hi there guyz I want to know if there is any app who lets to allow other user to track your location real time anywhere in the world accurately ofcourse user will be in trusted contacts.? paid or free both option but need the best opinion
    02-26-16 02:39 PM
    You can use the user's BlackBerry ID to locate the phone at anytime using BlackBerry Protect, as long as the phone has an active data connection. There are also apps in BlackBerry World that can track and record the position of the phone, but GPS apps tend to consume a lot of battery power.
    02-26-16 03:57 PM
    Many options exist but the solution depends mostly upon your preference of how that tracking is initiated and whether you're looking for same platform solutions or simple SMS requests.

The built in method using Glympse in BBM is very accurate but is limited in 4 hour intervals and is heavy on battery consumption. You initiate the tracking.

If you're not adverse to Android apps and you're looking for something closer to Google Latitude of days past then Life360 is a good alternative. It's set and forget basically. Both users install the app (it's cross platform) and invites are given within a circle. Once set... that's it. Opening the app then shows tracking of all within your circle.

HeimwegHelden is a nice BlackBerry 10 solution but it's not cross platform unfortunately.

Others alternatives include those like Mapshot10 which will send your location to your allowed recipient but only when they request it via sms or email. Follow Me allows you to send location via SMS at specified intervals but is initiated by you. BBW will demonstrate a variety of those options. So lots of choices, it just depends on what your preference of sharing and battery considerations are.

That should give you a start and hope you find some of the info useful.
    02-26-16 11:26 PM