• 1 Post By just_luc
  • 1 Post By Peter Lee2
  • 3 Post By lynxs_claw
  • 1 Post By jesse_h
  • 2 Post By cjcampbell
  • 1 Post By Double_J75
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Anybody have an idea of the total BB10 pre-orders so far through Rogers?

I'd be curious if anyone had any clue how pre-orders are going thus far.

Go RIM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,584 Global Posts

Last I heard it was in the 1400 range.
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    CrackBerry Master

Default Re: Anybody have an idea of the total BB10 pre-orders so far through Rogers?

It's closer to 1700-800 now...
    9000 > 9800 and now BB Z10 and 32GB PlayBook glued to my person!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

Last one I saw was at 1774 or something like that.
    Thanked by:
    r0v3rT3N (01-03-2013) 
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    Last one I saw was at 1774 or something like that.
    That's all I think iPhone 5 had several thousand pre-orders with big 3 carriers each. Oh well, hope BB kicks *** later!
    Dear BlackBerry,
    UPGRADE existing users to BB 10. Don't want to price devices too low? Start a 'trade-up' program. Let existing BB users exchange their old (even non-working) devices for new BB10. Eg: Old BlackBerry + $250 = Z10 This way, you won't have to officially lower your MSRP.

IMPLEMENT requests in order (most requested to least): http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...50/index9.html
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by chrysaurora View Post
    That's all I think iPhone 5 had several thousand pre-orders with big 3 carriers each. Oh well, hope BB kicks *** later!
    The scenario is completely different. Everyone knew what to expect from the iPhone 5, more or less. A lot of people will want to hold and test the BB10 phones before making a decision. I'm getting a Z10 for sure - but haven't pre-ordered because, not living in a big city, I will not have to queue up, my local Rogers dealer will have a few in stock and I will probably just be able to walk in and get one!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have no idea why anyone would pre order a phone. It doesnt even guarantee you anything. Also we are still 4 weeks at least from availability.

Global Posts
    3,059 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

Quote Originally Posted by jvictor77 View Post
    ... haven't pre-ordered because, not living in a big city, I will not have to queue up, my local Rogers dealer will have a few in stock and I will probably just be able to walk in and get one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtaylor1986 View Post
    I have no idea why anyone would pre order a phone. It doesnt even guarantee you anything. Also we are still 4 weeks at least from availability.
    Quote Originally Posted by just_luc View Post
    I placed my order on 3 days ago (Dec 27th) and I was only #1632 now i've moved up to #1627

I do expect to be able to walk in to a 3rd party retailer and buy one on launch day, after which I'll cancel my reservation.. I only did it to show support, and boost the numbers as I know they'll be using the pre-orders to determine how many to order

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    Thanked by:
    ezapper2 (01-06-2013) 
    ezapper2 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    715 Global Posts

Remember there has been no formal advertising like with the Iphone 5 and there is also a bigger userbase with the Iphone 5. So for a phone that people have just seen leaks on and for only one Canadian carrier, I think that the preoders have done pretty well.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,343 Global Posts

How many BB10s do you think are for resale compared to the iPhone5 preorders for resale?

I knew many people trying to hoard iPhone5's to resell on craiglist or overseas.
    CrackBerry Abuser

i JUST preordered one on rogers about 2min ago and im placed as #1885
    Previous device(s):8820 world edition,9800 Torch(Black),9780 Bold(Black),9700 Bold(Black),9900 Bold(Black),9810 Torch(White), iPhone3GS(Black)
    Family Current device(s):BlackBerry Z30(Black),BlackBerry Z10(Black),BlackBerry Q10(Black),Windows SurfaceRT, iPhone5C(Pink)
    CrackBerry Abuser

maybe the placement is on a per store basis? we can only hope
    Previous device(s):8820 world edition,9800 Torch(Black),9780 Bold(Black),9700 Bold(Black),9900 Bold(Black),9810 Torch(White), iPhone3GS(Black)
    Family Current device(s):BlackBerry Z30(Black),BlackBerry Z10(Black),BlackBerry Q10(Black),Windows SurfaceRT, iPhone5C(Pink)

Global Posts
    3,059 Global Posts
    PIN
    24BF22A0

Quote Originally Posted by jasonvan9 View Post
    maybe the placement is on a per store basis? we can only hope
    nope, it's national.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonvan9 View Post
    i JUST preordered one on rogers about 2min ago and im placed as #1885
    glad to see the number increasing at least..

RIM 950 .... Blackberry Z10 (STL100-3 on hybrid OS 10.3.0.140/misc) and everything in between
    + Playbook 32GB
    CrackBerry Newbie

I just pre ordered - I am 1926...
    cjcampbell likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    965 Global Posts

It's funny .. a work colleague always comes into work with the latest tech .. he's been issued a Bold 9900 from work but carries around an i-phone 5 lately as his personal phone.. before that it was a Samsumg SGIII. His brother works at Rogers so he gets to try out the latest and greatest phones that come to Rogers. I like to keep him up-to-date what's happening with BB10 and RIM since I belong to this awesome site called Crackberry but he's always been unsure that RIM will make a comeback cause he believes everything (the bashing) he reads in the news concerning RIM. However, just this week he bought shares in RIM cause his brother has told him that 50-60 people per day at his store keeps asking when the new BB10 phones are going to be in. So it seems that the hype is building without the marketing right now and with all the good things that I keep showing him with BB10, he's told me he'll have the BB10 phone before I do! I think once the marketing for BB10 hits the air waves you'll start to see the pre-orders take-off.
    jesse_h, cjcampbell and ctuffy like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,584 Global Posts

It guarantee's (almost) that the device will be at the store that i choose, when it's released. I want it when it's released, and i want to know that it will be there waiting for me.
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I work for a major IT service delivery company that I will leave nameless, but all my coworkers with Bold 9900s are gearing up to get BB10 devices asap....it looks like people are ready for it.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,691 Global Posts

You're right... it doesn't guarantee anything. What it does do, however, is show a little support with zero risk. I'd like to assume that when the phones are released, and I go to the store I reserved at, that there will be a phone there waiting. I don't have to worry about them being sold out or having to wait for the next shipment. If they do not offer that service, and if I find a better deal at another carrier, I will give Rogers a chance to beat the offer. If they can't, I'll get my reservation money back.
    just_luc and ezapper2 like this.
    CrackBerry User

Default Anybody have an idea of the total BB10 pre-orders so far through Rogers?

Quote Originally Posted by cjcampbell View Post
    You're right... it doesn't guarantee anything. What it does do, however, is show a little support with zero risk. I'd like to assume that when the phones are released, and I go to the store I reserved at, that there will be a phone there waiting. I don't have to worry about them being sold out or having to wait for the next shipment. If they do not offer that service, and if I find a better deal at another carrier, I will give Rogers a chance to beat the offer. If they can't, I'll get my reservation money back.
    I agree with you 100%. You have nothing to loose and great chance at an earlier BB10 in hand to win. Well worth the $40 money-back guarantee.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Keep in mind this is only Canada, what about other cities countries...we have no idea how pre-sales are everywhere else.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by ezapper2 View Post
    Keep in mind this is only Canada, what about other cities countries...we have no idea how pre-sales are everywhere else.
    Keep in mind this is only Rogers in Canada - we also have no idea which carriers in other countries have pre-orders, if any. In many places you always have to buy the phone outright and the concept of subsidized prices doesn't exist!
    CrackBerry Master

I completed a pre order for Future shop in store. No idea what number I was there but I also did a pre order through rogers online. As of this morning I was 3,090.
    cjcampbell likes this.