My battery life is abismal, eight hours with moderate use and maybe three hours with constant use. Had the battery replaced at the store I purchase from, no change.

Anyone know if BlackBerry plans to release a new, higher amperage battery??

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 09:53 PM
    Do you use a flip cover? Puts the phone to sleep and I fine it helps battery life a lot. I simply carry an extra battery and I am always powered up.
    03-14-13 09:55 PM
    What are you doing on it? I literally have been getting 24 hours out of it with moderate use in my opinion. I just use it for phone calls social media messaging and email, stuff like these posts and the odd game... I can't imagine burning through battery in 3 hours, not after their recent update...

Posted via CB10
    skibnik likes this.
    03-14-13 10:18 PM
    What are you doing on it? I literally have been getting 24 hours out of it with moderate use in my opinion. I just use it for phone calls social media messaging and email, stuff like these posts and the odd game... I can't imagine burning through battery in 3 hours, not after their recent update...

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is ok with medium use. Even without any apps running i lose 10% every 3 hours. I have yahoo and one work email integrated in the HUB. Running on 10.90.
    03-14-13 10:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    The last way that I have found to deplete the battery in less than 8 hours is excessive game playing. I am a sucker for Space Invaders.

I have been averaging over 16 hours of moderate use and over 24 hours of very light use. Standby time is easily over 100 hours before the battery reaches 10% warning.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-14-13 10:27 PM
    Personally I am hoping for a larger battery option. Battery life can never be good enough. Though I do want it to be the same size and work in the external charger

Posted via CB10
    Firefighter0793 likes this.
    03-14-13 11:03 PM
    Battery takes about a week to work in. Also side loaded android apps have a tendency to still run in the background even after you close them. Also check out the forums on improving battery life there are several.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:26 PM
    Yes the battery does take a week to settle in, keep in mind it's not the battery being conditioned, it's the fact that bb10 is going through the files and indexing everything.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-13 11:40 PM
    Let my kid borrow your phone, he will drain the battery in under 2 hours

Other then excessive gaming on the device as mentioned above, the battery should last at the very least a working day and evening with fairly heavy use. This is very acceptable in my books as you would plug it in at night anyways.
    03-15-13 12:37 AM