Not sure if this has already been discussed but I'm curious if any Z10 users are going back to a legacy BlackBerry device.

If so, how long did you use the Z10 before deciding to return the Z10?

What were the major factors that caused you to go back to an older BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 06:50 PM
    I'm staying with the Z10. I also have a 9900 and a 9800. They are also activated. My preference is for the Z10.
    04-01-13 06:56 PM
    While I really like my Z10, there are features that I miss. One of the biggest things I miss is the ability to block calls and sms. I know there are parental controls to block calls and sms from numbers not in your address book. Also miss that instant push email.

Overall I have to say I'm very happy with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:05 PM
    While I really like my Z10, there are features that I miss. One of the biggest things I miss is the ability to block calls and sms. I know there are parental controls to block calls and sms from numbers not in your address book. Also miss that instant push email.

Overall I have to say I'm very happy with the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Call blocking is on the Z10. Go to phone, pull down, settings, call blocking.

Posted via CB10
    NOKJAA and BlackberryPig like this.
    04-01-13 07:08 PM
    Call blocking is on the Z10. Go to phone, pull down, settings, call blocking.

Posted via CB10
    That option is for blocking all incoming or outgoing calls. Or blocking while roaming. You can't block based upon specific numbers.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:13 PM
    Gave the 9780 to my daughter... doubt I could get that one back. I still have a 9900 that is activated, as well as the Z10 that I'm currently using.

I'll stick with the Z10 at least until the Q10 comes out. This keyboard is pretty cool, but I'm still partial to a tactile keyboard experience. Overall, the Z10 has been a pleasant phone to use, but it does need some help in a few areas. So, we'll see how it goes.

Posted via CB10
    sirk25 and BlackberryPig like this.
    04-01-13 07:14 PM
    After playing with the Z10 for just a half hour the day before it went on sale, going back to the 9900 felt dated. And I love the 9900. I just love the Z10 more and have no intention of going back.
    04-01-13 07:22 PM
    **** NO!!!!
    DawgMan and brout like this.
    04-01-13 07:25 PM
    Not sure if this has already been discussed but I'm curious if any Z10 users are going back to a legacy BlackBerry device.

Posted via CB10
    I love my Z10, don't get me wrong. Doesn't affect me. But I know that if corporate emails can't be popped over to BYOD users, then it's game over .
    04-01-13 07:27 PM
    Uhh the Z10 does have instant push email through Activesync (Hotmail/Outlook, corporate, etc.) and IMAP IDLE (for Gmail, etc.)
    04-01-13 07:29 PM
    Not planning on ever going back to my torch 9810

Posted via CB10
    TexicanMerc and curvezzz like this.
    04-01-13 07:31 PM
    Uhh the Z10 does have instant push email through Activesync (Hotmail/Outlook, corporate, etc.) and IMAP IDLE (for Gmail, etc.)
    Well, for those of us not using active sync but just just plain old Yahoo email, it's not push. I can refresh the inbox several times before an email arrives.

Posted via CB10
    Some of our real world experiences would say otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    **** no. That's like playing play station 3 and going back to Sega Genesis.
    04-01-13 07:34 PM
    I upgraded my work email to hosted exchange, which supports push. After waking up this morning to zero new emails on my Z10, I checked my 9850 which had several new mails waiting. Talked to network solutions to verify my settings were correct. I turned off push on my Z10 and emails came right in. Right now it's a crap shoot if I get email. I'm dual carrying until I trust it's sorted out.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 07:35 PM
    used my wifes Torch the other day and wondered how I ever used it(I use to own a torch before the Z10)
    Seemed so small and I kept trying to swipe.
    Nope not going to use anything but my Z10!!
    seacan2 likes this.
    I keep my Bold 9000 in my car just in case. I kept my BIS plan so I am still able to swap the SIM back and forth and still get all my emails and all that good stuff

Posted via CB10
    Well, for those of us not using active sync but just just plain old Yahoo email, it's not push. I can refresh the inbox several times before an email arrives.

Posted via CB10
    Did you even read what I wrote? I use Gmail, and I have push through IMAP IDLE. For the record, yahoo uses outdated pop3 crap, which was never push to begin with. The only difference is that on older BBs, RIM's servers polled yahoo every 15 minutes, and pushed new emails to your phone, and now your phone fetches those emails every 15 minutes from Yahoo. Sure, it may have been marginally better, but not by much, and that's why BlackBerry got rid of it.
    04-01-13 07:38 PM
    Hellz to the no!

Posted via CB10
    mkelley65 and Craig Tewsley like this.
    04-01-13 07:39 PM
    Man, the reason I left BlackBerry was because of the browsing experience. I had the 9700 and it was a damn joke when it came to browsing. If the they would of kept up in that area I probably never would of left. Loved the physical querty back then but now I'm so used to touch that I'm afraid to go back and see what I'm missing. I was thinking of the q10 but I remember from the Porshe phone that most didn't like that keyboard as well. The Q10s keyboard looks just like it. Sorry, mindless typing. lol Perhaps I will just pick up a 9930 and a Lumia 928. 9930s can be had for cheap on ebay.
    04-01-13 07:45 PM
    Had the 9800 Torch before the Z10. Picked it up just to stroll down memory lane. It was a short walk. Can't go back!!
    pantlesspenguin and seacan2 like this.
    04-01-13 07:45 PM
    Did you even read what I wrote? I use Gmail, and I have push through IMAP IDLE. For the record, yahoo uses outdated pop3 crap, which was never push to begin with. The only difference is that on older BBs, RIM's servers polled yahoo every 15 minutes, and pushed new emails to your phone, and now your phone fetches those emails every 15 minutes from Yahoo. Sure, it may have been marginally better, but not by much, and that's why BlackBerry got rid of it.
    I did read your post, but I don't think I should have to change email providers to have it function properly on a device.

Posted via CB10
    h20work and Grumblegrumble like this.
    04-01-13 07:52 PM
    I did read your post, but I don't think I should have to change email providers to have it function properly on a device.

Posted via CB10
    What? How is it not functioning properly? That's how POP works on any device since the protocol was invented. Why don't you go complain to Yahoo why you have to become a paid user to get IMAP support? POP will not push to any device. Ever.period. Even on older BBs, it was still a 15 minute refresh. The only difference is that the servers were doing it back then, and now your phone does it directly. Push is still supported for providers that actually support it, either through IMAP or Activesync.
    kbz1960 and gritsinct like this.
    04-01-13 07:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Old slow outdated Bold 9700 happily retired but in a place of honor. Stored on a shelf next to a Curve 8310, Treo 600, some old iDen Nextels, and Treo 750 all in their original packaging. Going to the Smithsonian one day.
    eBud, seacan2 and Dave Liao like this.
    04-01-13 08:04 PM
    What? How is it not functioning properly? That's how POP works on any device since the protocol was invented. Why don't you go complain to Yahoo why you have to become a paid user to get IMAP support? POP will not push to any device. Ever.period. Even on older BBs, it was still a 15 minute refresh. The only difference is that the servers were doing it back then, and now your phone does it directly. Push is still supported for providers that actually support it, either through IMAP or Activesync.
    Wow man, you need to calm the f*** down. It's just a conversation.

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914, purenupe1 and BB_Bmore like this.
    04-01-13 08:06 PM
193 123 ...