I heard that Skype for BlackBerry 10 would be released April 12 (today) but I haven't seen anything, any of u guys know something?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 01:58 PM
    Man, be prepared to either be totally ignored or pounded to a pulp. I haven't heard any word.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:07 PM
    lol, no, skype will not coming..

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 02:31 PM
    Sweet mercies

Fine... to prevent more people getting cyber-jumped, I'm gonna go ahead and say Skype is NOT coming. Ever.

There. No more threads LOL.

OK: just kidding around. It's s sensitive topic.
    angad7.10, Camelhmpz and Drew808 like this.
    04-12-13 02:37 PM
    Go to there web page its explained there.
    04-12-13 02:41 PM
    i think i heard rumors of either 15th or 16th? could be wrong. also if it needs the Jelly Bean update to the runtime then it'll be longer.
    lewcat and KSisthename like this.
    04-12-13 02:54 PM
    We should see it after 10.1 rolls out at months end. (the Q10 will be released with 10.1)
    The leading hypothesis is that OS 10.1 adds better Android support and this is what Skype has been waiting for.
    04-12-13 02:57 PM
    Does this mean, Skype will be an Android port only?! Such a long wait and than another crappy Android port
    AbsoluteT23 and TrueKulcha like this.
    04-12-13 03:05 PM
    Ys android port

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 03:07 PM
    Before the forum the forum police come, just know that if there was any news on when Skype is being released then it would be big news. Also, Skype will be a modified port. This is NOT a bad thing as the Android version is very, very good and the WP8 version, which is built from scratch is absolute gosa.

In the future, just because the forum police will jump on you, there is a search button and we will let you know if there is any news on Skype. Hope you're enjoying your Z10! ^_^
    toobs623 likes this.
    04-12-13 03:08 PM
    But an Android port will mean that there is no support for the BlackBerry Hub. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    04-12-13 03:14 PM
    Not recently.

Posted via Crackberry Z10
    04-12-13 03:14 PM
    Does this mean, Skype will be an Android port only?! Such a long wait and than another crappy Android port
    Yes. They are just modifying it so it runs on our phones.

04-12-13 03:15 PM
    But an Android port will mean that there is no support for the BlackBerry Hub. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Good point there.

04-12-13 03:16 PM
    The updated android player may include hub integration.
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-12-13 03:19 PM
    Before the forum the forum police come, just know that if there was any news on when Skype is being released then it would be big news. Also, Skype will be a modified port. This is NOT a bad thing as the Android version is very, very good and the WP8 version, which is built from scratch is absolute gosa.
    And don't even get me started on the WP7 version... I could probably rant enough to fill a book the size of the 7 Harry Potter books together with the font at size 1 if I was allowed to rant without limit.
    04-12-13 03:19 PM
    It would be awesome if some new video chat software would come and render skype useless. I really don't like Microsoft or anything it stands for(from xbox to skype to their os). QNX needs to come in and make a universal OS(from pc, smartphones[BB10], to whatever possible). That is all
    04-12-13 03:20 PM

In the future, just because the forum police will jump on you, there is a search button and we will let you know if there is any news on Skype. Hope you're enjoying your Z10! ^_^
    I did but i didnt find any recent news, thats why i posted, the latest post i found was "bottom line, skype is mandatory" and im not lookig for that exactly

Btw i dont find it a problem to be an android port, its true that some are crap, but if skype is taking its time it means that they're doing everything so it will run smoothly, there are quite some apps that run like a charm even though they're ports, for example all odyssey card games work absolutely amazing

Just hope we get the app soon, i hate grabbing my ipod to call my brother on his phone and not being able to do it on my Z10 yet
    04-12-13 03:24 PM
    It would be awesome if some new video chat software would come and render skype useless. I really don't like Microsoft or anything it stands for(from xbox to skype to their os). QNX needs to come in and make a universal OS(from pc, smartphones[BB10], to whatever possible). That is all
    Agreed, i use windows cuz i hate apple computers and its OS, and dont really like linux
    AbsoluteT23 and TrueKulcha like this.
    04-12-13 03:26 PM

Btw i dont find it a problem to be an android port, its true that some are crap, but if skype is taking its time it means that they're doing everything so it will run smoothly, there are quite some apps that run like a charm even though they're ports, for example all odyssey card games work absolutely amazing
    I don't have a problem either as long as it works.

The updated android player may include hub integration.
    Exactly. I'm sure BlackBerry is working with the Skype team very closely as this is a big name app. Also, working to include HUB notifications. It will probably be like how WhatsApp give you alerts through the notifications HUB tab.
    I don't have a problem either as long as it works.

I'm still hoping that the delay is because they decided to surprise us with a native version after all. I live in hope

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    04-12-13 03:32 PM
    I'm still hoping that the delay is because they decided to surprise us with a native version after all. I live in hope

*gasp*

That could be it!

04-12-13 03:33 PM
    I think when it's available it will probably be front page news and you won't miss it. No need for us to keep asking
    potatoguy, KemKev and EarthyBerry like this.
    04-12-13 03:34 PM
    *gasp*

That could be it!

You never know... The whole thing about announcing it as a port could have been to gauge the reaction (not good). But this is total speculation.

04-12-13 03:35 PM
109 123 ...