, but it was part of a free promo and had 3 different pay/subscription levels that included $19.99 and $69.99 (I think), not sure if they've made they way over to BB10 or if they plan to. Have you looked into Say It for BB10 to see if its any better for your needs?

Edit: SafeTexting AR+ for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World seems to accomplish what you're looking for in auto reply to messages. It claims to use GPS to reduce distracted driving and kicks in when you reach speeds above 10 mph, not sure if this is changeable. Its available for 99cents and may be worth the investment.
    05-08-13 10:04 AM
    Everyone is 110% happy with their Z10 here right?........

Nope, I went back to my 9900 for now....
    Lack of only 29 days of email, 2 way sync with MS outlook....just didn't work for me...
    But its perfect to everyone else......of course its the best phone....well the best phone for Blackberry to date?
    Something must be wrong with users that don't want to use cloud services?
    Bondte, Harley Kid and Rooster99 like this.
    05-08-13 10:09 AM
    No

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:10 AM
    The thing is as a business user these options allow you to be much more efficient..

Posted via CB10
    05-08-13 10:11 AM
352 123 ...