Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By ThaMunsta
  • 1 Post By dcbo89
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Any plans for s bigger battery?

My battery life is abismal, eight hours with moderate use and maybe three hours with constant use. Had the battery replaced at the store I purchase from, no change.

Anyone know if BlackBerry plans to release a new, higher amperage battery??

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Do you use a flip cover? Puts the phone to sleep and I fine it helps battery life a lot. I simply carry an extra battery and I am always powered up.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts

What are you doing on it? I literally have been getting 24 hours out of it with moderate use in my opinion. I just use it for phone calls social media messaging and email, stuff like these posts and the odd game... I can't imagine burning through battery in 3 hours, not after their recent update...

Posted via CB10
    Samsung SGH D807 > Moto Ming A1200 > Bold 9700 6.0.0.615 > Bold 9900 7.1.0.746 > Z10STL100-3 10.3.0.1052 || PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.1016
    PlayBook 64GB 2.1.0.1753
    skibnik likes this.
    CrackBerry Master

Quote Originally Posted by ThaMunsta View Post
    What are you doing on it? I literally have been getting 24 hours out of it with moderate use in my opinion. I just use it for phone calls social media messaging and email, stuff like these posts and the odd game... I can't imagine burning through battery in 3 hours, not after their recent update...

Posted via CB10
    Battery life is ok with medium use. Even without any apps running i lose 10% every 3 hours. I have yahoo and one work email integrated in the HUB. Running on 10.90.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,169 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThaMunsta View Post

Posted via CB10
    The last way that I have found to deplete the battery in less than 8 hours is excessive game playing. I am a sucker for Space Invaders.

I have been averaging over 16 hours of moderate use and over 24 hours of very light use. Standby time is easily over 100 hours before the battery reaches 10% warning.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,046 Global Posts

Personally I am hoping for a larger battery option. Battery life can never be good enough. Though I do want it to be the same size and work in the external charger

Posted via CB10
    Palm Pre- -----> Palm Pre 3 -----> Limited Edition Zed10
    Firefighter0793 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Battery takes about a week to work in. Also side loaded android apps have a tendency to still run in the background even after you close them. Also check out the forums on improving battery life there are several.

Posted via CB10
    Loving my new Passport!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes the battery does take a week to settle in, keep in mind it's not the battery being conditioned, it's the fact that bb10 is going through the files and indexing everything.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts

Let my kid borrow your phone, he will drain the battery in under 2 hours

Other then excessive gaming on the device as mentioned above, the battery should last at the very least a working day and evening with fairly heavy use. This is very acceptable in my books as you would plug it in at night anyways.