Not 'only' to support them, but 'also' to support them. As above, if the phone was garbage that would be different, but it's pretty good so far.

Posted via CB10
    +1

I love their spirit, they did not give up.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 01:08 PM
    I bought it because I was impressed with it. its a daft idea (sorry) to buy a phone simply to support the company. You are lucky that its such a great phone
    03-10-13 01:14 PM
    I'm sorry but this is a silly reason to buy a phone. I am getting my Z10, yes to support Blackberry but also because I tihnk it is the best mobile phone/OS out there and plan on using it as my main device.

Buying a phone JUST to support a company is silly.
    03-10-13 01:17 PM
    I bought my Z10 because my 9800 BB Torch was on its last legs and I was very impressed by the previous Z10 demos that I saw. It has worked out so well for me and I would not trade it in for another phone.
    03-10-13 01:23 PM
    I bought the z10 just to support Blackberry. Had been rocking a perfectly good 9900 and paid retail for an unlocked from Canada to use on AT&T in the U.S. Have upgraded OS and am painfully getting used to typing on glass.
    03-10-13 01:31 PM
    +1 It didn't matter to me whether the software or the z10 was out of its league but I had to support BlackBerry and just because they tried really hard with all the iThis and android that. Hats off to BlackBerry.

And as a friend of mine always says "Buy a BlackBerry save a virgin." loool

Posted via CB10
    Chris P. Bacon likes this.
    03-10-13 01:38 PM
    OP, that's very kind of you, I suppose. I bought mine because I like BlackBerry, and they've always done what I needed from a device. In other words, they serve the intended purpose.

Posted via CB10 from my Z
    03-10-13 01:50 PM
    I bought mine because i've always loved BBRY - it did what i needed it to do best! I was initially waiting for the Q10 to replace my 9900 but fell in love with the Z10 when i first say and held it on launch day (made the call to my carrier a few mins later to place the order!)
    03-10-13 02:25 PM
    I wish I could afford to buy the phone under any reasoning - personal gratification or supporting of RIM. Sadly I am stuck with my iP5 for the foreseeable future unless I find a cheaper one on eBay or the like. For now I will just placate my desire by reading everything I can on it!
    03-10-13 04:10 PM
    I wish I could afford to buy the phone under any reasoning - personal gratification or supporting of RIM. Sadly I am stuck with my iP5 for the foreseeable future unless I find a cheaper one on eBay or the like. For now I will just placate my desire by reading everything I can on it!
    put up the iP5 for sale and come over to the dark side!
    03-10-13 04:13 PM
    Bit of both I suppose, but if the phone was garbage I wouldn't care much about the company. As it turns out, the phone is GREAT.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:18 PM
    This is definitely crossing my mind! I would no doubt end up with some cash left over too so not bad at all. I am a sucker for a deal though so shall trawl through the auctions to find one then potentially fund that by selling it
    03-10-13 04:33 PM
    I had the 9810, 9900, iPhone 4S and the Samsung Galaxy 3.

Based on my experience and needs I am happy I chose the Z10.

I wait now for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:42 PM
    For anyone that just bought a Z10 to support Blackberry I'd be happy to take if off your hands for $250
    03-10-13 04:57 PM
    I support BlackBerry. I bought the torch the day it was released to show my support. I bought my playbook the day it was released to show my support. I started buying RIM shares with my disposable income back in 2011 at $60 and cotinued buying them to show my support.
    5 months ago I felt they no longer nedded my support because the BB10 was going to be a huge success. I cotinued loading up on shares, but that was for my own interest in achieving early retirement. I will buy a Z10 on April 7 because I want to buy it. I still support BlackBerry by educating people on the BB10, but with their huge marketing campain they have started, that support will disappear as well.

Go BlackBerry!
    Go CrackBerry.com!
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-11-13 12:35 AM
    I will buy a Z10 as soon as I can because it looks so fresh and exciting! Useful and productive! Suporting BlackBerry is secondary but I love the brand so its great to be able to do that as well.
    Its not just BlackBerry anymore. Its a smattering of talent assembled to create a supperphone. Created by mobile people at their core!
    BlackBerry is a mobile Pure Play! The only Pure Play their is left! I knew for the last 3 years they would be back in the game and gunning for the top spot once again. They never let us down with the Z10, BB10 only gets better from here! Its already the most powerfull mobile OS there is period! Not a bad start!
    03-11-13 12:55 AM
    I was gonna buy the Z10 "just to support BlackBerry" at first, since I'm a full qwerty keyboard lover. But then over time, I've just grown anxious and excited about getting it. It's kind of a new feeling, because while I've always been overly excited about getting a new BlackBerry, each previous one was pretty much an evolution of the one I was replacing.

The Z10 is 100% new and the touchscreen experience will be new to me as well. BlackBerry is the only company I'd trust to take my full touchscreen virginity haha I'm still not sure I'm ready for it...But I'm gonna get the Q10 when it comes out too, since that's the BlackBerry that I know is without a doubt right for me.
    anon(4044683) likes this.
    03-11-13 01:18 AM
    This kind of sentiment kind of surprises me, sort of along the lines of people who would claim to support BB because they're Canadian.

To me, BlackBerry's story is compelling, but there's no way on earth I'm going to buy a bad device just because I want to "support" a company. For one thing, if the device is bad I'm going to have to live with it, and even under the very best circumstances all it accomplishes is it tells the company they don't need to deliver a top-notch product go get my money.

In my opinion, the Z10 is a very strong, very competitive device. The greatest weakness is the app ecosystem, and there's only so much control that BB has over that. Personally, I've found pretty much everything I need on an app level, and I firmly believe the device is good enough to win the audience it's going to take to get the developers' attention.

But, no, I'm not buying "just to support BlackBerry", I bought because I believe it's a superior product.
    03-11-13 01:25 AM
    I bought my Z10 because the interwebs told me to b

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 01:26 AM
    I never thought I would own a blackberry but after using the PlayBook i realized the power of QNX and the real multitasking. Now I want to show my support to BlackBerry for creating an awesome phone.
    03-11-13 01:54 AM
    I bought the Z10 cause BlackBerry have an amazing product and will be bringing us more and more features this year. BlackBerry 10 is only the beginning, yet many have doubted them when other phones were releasing all there shiny devices and all I kept saying was well don't worry BlackBerry are coming with something when no one is looking ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:30 AM
    Let's be real too, it's different then other phone out there and NO-ONE has BBM! Period!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 11:31 AM
    I never buy anything to a "Support a Company". I insisted on looking at everything before I bought and I do that with any major purchase.

If the Z10 had issues I would have bought a Galaxy 3s. I have had no issues, very happy.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:09 PM
    Curiosity is what made me get my Z-10. Plus I pretty much try out all BlackBerry phones when they come out. If my bold was LTE I probably would like it better.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-13 12:21 PM
    No, but I did buy BBRY shares
    03-11-13 12:26 PM
50 12