Always hear about being able to pay for purchases with nfc but does anyone know anything about this? I would like to get gas and pay for stuff at Walmart without digging into my pocket.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-21-13 09:37 PM
    I like it for wireless charging
    04-21-13 09:42 PM
    Only certain businesses are set up for it as it is new technology, but, you can sync between devices that way

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:44 PM
    Yeah +1 to this. I would love to take advantage of nfc for payments, but I don't see any apps for this yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:45 PM
    Always hear about being able to pay for purchases with nfc but does anyone know anything about this? I would like to get gas and pay for stuff at Walmart without digging into my pocket.

The only things out there so far is with CIBC and Rogers in Canada. The technology is expensive to put out, so it is not catching on very quickly.

Even on Rogers/CIBC the mobile payments app is not available on the BlackBerry Z10 yet. Hopefully coming this summer.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:46 PM

I haven't, but I am NOT the most techy person out there in terms of being on top of the "latest".

I DO have a few credit cards that have the little chip in them that let you tap on a terminal to pay......not the same, I know, but (?)

However, found

this

and this

looks like folks are "jawing" about it.
    jjaammzz likes this.
    04-21-13 09:46 PM
    I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and am frequently in downtown areas, and have yet to see a single way to use NFC. If I were in some small town, maybe I wouldn't expect to see much NFC stuff...

But I'd link my debit card to my phone, since Visa did approve BB10 for use with it.

It just seems like a really useful feature lurking beneath the surface, waiting to be activated. I could see how NFC mobile payments would be huge. I know some banks have PayWave, where you wave your debit card in front of the payment terminals at checkouts (like grocery stores, gas statins, 7Eleven), and that's how you pay. Would be nice if BlackBerry made a push for more NFC with whatever partners need to be in on it.
    grumpyaeroguy likes this.
    04-21-13 09:56 PM
    I live in a suburb of Los Angeles and am frequently in downtown areas, and have yet to see a single way to use NFC. If I were in some small town, maybe I wouldn't expect to see much NFC stuff...

But I'd link my debit card to my phone, since Visa did approve BB10 for use with it.

It just seems like a really useful feature lurking beneath the surface, waiting to be activated. I could see how NFC mobile payments would be huge. I know some banks have PayWave, where you wave your debit card in front of the payment terminals at checkouts (like grocery stores, gas statins, 7Eleven), and that's how you pay. Would be nice if BlackBerry made a push for more NFC with whatever partners need to be in on it.
    what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    04-21-13 09:58 PM
    I like it for wireless charging
    Uh, what? 0.o

I don't use NFC. It has always been something I've been uncomfortable with.
    04-21-13 10:01 PM
    I know in Canada McDonalds and Royal Bank will be the first companies to offer it mainstream.
    04-21-13 10:01 PM
    Have been using nfc payments in McDonald's, 7-11 and a few other places. If the card swipe had a pad above it, that is the nfc activation panel. But your payment has to be set up in your phone for it.
    04-21-13 10:04 PM
    My router died last night, I went to best buy today to pick up a new one. Apparently, the new Linksys routers come with a NFC card you can use to get on to your wifi network. It was a great surprise to find that in the box. Finally gave me a reason to use my NFC.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 10:08 PM
    Wireless charging? How are you doing that?
    04-21-13 10:12 PM
    sorry for the late reply but yea I definatly would love to show off my Z10 in stores. The sneaker store called finish line uses some Google payment app too. And how is this guy charging his phone through nfc? Lol

04-21-13 10:37 PM
    sorry for the late reply but yea I definatly would love to show off my Z10 in stores. The sneaker store called finish line uses some Google payment app too. And how is this guy charging his phone through nfc? Lol

LOL, for guys like him, NFC should stand for Not For Charging.
    vincentkezel likes this.
    04-21-13 10:54 PM
    it's very useful to enter your house and have your device automatically begin charging wirelessly... best feature via nfc I've experienced

Kah
    04-21-13 11:58 PM
    I used Google wallet almost exclusively for the last 4 months on my nexus 4 and loved it! Hmm mm wonder if I can side load it ***scratches head***

Via Zed using CB10
    04-22-13 12:42 AM
    I used Google wallet almost exclusively for the last 4 months on my nexus 4 and loved it! Hmm mm wonder if I can side load it ***scratches head***

Via Zed using CB10
    Hey hey that's what it's called Google wallet. I could've sworn wallet was available for BlackBerry. Anyone recall this? Or maybe I'm just smoking crack. I searched and searched for it and couldn't find the app. I even Googled Google wallet for BlackBerry and someone said it was discontinued.

04-22-13 11:08 PM