With the sale going on at CrackBerryUnlocking, I am seriously considering unlocking my Z10 and using it on my trip to NYC in July. I seen on TMobile that they offer Unlimited Talk, Text and Data for 3$ a day on a Pay as you Go plan. Question is, if I am not a resident of the USA, will I be able to purchase a pay-as-you-go SIM card and use these services?? Do any other carriers in the USA offer any similar services? There's nothing I hate more than having my Z10 on airplane mode while travelling!!
    06-13-13 01:12 PM
    To answer your question--yes. You should be able to purchase the prepaid $3 per day service. But also see this thread from someone in a (somewhat) similar ituation as you.
    06-13-13 01:49 PM
    Thanks! I searched all over and didn't find that thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 02:21 PM
    My recommendation is deal with Tmobiles MVNO's such as roammobility. I had a trip earlier this year, simply popped in the roammobility sim card, paid my $4 & I had data/voice/text without complication.

Of course you do need to have an unlocked phone.

EDIT: not sure if its allowed if not remove the referral, but if you signup for roammobility and use someones referral link (like mine below), we both get one free day of service:

Travel Free from USA Roaming Fees - Roam Mobility
    06-13-13 02:24 PM
    Thanks! I searched all over and didn't find that thread.
    You're welcome. If you wouldn't need to call/text back home, the $3/day plan should do you good. If not, then check out the option that was discussed in the other thread. I forget which service it was, but it was $4 and including at least texting, maybe calling also, to Canada. But the trade-off was a lower data limit.
    laserx likes this.
    06-13-13 02:27 PM
    Yes I've used it and it works amazing!

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 02:29 PM
    Thanks guys! I just unlocked my phone so I'll be good to go!
    06-13-13 03:41 PM
    My recommendation is deal with Tmobiles MVNO's such as roammobility. I had a trip earlier this year, simply popped in the roammobility sim card, paid my $4 & I had data/voice/text without complication.

Of course you do need to have an unlocked phone.

EDIT: not sure if its allowed if not remove the referral, but if you signup for roammobility and use someones referral link (like mine below), we both get one free day of service:

Travel Free from USA Roaming Fees - Roam Mobility
    I just signed up for Roam Mobility and ordered a sim card... I used the referral link and got 3$ off... You probably have a credit on your account since I signed up. Thanks for posting the link!!
    06-17-13 07:27 AM