Has any of you folks information about carriers listing the Z10?
    I can't believe that Blackberrys are totally forgotten here .... -.-
    01-16-13 04:40 AM
    nope, sorry
    but i'd like to know that as well O.o

but im pretty sure tmobile, o2 and vodafone will have BB10, at least i hope so
    currently on o2, wondering if i should switch to tmobile or not : /
    01-16-13 04:46 AM
    I'm also waiting for info. Only news that popped up so far was this article mentioning a device called "Liverpool" that T-Mobile is said to be testing.

Currently I'm on Vodafone's CallYa Smartphone prepaid service. Wondering if that will also work with BB10 ...
    01-16-13 05:27 AM
    I will buy it from amazon and go to smartmobil.de. They have BIS for 5� extra and no contract bindings. I am done with these 2 year binding contracts.

T-Mobile didnt know anything about the Z10 when i asked them last week (store, hotline and e-mail)
    Taigatrommel and pallox like this.
    01-16-13 05:34 AM
    Well, same here.
    I'm on o2 right now and I don't waste time thinking about switching the carrier. Like Badabaeng I thought about buying it at amazon and use it with my o2 contract. If I get more attractive contracts offered, I'll switch right away. The article sbndrf mentioned scares me a bit, since the specs are without LTE :/
    01-21-13 05:55 AM
    o2 stated on their forums they can't comment any BB10 availability as of now.
    I'm going to. Buy it directly via Amazon anyways.
    pallox likes this.
    01-21-13 06:11 AM
    So I got the answer via email from T-Mobile that there are no informations about BB10 right now and they will inform the customers in the medias. Another thread in the supprt-forum from telekom said that they have no plans to offer BB10-phones in Q1.

My opinion is that these are tactical answers - I doubt that the German carriers are willing to wait for release til april or mai - Germany is obviously less important than UK for rim but still has a BB-fanbase - and T-Mobile is businesspartner for rim.

Maybe we'll be surprised on Jan. 30. with a release-date a la Apple - available in x days....
    Taigatrommel and pallox like this.
    01-21-13 08:26 AM
    Well, I don't expect any information 'in the media'. Looks like I have to get an unlocked phone from overseas and get it to work in Germany.
    I must admit, that I'm a bit pissed about our carriers. Show them an Apple device and they go kissass. Mention Blackberry they go tilt. Unbelievable.
    On the other hand I understand their acting. People in Germany don't want Blackberrys except us few. Every guy I know using a Blackberry complains about his phone saying things like 'it's too slow', 'showing hourglass all the time', 'no cool apps', etc. Many of them already migrated to Android or iOS and they swear never to get back again. So why waste time and money on something people don't want? In Germany giving average people a good ticking-off works just perfectly. 99% of German media journals are iOS and Android sycophants, you won't read any good about products of RIM.
    However that be... I really hope we get 1. a countdown like laverda said and 2. the LTE device with the same specs like the Amercias model.
    01-22-13 04:39 AM
    As I was reading that SwissCom starts BB10 in the beginning of march, I'm confident that the main carriers in germany are also in the game within the next four or five weeks. That would be ok for me, although I'm already qualified for an upgrade since Dez 2012. We didn't hear an single word from any carrier here concerning BB10 - and afaik in Germany pre-sales are not very usual or popular, they are going to open their mouth after Jan. 30th. On the other hand T-Mobile just announced the new Curve for release in february... So BlackBerry seams not to be dead for german carriers...

Media-credits are growing here each day: "golem.de", "zdnet", even "spiegel-online" or "Welt" and even "Bild" --> BB10 is definitely worth a headline...

And the question of LTE or non-LTE-Z10 in Germany: it would be suicide for T-Mob oder Vodafone not to support their LTE-investments with each and every new device which is LTE-capable.
    Last edited by laverda; 01-23-13 at 08:50 AM.
    01-23-13 08:38 AM
    I really hope you are right, since it makes sense that selling non-LTE devices would be a fault. But not the carriers decide about the devices, it's Blackberry who does.
    Let's have a look at the Playbook. It's now available in Canada and the US for quite a time as a 4G device. So far, so good. Since a couple of months we got also a SIM supporting Playbook here - a "3g+" device. I mean: What the heck?! Personally, it makes no sense for me. You have to produce two different devices, which increases production costs and sell a poorer device in a region, where Blackberry is already suffering like ****. Then we got some Blackberry blogs, which tried to tell why a 4G device makes no sense in Europe. Again: What the heck?! Why should we take a less modern device? Even if LTE still is not that big in Europe a 4G device also supports 3G in regions without LTE.
    Next: Bold 99xx 4G. At release of the Bold 9900 I was pretty sure that I read about 4G support in the specs. Well the Bold released in Germany. Without LTE. First I was calm cause I got the information that the Bold in the US hasn't LTE, too. But later devices did support 4G. I was really disappointed that I was unable to get one in Germany.
    Since those stories I really can't believe in a LTE blackberry device in Germany. I want to. But something tells me that it won't be reality at least the first half of this year.
    01-25-13 06:25 AM
    Now the rumours start spreading:-)
    According to several sources Vodafone is going to start the Z10-Release in february, followed by T-Mobile in march.

And the sources are speaking about the Liverpool-Device, which should be LTE-capable --> www.berryme.de http://www.techgeek-live.de/2013/01/...ei-vodafonede/

Sounds pretty good - although it could not be too early:-)
    anon(3879737) and pallox like this.
    01-25-13 07:00 AM
    Thanks a lot for these really exciting informations!
    Well, hopefully the rumours are true and Blackberry is going to have a huge comeback!

Let's see if our crackberry reporters are aware of this as well
    01-25-13 08:19 AM
    I really hope you are right, since it makes sense that selling non-LTE devices would be a fault. But not the carriers decide about the devices, it's Blackberry who does.
    Let's have a look at the Playbook. It's now available in Canada and the US for quite a time as a 4G device. So far, so good. Since a couple of months we got also a SIM supporting Playbook here - a "3g+" device. I mean: What the heck?! Personally, it makes no sense for me. You have to produce two different devices, which increases production costs and sell a poorer device in a region, where Blackberry is already suffering like ****.
    A couple of points, it is the carriers that will decide which bb10 models they carry rather than Rim and as far as the updated playbook, it is a device with very limited availability and thus not worth their time adding a 3rd variant since they could not have simply gone with the same model as NA due to the different LTE bands supported and not many countries would have been that interested in LTE last year so the HSPA model was still needed.
    01-25-13 08:47 AM
    A couple of points, it is the carriers that will decide which bb10 models they carry rather than Rim and as far as the updated playbook, it is a device with very limited availability and thus not worth their time adding a 3rd variant since they could not have simply gone with the same model as NA due to the different LTE bands supported and not many countries would have been that interested in LTE last year so the HSPA model was still needed.
    I think this is not totally true. Afaik RIM provides a defined range of phones to the carriers. Then, carriers decide which of the offered phones they support. E.g. I haven't see a Playbook sold by a carrier in Germany. Neither the Wifi nor the 3g+ device. It was only avaiable at media stores or e-shops like amazon and all of them were free devices, no branding. That's worlds apart to what you described, or am I wrong?
    01-25-13 09:45 AM
    This would be so awesome. I need this phone now. Come on Vodafone!!! Pls Early February!!

I wouldn�t say BB is dead in Germany. Just out of peoples mind. Need to be refreshed. I�ll spread the word!!
    Last edited by Smartie020; 01-26-13 at 05:52 PM.
    01-26-13 08:36 AM
    I think this is not totally true. Afaik RIM provides a defined range of phones to the carriers. Then, carriers decide which of the offered phones they support. E.g. I haven't see a Playbook sold by a carrier in Germany. Neither the Wifi nor the 3g+ device. It was only avaiable at media stores or e-shops like amazon and all of them were free devices, no branding. That's worlds apart to what you described, or am I wrong?
    The carriers will still be the ones deciding what to carry, they will have been offered the playbook (at least the 3g+ model) and will have passed on it so you only see it offered online, as far as the bb10 handsets Rim are not going to want to throw away sales by trying to force one variant or the other onto a carrier and will have offered them the choice of the HSPA or a RoW LTE variant and I would bet money on all the German carriers having picked the LTE model.
    pallox likes this.
    01-26-13 09:04 AM
    The carriers will still be the ones deciding what to carry, they will have been offered the playbook (at least the 3g+ model) and will have passed on it so you only see it offered online, as far as the bb10 handsets Rim are not going to want to throw away sales by trying to force one variant or the other onto a carrier and will have offered them the choice of the HSPA or a RoW LTE variant and I would bet money on all the German carriers having picked the LTE model.
    Let's hope you won't lose the money
    01-27-13 11:48 AM
    Where in germany are you located?
    01-27-13 01:56 PM
    Where in germany are you located?
    Near Frankfurt/Main, why?
    01-28-13 10:20 AM
    I�m dying. No infos about launch date in other countries -.-
    01-30-13 11:08 AM
    Just got a tweet form Vodafone. There are saying it�coming in February!
    Attached Thumbnails Any information about Z10 in Germany?-bildschirmfoto-2013-01-30-um-18.30.43.jpg  
    01-30-13 11:32 AM
    ohhh February, but I want an unlocked BB10 device. Speaking of BB10, when will the launch event video be available? Any time soon? Since the info about the postponed launch I was excited about the launch event on 30th, but just yesterday at 4 pm (MST) I had to write my exam.
    01-31-13 07:00 AM
    Launch Event Video

For me its ok to wait a few weeks now.
    There are too many Questions i have no Answers for at the Moment. BIS, Data Compression...Security...Tethering WiFi PlayBook with a not tether Contract...Real eMail Push....unique PINs anymore?...etc..

Sadly i sell my 9780 and use my 8900 at the Moment. Maybe i buy a 9790, or a 9900...or any normal Smartphone like a ....(i dont remeber the Names) ...and start taking a 10Euro Monthly Contract instead 40Euro/Month for 24Month.
    01-31-13 07:08 AM
    01-31-13 07:11 AM
    THX THX THX THX THX
    02-01-13 10:21 AM
86 123 ...