I've only been able to 'flick' the predictive text words on my Z10 keyboard a few times. I love it when it works, but it doesn't work for me very often. Usually the letter beneath the word lights up and prints, causing me to have to backspace and go to straight typing the entire word.

I've used both options: placing the predictive word in the keyboard as well as placing it above the column. Neither seems to work very well.

Does anybody have any suggestions? My fingers aren't THAT fat !
    02-19-13 04:22 AM
    I have never had any issues at all.

You don't need to touch the word itself just the letter under it. As long as you have a slight upwards motion after hitting the letter it should flick the word (and it always does for me).
    02-19-13 04:29 AM
    Sounds like problem exists between chair and keyboard. Keep practicing
    tmaier and jesse_h like this.
    02-19-13 04:30 AM
    Takes a little practice. I'm finding that when a prediction appears above for space bar that I start too far down and wind up swiping the app up.

Slow down for a day or two. It will come. This almost qualifies as a whole new text entry method.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 04:39 AM
    Thanks Thunderbuck. I've been struggling with the spacebar too. Your tip has suddenly made things right with the world!

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 04:45 AM
    Practice is key. I started out tapping the letter expecting the flicked word to actually flick up. Obviously I knew better but typing on the fly causes pebkac.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-13 04:50 AM
    Slowing does help. Practicing does help. I still end up flicking the letter above up. Other times it works like a breeze.
    02-19-13 04:55 AM
    I've found that flicking can be difficult depending on how clean the screen is.
    02-19-13 05:33 AM
    Just took my screen protector off and the words flick up much better. However, practice is still required for optimum flicking.
    02-19-13 08:11 AM