Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 193
Like Tree57Likes
  1. DawgMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Any Z10 users going back to previous BlackBerry?

    Not sure if this has already been discussed but I'm curious if any Z10 users are going back to a legacy BlackBerry device.

    If so, how long did you use the Z10 before deciding to return the Z10?

    What were the major factors that caused you to go back to an older BlackBerry?

    Posted via CB10
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."
  2. Jerryg50's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    310 Posts
    #2  

    Default

    I'm staying with the Z10. I also have a 9900 and a 9800. They are also activated. My preference is for the Z10.
    Jerry G.
  3. DawgMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default

    While I really like my Z10, there are features that I miss. One of the biggest things I miss is the ability to block calls and sms. I know there are parental controls to block calls and sms from numbers not in your address book. Also miss that instant push email.

    Overall I have to say I'm very happy with the Z10.

    Posted via CB10
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."
  4. dejanh's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,705 Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgMan View Post
    While I really like my Z10, there are features that I miss. One of the biggest things I miss is the ability to block calls and sms. I know there are parental controls to block calls and sms from numbers not in your address book. Also miss that instant push email.

    Overall I have to say I'm very happy with the Z10.

    Posted via CB10
    Call blocking is on the Z10. Go to phone, pull down, settings, call blocking.



    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    BlackberryPig (04-03-2013) 
    NOKJAA likes this.
  5. DawgMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dejanh View Post
    Call blocking is on the Z10. Go to phone, pull down, settings, call blocking.



    Posted via CB10
    That option is for blocking all incoming or outgoing calls. Or blocking while roaming. You can't block based upon specific numbers.

    Posted via CB10
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."
  6. niss63's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,443 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,447 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Gave the 9780 to my daughter... doubt I could get that one back. I still have a 9900 that is activated, as well as the Z10 that I'm currently using.

    I'll stick with the Z10 at least until the Q10 comes out. This keyboard is pretty cool, but I'm still partial to a tactile keyboard experience. Overall, the Z10 has been a pleasant phone to use, but it does need some help in a few areas. So, we'll see how it goes.

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    BlackberryPig (04-03-2013) 
    sirk25 and BlackberryPig like this.
  7. #7  

    Default

    After playing with the Z10 for just a half hour the day before it went on sale, going back to the 9900 felt dated. And I love the 9900. I just love the Z10 more and have no intention of going back.
    Ed

    Ursus moderatus levisomnus.
  8. Gatmyer's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,074 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,075 Global Posts
    #8  

    Default

    **** NO!!!!
    DawgMan and brout like this.
  9. pandapurple's Avatar
    CrackBerry Master

    Posts
    1,109 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgMan View Post
    Not sure if this has already been discussed but I'm curious if any Z10 users are going back to a legacy BlackBerry device.

    If so, how long did you use the Z10 before deciding to return the Z10?

    What were the major factors that caused you to go back to an older BlackBerry?

    Posted via CB10
    I love my Z10, don't get me wrong. Doesn't affect me. But I know that if corporate emails can't be popped over to BYOD users, then it's game over .
    Buy the Z10 because you choose to. Enough reason in itself.
  10. #10  

    Default

    Uhh the Z10 does have instant push email through Activesync (Hotmail/Outlook, corporate, etc.) and IMAP IDLE (for Gmail, etc.)
  11. calirevolt's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    223 Posts
    #11  

    Default

    Not planning on ever going back to my torch 9810

    Posted via CB10
    Thanked by:
    curvezzz (04-09-2013) 
    curvezzz and TexicanMerc like this.
  12. DawgMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForNoReason2 View Post
    Uhh the Z10 does have instant push email through Activesync (Hotmail/Outlook, corporate, etc.) and IMAP IDLE (for Gmail, etc.)
    Well, for those of us not using active sync but just just plain old Yahoo email, it's not push. I can refresh the inbox several times before an email arrives.

    Posted via CB10
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."
  13. h20work's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,525 Posts
    #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForNoReason2 View Post
    Uhh the Z10 does have instant push email through Activesync (Hotmail/Outlook, corporate, etc.) and IMAP IDLE (for Gmail, etc.)
    Some of our real world experiences would say otherwise.

    Posted via CB10
  14. FocusedBerry's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    502 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    **** no. That's like playing play station 3 and going back to Sega Genesis.
    Thanked by:
    brout (04-02-2013) 
    III 4U2NV III and Hassan Hbk like this.
  15. h20work's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,525 Posts
    #15  

    Default

    I upgraded my work email to hosted exchange, which supports push. After waking up this morning to zero new emails on my Z10, I checked my 9850 which had several new mails waiting. Talked to network solutions to verify my settings were correct. I turned off push on my Z10 and emails came right in. Right now it's a crap shoot if I get email. I'm dual carrying until I trust it's sorted out.

    Posted via CB10
  16. potatoguy's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    #16  

    Default

    used my wifes Torch the other day and wondered how I ever used it(I use to own a torch before the Z10)
    Seemed so small and I kept trying to swipe.
    Nope not going to use anything but my Z10!!
    seacan2 likes this.
  17. cl8baller's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    PIN
    24F1671B
    #17  

    Default

    I keep my Bold 9000 in my car just in case. I kept my BIS plan so I am still able to swap the SIM back and forth and still get all my emails and all that good stuff

    Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry 8900< BlackBerry 9000+BlackBerry 8100< BlackBerry 6210 (Dont ask)<BB 9000< BlackBerry Z10!

    Proud BlackBerry PlayBook owner.
    Proud BlackBerry Z10 running BlackBerry 10 owner.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgMan View Post
    Well, for those of us not using active sync but just just plain old Yahoo email, it's not push. I can refresh the inbox several times before an email arrives.

    Posted via CB10
    Did you even read what I wrote? I use Gmail, and I have push through IMAP IDLE. For the record, yahoo uses outdated pop3 crap, which was never push to begin with. The only difference is that on older BBs, RIM's servers polled yahoo every 15 minutes, and pushed new emails to your phone, and now your phone fetches those emails every 15 minutes from Yahoo. Sure, it may have been marginally better, but not by much, and that's why BlackBerry got rid of it.
  19. jon4400's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    PIN
    28F9964A
    #19  

    Default

    Hellz to the no!

    Posted via CB10
  20. independentvolume's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    402 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,169 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Man, the reason I left BlackBerry was because of the browsing experience. I had the 9700 and it was a damn joke when it came to browsing. If the they would of kept up in that area I probably never would of left. Loved the physical querty back then but now I'm so used to touch that I'm afraid to go back and see what I'm missing. I was thinking of the q10 but I remember from the Porshe phone that most didn't like that keyboard as well. The Q10s keyboard looks just like it. Sorry, mindless typing. lol Perhaps I will just pick up a 9930 and a Lumia 928. 9930s can be had for cheap on ebay.
  21. Jince's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    56 Posts
    #21  

    Default

    Had the 9800 Torch before the Z10. Picked it up just to stroll down memory lane. It was a short walk. Can't go back!!
  22. DawgMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForNoReason2 View Post
    Did you even read what I wrote? I use Gmail, and I have push through IMAP IDLE. For the record, yahoo uses outdated pop3 crap, which was never push to begin with. The only difference is that on older BBs, RIM's servers polled yahoo every 15 minutes, and pushed new emails to your phone, and now your phone fetches those emails every 15 minutes from Yahoo. Sure, it may have been marginally better, but not by much, and that's why BlackBerry got rid of it.
    I did read your post, but I don't think I should have to change email providers to have it function properly on a device.

    Posted via CB10
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."
    h20work and Grumblegrumble like this.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgMan View Post
    I did read your post, but I don't think I should have to change email providers to have it function properly on a device.

    Posted via CB10
    What? How is it not functioning properly? That's how POP works on any device since the protocol was invented. Why don't you go complain to Yahoo why you have to become a paid user to get IMAP support? POP will not push to any device. Ever.period. Even on older BBs, it was still a 15 minute refresh. The only difference is that the servers were doing it back then, and now your phone does it directly. Push is still supported for providers that actually support it, either through IMAP or Activesync.
    gritsinct and kbz1960 like this.
  24. mkelley65's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    699 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgMan View Post
    Not sure if this has already been discussed but I'm curious if any Z10 users are going back to a legacy BlackBerry device.

    If so, how long did you use the Z10 before deciding to return the Z10?

    What were the major factors that caused you to go back to an older BlackBerry?

    Posted via CB10
    Old slow outdated Bold 9700 happily retired but in a place of honor. Stored on a shelf next to a Curve 8310, Treo 600, some old iDen Nextels, and Treo 750 all in their original packaging. Going to the Smithsonian one day.
    eBud, Dave Hong and seacan2 like this.
  25. DawgMan's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    2,036 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,039 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Moonshine Please.
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForNoReason2 View Post
    What? How is it not functioning properly? That's how POP works on any device since the protocol was invented. Why don't you go complain to Yahoo why you have to become a paid user to get IMAP support? POP will not push to any device. Ever.period. Even on older BBs, it was still a 15 minute refresh. The only difference is that the servers were doing it back then, and now your phone does it directly. Push is still supported for providers that actually support it, either through IMAP or Activesync.
    Wow man, you need to calm the f*** down. It's just a conversation.

    Posted via CB10
    "When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down."
    Thanked by 2:
    BB_Bmore (04-03-2013),  purenupe1 (04-02-2013) 
    ppeters914 likes this.
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to go back to previous OS
    By croft in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 10:00 PM
  2. iPhone users go back to BlackBerry?
    By walds11 in forum Apple iPhone/iPad
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 04:39 PM
  3. Any 5.0 users going back to .230?
    By Wheelman74 in forum BlackBerry OS 5 & 4.x
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 12:07 PM
  4. AT&T makes its users go back to the 20th century.
    By Weekendbum in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 12:58 PM
  5. so i've decided to go back to the blackberry side
    By maxm in forum General BlackBerry Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-22-2008, 12:09 AM

Posting Permissions