Thinking of selling my note 2 and get the Z10. Anyone with this same experience?
    Hope that I ca side load some android apps that I've been using daily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    03-07-13 02:01 AM
    My Note 2 is on eBay. That'll let you know what I think.
    KoukiFC3S and R Field like this.
    03-07-13 02:20 AM
    Me! I am using Z10 as primary phone while Nokia Pureview 808 as secondary as I had 2 lines.
    No regrets, don't think I will look back at Androids so soon.
    dietertong likes this.
    03-07-13 02:23 AM
    Had a note 2 and sold it after one week with the Z10. If you don't use the stylus there is no reason to stay with the Note 2 hardware wise. Display of the Z10 is significantly better.

For the software you know the limits for now. This is no secret and depends on personal needs. I never looked back. I have everything I need.
    03-07-13 02:44 AM
    Had an note 2 as well sold it to fund my z10 and I love
    My zed10 apps for me is the big thing but I wanted to try something new and I'm quite happy waiting for the apps to come that I need, great bit of kit and don't regret it at all prefer the screen size as well. If you feel you can wait for the apps that you use take the jump but if you cant hold on for a while I would imagine that most of them will be released when the phone is in the us.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 03:12 AM
    Me !!!bought it yesterday

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 03:57 AM
    Thanks everyone.
    Sounds like I'll follow your footsteps when the z10 is available on att.

I think selling the note 2 and buy a new z10 under contract will spare some extra $ for accessories. Win-win

Side note: I have two PlayBooks (32gb and 64gb) both have cracked screens. Is there a way to fix them for cheap so I can bridge with the z10?

R Field likes this.
    03-07-13 10:50 AM
    Some folks complain about the lack of apps on BB10, but I often have to ask the question: just how many apps do you use daily? Even weekly? I have about 25 apps I use regularly, some daily and some weekly, and most of the ones I want are already on BB10, with the exception of Skype and possibly Netflix. I would use Netflix more often if I had it on my Z10, but I'm certainly not strapped for apps.
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    03-07-13 10:56 AM
    I am glad someone asked this question. I'm curious to see what people that liked the Note 2 think of the Z10. I have the Note 2 now and it is by far the best phone I have had since leaving BB a couple years ago and I have tried a lot of phones. BB was my first smartphone and after all those years of using it I would love to go back. I hope more people share their experience here. I'm waiting for Verizon to release the Z10 and I will certainly give it a try and see if I like it. Lots of good things being said so far.
    03-07-13 11:30 AM
    Have a Note as a backup/spare device. I still use it (in the event i'm going somewhere i don't want to take my Z10 --> so incase the note gets damaged, i wouldn't mind).
    03-07-13 11:40 AM
    Thinking of selling my note 2 and get the Z10. Anyone with this same experience?
    Hope that I ca side load some android apps that I've been using daily.

I came from an iPhone 4S so can't tell you about going from a Note 2. However, your question on sideloading Android Apps. Obviously there are ported Android apps already on Blackberry and you can check out Blackberry World and see if they're already there:

BlackBerry World - Free BlackBerry Apps - Official Store

At the top of the page, select your device (Z10) and location. Also, you can 'sideload' Android apps, if they are available and have been converted from an .apk to a .bar file. Goodereader seems to have the largest selection of sideloaded apps. As these are not official Blackberry ports, your mileage may vary. Some work flawlessly, others don't.

Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps

Good luck. If you decide to switch I hope you enjoy the Z10, I know I do!
    03-07-13 02:25 PM
    I also came from a Note 2x I backed app most the apks myself and used the one line bar file conversion tool to convert all the app I could. The majority of them converted but some were locked like games and banking apps. But so far so good...with whatsapp coming next week and Skype either this month or next things are looking favourable.

I'm sure when the other app developers ser these big guys bring their apps over they'll too bring there's.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 02:32 PM
    I came from a Note ll. I missed the screen real estate for a few days. I think I still do. I really like Samsung a lot. I will never knock Samsung. The Z10 is a good device for me, regardless of the small size. Let's face it folks, in this day and age, it probably should have had a 4.6 or 4.8 screen. I mean starting over, start big. It makes me believe that the next iteration will come with a big screen. Hey, this is 2013. Am I sorry I switched? No, not really. I can go back in a heartbeat. I have a factory unlocked Z10. I only use unlocked devices. I won't play the carrier games. I'll stick with this, at least until the novelty wears off.
    03-07-13 02:35 PM
    From December of last year, I have gone from my 2 year old Bold 9900 to a Lumia 920 in January, a Nexus 4 most of Feb, and a week with the Note 2 just until March 2 when I finally got my Z10. I have no regrets. I sold them all to fund this and although it may not yet be 100% as stable as the rest in terms of OS stability and app availability (minor bugs are always fixable in updates etc) I was able to side load most of the apps I use everyday anyway with just the exception of banking and PayPal which I solved by using a 99c web shortcut icon creator similar to the iconify app I was using in my Bold for Paypal and banking so I'll be fine. The biggest surprise for me is how I ended up liking the hardware design...nothing fancy, no slippery parts (big deal for me). I was also pleasantly surprised that the camera performs well despite having been reviewed badly in some articles (Lumia 920 is still the best but Z10 is better than the Nexus 4 camera in real life use, didn't get to use the Note 2 camera much to compare but I'd say very close if you know how to operate the z10 cam properly like focusing on dark areas in low light etc) Overall I'm happy I sold all those phones to fund this. I have been a BB user since 2007 and it's a curse. I have had moments of weaknesses where I try to leave BB and switch to another platform but always find myself coming back within a week or so. I hope BB10 settles down soon...I'm really happy so far. Once the native whatsapp comes out i can get rid of my android port and be completely content...Skype will be a good bonus too but I've lived without it for so long in my last BBs that it's not as big of a deal anymore for me
    03-07-13 03:05 PM
    I came from a Note 2 as well. I miss some of the apps but not enough to go back.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 04:04 PM
    I still have my Note 2 as well as the Z10 (and a Lumia 920, but I'll only speak about the former two devices).

Both devices are great. I still couldn't choose one over the other if asked to do so. Each has strengths and weaknesses, and it's fun playing with different operating systems.

As for the Note 2, I love the large display, and some apps that I use regularly (eg. for PDF annotating, signing documents, reference and Rdio for music streaming) aren't, yet, available for the Z10. I think the Note 2's display is still one of the best I've used -- love it. Android has had more time in the oven than has BB10, so there are a lot of little things that work in the former and not the latter (at present) but BB10 will improve. A couple of examples include being able to click on a phone number on a web page to dial it, or being able to paste a phone number into the phone dialer. These should be quick fixes in future BB10 updates. If you don't have GPS in your car then the combination of Note2 + car mount + Google Maps is a perfect solution, and the display is large enough to see without any issue.

The Z10 is fun to use because of its size and BB10. I like the BB10 gestures, even though I've set up the Note 2 to use gestures as well. Some of the gaps (eg. no Rdio app) have liveable workarounds (eg. Rdio website). While the size of the Note 2 is nice because of ease-of reading and viewing, the size of the Z10 is nice for portability and handling (one or two-handed). Additionally, the Z10 actually broadcasts my email & text messages to my car when I'm driving, whereas the Note 2 only broadcasts text messages (easily remedied with an app, though).

Each has little and big advantages and disadvantages. The fact that I won't give up either of them tells you how good a job BBRY has done with this new phone. If I had sold my Note 2 to buy the Z10 I wouldn't feel like I was missing something essential and needed to go back to the Note 2.
    Last edited by zc1; 03-08-13 at 07:48 PM.
    03-08-13 06:04 PM
    I did, traded/sold and now waiting for z10 to arrive
    03-08-13 06:07 PM
    The great thing about the Z10 not needing a specific BIS/BES plan means you can keep your Note 2/HTC One/Iphone and swap the sim in and out to suit your mood for the day.
    03-08-13 06:27 PM
    My note 2 is in the drawer !! but lets be fair, N2 is good phone , I am just a BB fan since long time and Z10 restored BB superiority among jealous competitors
    03-08-13 07:40 PM
    I just sold my note 2 for the z10 and I am in the fence about going back. I've been a hardcore android user for quite awhile now and I'm really missing the sensitivity and fluidity of Jellybean. I get a lot of missed touches with the z10 and everything about it seems slow. Tinkering with the settings is also slow as compared to the note 2 which literally responds instantaneously to touch. I also don't get the browser, it's being touted as one of the best right now but scrolling is slow, unresponsive and black spots appear for a few microseconds whenever you scroll through a big website as if it's reloading. Performance of the z10 is comparable to ice cream sandwich or gingerbread (pre jelly bean). I'm Running .90 OS, am I the only one with these issues?

The hub is something else though, I really like it and I do get more things done that way.
    04-08-13 08:57 AM
    I traded my Verizon Note 2 for a brand new Z10. Best decision ever.

I just sold my note 2 for the z10 and I am in the fence about going back. I've been a hardcore android user for quite awhile now and I'm really missing the sensitivity and fluidity of Jellybean. I get a lot of missed touches with the z10 and everything about it seems slow. Tinkering with the settings is also slow as compared to the note 2 which literally responds instantaneously to touch. I also don't get the browser, it's being touted as one of the best right now but scrolling is slow, unresponsive and black spots appear for a few microseconds whenever you scroll through a big website as if it's reloading. Performance of the z10 is comparable to ice cream sandwich or gingerbread (pre jelly bean). I'm Running .90 OS, am I the only one with these issues?

The hub is something else though, I really like it and I do get more things done that way.
    This is not normal at all. My Z10 is blazing fast, even when compared to the quad exynos Note 2. What websites do you see lag on?
    04-08-13 10:39 AM

I'm experiencing similar situations with the Phantom touches also. I do find it very laggy when I am doing something in the settings menu. I love the speed of the browser, but it does need work.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:53 AM
    the experience e gets better actually. the note 2 is a huge device and my eyes really had a hard time adjusting to the screen but after two days of use im fine . the magnifying glass for going through the letters whenever you long press needs a lot of work. i still have difficulty typing but its definitely improving. the hub is unbeatable though, there is nothing like it in andrpid and ios.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:22 AM
    King, I think you just need to adjust a bit more to the OS. A few more days with it might change your perspective. My Z10 is faster than all of my friends phones and they say as much. (SG3, Note2, iPhone 4S,5). The browser is blazing fast on my phone as well. I'm on Verizon.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 10:57 AM
    Funny because a lot of people are saying this phone is fast but i tested it side by side with my nexus 4 and note 2 and the z10 is equal if not a tad bit slower..

Responsiveness is also different w bb. After two days of use ghost presses dont happen anymore. I guess jellybean and bb10 just wprks differently

Posted via CB10
    04-09-13 06:54 PM
28 12