BB-Fan from Germany speaking, I'll get my Z10 on April 12th.

So meanwhile I visit the CB-Forums from time to time, watching out for threads where people with bad experiences bash the phone. Now my point:

So far each and every Hate-My-Z10-Thread was pure garbage imo and reading them was a waste of time. I've seen barely any valid arguments so far, wether it's apps, camera, battery life or random reboots.

Apps -
    I know about this and it will improve, with Android 4.1 runtime also coming
    Camera -
    I've seen enough comparisons so far and this one is fairly good, even when compared to an iP5 or a GS3
    Battery Life -
    Some report this, some report that. I bet a thousand bucks I'll be one of those who won't have any problem with the battery
    Random Reboots -
    The majority doesn't have any problems regarding this, so whoever experiences random reboots, wipe the phone and set it up new, exchange it or wait for an update to take care of this; this isn't a real problem

So is there anyone who want's to tell my about REAL and VALID issues? I read quite a few bad things on the Z10, but I'm absolutely NOT CONCERNED about anything so far.

Greetings.
    04-01-13 07:56 AM
    Apps are a valid complaint, IMO. Maybe they'll come, but they are certainly not here now! And side loading is not always an option for the end user.
    04-01-13 07:59 AM
    OP, what you don't realize is that the average North American isn't as intelligent as the average European I agree with the premise of your post. While there are a few legitimate issues, they are not significant. BlackBerry did an amazing job for a first iteration OS.
    04-01-13 08:24 AM
    Good point: NOTHING SIGNIFICANT.
    chm985 likes this.
    04-01-13 08:26 AM
    Hi Tomme,
    In regards to your question, I think one should start by defining your needs. If you are someone that needs to be connected, write emails and texts, and needs to work efficiently, then the Z10 is for you.
    The Z10's strength are the UI, browser, hub, PIM, NFC and multitasking features. They are excellent and best-in-class in the smartphone market. Camera is also strong and comparable with other offerings on the market and power utilization is good.
    The weak spot at the moment is depth of App selection. It stands at 110K which is nothing to sneeze at but there are a few big ones missing. If you live and breath Apps, I would suggest something else.
    I always remind people when it comes to Apps, the average person downloads and uses 10-20 based on market research. That is it. In my case, all the necessary apps are in BB world minus two. App selection will develop with time as the number of Z10's rises, it is just a basic fact of economics. In the near term, the browser is a solid work around.
    04-01-13 08:41 AM
    OP, what you don't realize is that the average North American isn't as intelligent as the average European I agree with the premise of your post. While there are a few legitimate issues, they are not significant. BlackBerry did an amazing job for a first iteration OS.
    I'd like to see some evidence to support your hypothesis

Posted via CB10
    cwalt2166 and Berry_Pink like this.
    04-01-13 08:43 AM
    haha FUNNY

Posted via CB10
    scootnyinzer and maddie1128 like this.
    04-01-13 08:44 AM
    I have been having a problem with the video recorder. When I record on normal 1080p it comes out choppy and un-view able... If I mess with the settings and change it to 720p it works, or if I change it for stabilization mode it works...

I'm really confused ... Am I doing something wrong?

Posted via CB10
    Toseepics likes this.
    04-01-13 08:51 AM
    I think there are a few minor arguments. If a company's policy is to have email available longer than 30 days, then I can see where the current OS would make it an unusable device (for now). Since, BlackBerry is looking into this, and it will more than likely be remedied in the near future, it won't be an issue for very long.

As far as missing apps, if you're coming from a 9900, did you have Skype, Instagram or Netflix? Probably not. There are some apps that people liked from BB7, and maybe they aren't available today, but a lot more apps are being added every day, and some of the apps from other platforms are coming.

A good thing to look at is the camera. When the Z10 came out, there were several reports about the camera's quality with low-light imagery, and battery drain issues. Within a few weeks, an update came out that improved the camera and battery.

I think what helps is that BlackBerry is listening. Improvements are being made. The current OS does have some need for improvement. But I think BlackBerry has shown they are working on things, so hopefully people won't take what they see today as the final verdict on things.
    04-01-13 09:11 AM
    Apps are a valid complaint, IMO. Maybe they'll come, but they are certainly not here now! And side loading is not always an option for the end user.

I wish people would stop making such sweeping generalizations and be fracken specific. You guys make it sound like there isn't a single solitary app on BlackBerry 10 and never will be. there are 100,000 apps on the platform and I doubt everyone here has downloaded and tried all of them.

How about just saying, "I wish it had these apps" or "I wish these apps were better" instead of the sweeping statements like this????
    R Field, alan510, Mecca EL and 6 others like this.
    04-01-13 09:13 AM
    OP, what you don't realize is that the average North American isn't as intelligent as the average European
    Oh Europeans, I love ya. You get mad when North Americans act like we're the centre of the universe, but I also know it's because you want the world to act like Europe is instead the centre of the universe. :-)
    Toseepics and Dirtymike14 like this.
    04-01-13 09:15 AM
    I wouldn't say this is a reason not to get the z10 but people have come up with weaker excuses...
    I dislike how the bb10 handles importing and sorting of your music and picture files. For some reason you can't sort your files by time, size or whatever you want. Also if your song title is long, tough luck on seeing the rest of the file title after a certain number of characters. I recall the old OS use to have a moving scroll feature.
    Not a big deal but from an every day use it can get tiresome.
    04-01-13 09:18 AM
    BB-Fan from Germany speaking, I'll get my Z10 on April 12th.

So meanwhile I visit the CB-Forums from time to time, watching out for threads where people with bad experiences bash the phone. Now my point:

So far each and every Hate-My-Z10-Thread was pure garbage imo and reading them was a waste of time. I've seen barely any valid arguments so far, wether it's apps, camera, battery life or random reboots.

Apps -
    I know about this and it will improve, with Android 4.1 runtime also coming
    Camera -
    I've seen enough comparisons so far and this one is fairly good, even when compared to an iP5 or a GS3
    Battery Life -
    Some report this, some report that. I bet a thousand bucks I'll be one of those who won't have any problem with the battery
    Random Reboots -
    The majority doesn't have any problems regarding this, so whoever experiences random reboots, wipe the phone and set it up new, exchange it or wait for an update to take care of this; this isn't a real problem

So is there anyone who want's to tell my about REAL and VALID issues? I read quite a few bad things on the Z10, but I'm absolutely NOT CONCERNED about anything so far.

Greetings.
    I think a lot of complaints being made are real, and valid, but not necessarily critical or widespread. And valid really depends on the person.

For battery - I think this really depends on the person and signal strength. I've been at work since 5AM EST. Battery is at 95% right now.It's usually around 50% when I go to bed. However, at a friend's place where LTE signal was low and I wasn't on WiFi, I lost 50% battery while there in about 4 hours.
    04-01-13 09:18 AM
    Your question depends on what is important to you. For me not being able to search for email on my IMAP server is a deal breaker.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:22 AM
    The only valid thing I see here is the app selection. My battery issue was solved by changing 4G for GSM / EDGE when I'm not using heavy data. Other than the apps this phone is awesome

Posted via CB10
    04-01-13 09:24 AM
    Best thing is to try it yourself first. Each carrier will have a certain time in which you can return the phone if you don't like it, so use it to the full and then make a decision. If it works for you great, if not find a phone that does.

The Z10 works great for me & satisfies all my needs. But it may not for everyone. Test it out fully during tour alloted return by date.

Whoosh.....!!!!!!!!!! Careful! Z10 in action here!
    04-01-13 09:30 AM
    OP, I'd say you've summed up the biggest concerns.

- Apps: no biggie, or dealbreaker, depending on your individual needs. Any recommendation I've given for the Z10 has come with the caveat that the user needs to make sure the app portfolio is going to work for them.

- Camera: not sure even where this came from, except that Gizmodo seemed to go out of its way to make it look bad. As has been mentioned, the software update did wonders to improve low-light performance, and it's otherwise comparable to the better smartphone cams out there.

- Battery: It's okay. I had gotten used to the Bold 9900 and the Z10 is definitely better, but that's not saying much. The trouble I ran into was that I found myself using the phone so much more that the additional screen time alone was sucking all my juice. Typical use is good, though, and I'm getting in the habit of charging my phone whenever I have the opportunity.
    shaleem likes this.
    04-01-13 09:32 AM
    I wish people would stop making such sweeping generalizations and be fracken specific. You guys make it sound like there isn't a single solitary app on BlackBerry 10 and never will be. there are 100,000 apps on the platform and I doubt everyone here has downloaded and tried all of them.

How about just saying, "I wish it had these apps" or "I wish these apps were better" instead of the sweeping statements like this????
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=787575

You certainly can't find them on the 100,000 app selection. I guess you woke up on your bad side.
    litig8or98 likes this.
    04-01-13 09:32 AM

I wish it had...

1Password - This one I really miss, but I did research and find I can open a webfile called 1password anywhere in a browser, has solved my issue for now, but would like a native app.
    Redbox - Easy for me to reserve a movie while out and about. The mobile website is not optimized.
    PayPal - Miss this
    IMDB - I enjoyed this app while watching movies to find out certain details
    Yelp - Was handy
    Speedtest - Handy

They are not deal breakers by any means, but I would like to see them on the phone.
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    04-01-13 09:39 AM
    Another stupid distorted facts that i am seeing from Wanna bes reviewers... Saying that Z10 is make of completely plastic and then recommending a competitor device.

Z10 is made of stainless steel from what i know. Seems like a champagne of distorted facts against Z10
    04-01-13 09:39 AM
    There are valid arguments against any device. We can disagree about the weight of those things argued but that doesn't make them less valid.

For instance, for me lack of so called key apps mean very very little to me. But there are people who really use certain banking apps daily, or watch netflix frequently, or who live on instagram. Lack of apps for them is indeed a VALID argument. I can even disagree with them (which I do) BUT it still is a VALID argument against the Z10 because, at this point, the Z10 doesn't offer them despite the side load work around.

For me, taking away not one but a few experiences that were so uniquely BlackBerry is a VALID argument against the Z10. No BIS, No two-way offline syncing with Outlook and when you do online syncing, BB won't even allow that through their own protocol which is BlackBerry Protect because they also took that away. Hopefully these things will be fixed (except the BIS) but until then, the argument is valid.
    04-01-13 09:40 AM
    Last edited by T_Touch; 04-01-13 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Double Post
    04-01-13 09:41 AM
    Let me say upfront I am returning the Z10 today, so understand that others may have totally different views. Play with one first and decide if you really like swiping for everything. If you like that great. As for me, I thought that although easy to grasp the swiping often required too many steps to do things, so I am not a fan. However, hoping for the future... As to the device itself, I thought the build quality was excellent.
    E_the_CameraMan likes this.
    04-01-13 09:45 AM
    Hey I resemble that remark.
    04-01-13 09:46 AM
    Oh Europeans, I love ya. You get mad when North Americans act like we're the centre of the universe, but I also know it's because you want the world to act like Europe is instead the centre of the universe. :-)
    If they think THEY are the center, rather than us, I am glad in live in the USA! I do not care than much about what they think of us, but then that is what pi$$es them off!
    potatoguy likes this.
    04-01-13 09:49 AM
180 123 ...