US needs to be the focus for dollar spend on marketing.

BB commercials are not memorable. They are too dry. Highlight feature but make it amusing (Samsung has some great commercials).
    07-04-13 09:51 AM
    A bunch of college kids taking pictures using the time shift feature. They could be making faces and deciding which to version to post to their BBM channel or FB.

Honeymoon couple or retired couple creating a slide show with StoryMaker and showing to their friends.

Teenagers having a flicking contest.

Posted via CB10 ~ visit my portrait channel C0011B779
    I like this one

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 06:01 PM
    Here lies an opportunity for Crackberry to become an even bigger outlet. Get liaisons in every major city would be a start. Events in all for a major campaign then comes the different lifestyles commercial.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 08:38 PM
    BB should 'hide' a Z10 inside an iPhone style case, then have reps take it down to Wall Street and show it off on street corners to the broker crowd .... introducing it as a prototype for the iPhone 7 ! Have hidden cameras and mics to capture the excessive positive reactions.

Then from across the country, show Jay Leno in LA doing his 'Man on the Street' segment, showing off a completely undisguised BB Z10 (except for removed logo) with the same questions ... 'We want to get your opinion on the new iPhone?! '
    xBURK, Jerale Hoard, BL3 and 1 others like this.
    07-04-13 09:08 PM
    I'd like to see a commercial that goes like this:
    A guy wakes up to his BlackBerry alarm going off. He sits up, stretches, and grabs his BlackBerry off the dock. As he does, the phone turns into a personal assistant who assists the guy all day long. Scheduling events, sending dictated emails, organizing all of your messages and contacts, carrying around every note or list you may need and of course anything else you may need in your everyday life or that shows off the ability of BB10. Then at night, before the guy goes to bed, the assistant turn back into a Z10 and is placed on the dock and put into bedside mode.
    BlackBerry needs to figure out how to instill that "want" into people. Give them a wow factor that makes them want that BlackBerry over other devices. It's not as challenging as it seems. I've noticed that a lot of average people with smart phones very rarely use a device to its full potential. These are the people who you can convince easier to get a new device. Show them something simple they can do with device, that they may not be doing, but would if they knew about it. For example; people are very impressed when I open my family BBM Group to find my wife has made me a grocery list to pick up on the way home. Something I've been using as long as I can remember, and yet there are still a lot of BlackBerry users who don't know you can make interactive lists with the BBM Groups. That's one example and there are plenty more everyday uses that aren't used everyday. I know this because on a daily basis I am asked about something I am doing on my phone that I do everyday which usually ends up impressing the person asking. If I can impress people everyday with my Z10, then BlackBerry should be able to as well.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and Bossberry222 like this.
    07-04-13 09:21 PM

or

No.

Not at all in fact. The idea is to be up front with BlackBerry's fall from popularity. Show the history of the * company*, NOT the user's history with the company's product (which is what your links are all about).

The idea is to rebuild the blackberry brand by showing the company as the protagonist in a comeback story.

This would immediately deflate the giant elephant in the room when anyone talks about BlackBerry.

This is very different than your links.

By the way, I think the ideas in the links you posted are great ones. Just wanted to point out how they differ from mine.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mnc76; 07-05-13 at 01:37 AM.
    07-04-13 09:22 PM
    Hah thats so clever, i dont know if its legal to do that but very interesting if they actually did it.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:23 PM
    Just thought of a cool one, team up with brad pitt, he just finished the movie world war z. The movie is still in theatres but he could do an add getting chased by zombies and using the Z10 to get help.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-13 09:34 PM
    I agree, that marketing ist without any spirit at the moment. I can�t see any differences between Samsung, BB oder Microsoft Ads.
    Marketing has to be more aggressive, surprising, funny and unique. If the commercials are pretty good, you don�t need massive TV presence, because YouTube Links will be sent from user to user.

Marketing has to send three Messages:

1. We are back, greater than ever!
    2. We are secure!
    3. We are compatible!

1. We are back

- Think about a "Terminator" I�ll be back commercial

- Reinvent the Apple 1984 commercial:

Green and white uniformed people are wired to "BigBrother" and a black knight cuts these wires: BlackBerry protects your data

2. Security Ads

- BlackBerry inside? NSA outside!
    - Internet not secure enough? Use the BlackBerry NOC

Or make a contract with some special celebs:

Julian Assange: BlackBerry - No leak inside
    Kim "DotCom" Schmitz - They can search my house, but not my Mega BlackBerry

3. We are compatible

You are missing Apps? Sideload and execute them on your BB10 BlackBerry
    07-07-13 06:50 AM
    It would be nice to see Donald Trump use a BlackBerry on The Apprentice or the dragons use BlackBerrys on the Dragons Den. Serious business type people.
    Oh and it would be awesome If they were sponsoring a soccer team in the EPL, preferably Arsenal lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 07:14 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=816217

Here's my idea of a Commercial with Batman (aka the Dark Knight).

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jerale Hoard; 07-07-13 at 10:09 AM.
    07-07-13 09:58 AM
    It would be nice to see Donald Trump use a BlackBerry on The Apprentice or the dragons use BlackBerrys on the Dragons Den. Serious business type people.
    Oh and it would be awesome If they were sponsoring a soccer team in the EPL, preferably Arsenal lol.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 10:05 AM
    Elements for a commercial

1) A guy throwing temper tantrum because of his legacy devices keep crashing. Another guy walks by with a BlackBerry Z10 in hand and says "It's time" or "Time for a new BlackBerry don't you think??".

2) Same thing above but this time it's with an iPhone. A girl has an iPhone and her homebutton becomes dysfunctional. Guy walks up to her, hands her a BlackBerry Z10 and says "time to ditch the button" or "How about just using the touchscreen?"

3) A guy has a Android device with SwypeKey. Guy with the BlackBerry Z10 walks up with his BlackBerry Z10 and challenges the guy with the Android and wins. He walks away and says "Nothing beats BlackBerry's typing experience".

I have more but this is just a few I came up with

Posted via CB10
    Bossberry222 likes this.
    07-07-13 01:59 PM
    Two city slickers meet outside a tall office block, both wearing phone holsters. At this point we don't know what they're packing. They face each other gunslinger style and draw. One guy drops to his knees, a look of disbelief on his face as an iphone or generic Android drops from his hand. BLACKBERRY, FOR WHEN FAST JUST AINT FAST ENOUGH!

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354 on O2 UK
    Bossberry222, xBURK and Obi_El like this.
    07-07-13 02:12 PM
    Guy gardiner thats the best commercial add ive ever heard. Did u come up with that on your own?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 03:20 PM
    BB should 'hide' a Z10 inside an iPhone style case, then have reps take it down to Wall Street and show it off on street corners to the broker crowd .... introducing it as a prototype for the iPhone 7 ! Have hidden cameras and mics to capture the excessive positive reactions.

Then from across the country, show Jay Leno in LA doing his 'Man on the Street' segment, showing off a completely undisguised BB Z10 (except for removed logo) with the same questions ... 'We want to get your opinion on the new iPhone?! '
    Genius idea. BlackBerry get on it!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-13 03:31 PM
    Guy gardiner thats the best commercial add ive ever heard. Did u come up with that on your own?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, yeah, it just occurred to me lol. It would be even better if we could slip Dwayne Johnson in there though. I think we all agree, we've missed the people's eyebrow.

Z10STL100-2/10.1.0.2354 on O2 UK
    Bossberry222 likes this.
    07-07-13 04:43 PM
    I think a novel tact would be to address the fact they are behind and that they are working to make people "Take a look at the new BlackBerry". Or "Fall in love with BlackBerry all over again".

They should show a short story detailing the company's inception as a tiny business started why students, to a major player, their fall, and then how BB10 is "The new bb".

People love a comeback story.

It's risky but I think people would respond to it. Make it a real tear jerker.

Posted via CB10
    I think this would be a mistake, it just calls attention to BlackBerry's failings in the recent past. Remember "This Is Not Your Father's Oldsmobile"? Look where that got them. If the commercials make any reference to the past it should only be in terms of BlackBerry's past awesomeness. Why put yourself down?

One thing to keep in mind with ads is the principal idea is to elicit an emotional response in the viewer and then somehow link that with your product. Feature comparisons and whatnot don't really move the needle that much. Look at Apple's ads, they tell you about a feature but also show you smiling, beautiful people using it to connect with each other. Don't you want to be a smiling beautiful person with many people who love you? Or, maybe even more effective, they make you feel like a dork if you use their competitor's product. It's all about the emotional response. Facts schmacts.
    07-07-13 05:41 PM
    This actually came from a CrackBerry article but I've decided to share cuz i think it'll be a great commercial

"What's happening with BlackBerry is a lot like the girl who dates her high school sweetheart. He's a bit chubby and a bad dresser, but he's great at conversation. Eventually a new kid comes along. He dresses better, looks better and steals her heart for the moment. But after a while, something just isn't quite right. The girl isn't able to communicate with the new guy like she used to communicate with her old chubby boyfriend.

Summer holidays come and go, and the girl goes back to school in September. To her surprise, the once-chubby kid has been working out, and he's dressing a lot better. Yet he's the same sweet guy that communicates with her so well. Her heart is captured again, and she's back to her first love. (BlackBerry is Back by CrackBerry.com)"

This would be perfect for an advertisement.

Posted via CB10
    Bossberry222 likes this.
    07-07-13 08:58 PM
    I think this would be a mistake, it just calls attention to BlackBerry's failings in the recent past. Remember "This Is Not Your Father's Oldsmobile"? Look where that got them. If the commercials make any reference to the past it should only be in terms of BlackBerry's past awesomeness. Why put yourself down?

One thing to keep in mind with ads is the principal idea is to elicit an emotional response in the viewer and then somehow link that with your product. Feature comparisons and whatnot don't really move the needle that much. Look at Apple's ads, they tell you about a feature but also show you smiling, beautiful people using it to connect with each other. Don't you want to be a smiling beautiful person with many people who love you? Or, maybe even more effective, they make you feel like a dork if you use their competitor's product. It's all about the emotional response. Facts schmacts.
    I see what your saying for sure (I mention that this is a risky idea in my original post), but if done right, it could be very emotional and deflate the whole "Isn't BlackBerry already out of Business?" elephant in the room whenever BlackBerry is mentioned.

But I agree, it's very risky, but also very ballsy

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 07:43 PM
    I'm back with another idea. I'm not sure if someone already said this but here an advertisement idea

What if there was a commercial similar to a car commercial?? BlackBerry could show off its hardware design by comparing it to the innovative design of a Porsche, for the software they could compare the car's dashboard (with QNX) to the phones software, compare the car's security system to BlackBerry's top of the line security by showing BlackBerry Balance and Protect, and for the 4G LTE they could compare it to the cars speed millage. Towards the end the catch phrase can be " The most intuitive phone yet. BlackBerry - Keep Moving".

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jerale Hoard; 07-10-13 at 05:55 PM.
    07-10-13 04:35 PM
    I think a take off on the old apple/pc commercials but the BlackBerry guy gets **** done!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:52 PM
    BlackBerry is bloody boring that's the problem, still fixated with work work work, advertising to consumers about work.

Grow a pair and lighten up, at least Steve jobs could take a dig at his own OS, instead, BlackBerry launch bb10 and can't out OS7 to bed.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:54 PM
    Reinact the old pc vs mac commercial, cept do it with the red fruit vs black fruit.

Hit apple hard with the lack of multi tasking, and make it funny! It would be gold. They can even mock Siri.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 04:56 PM
49 12