Well, I have had it ll day now. This being my first touch phone, again, I had no problem adapting. it is fun watching some others I let play with the phone who are used to Iphones and Samsungs struggling and saying GRRRRR everytime they look for the home key.
    02-05-13 07:30 PM
    Dlanod
    CrackBerry User
    Posts92 PostsGlobal Posts105 Global Posts
    01-30-2013,*05:13 PM
    #33**
    Windows phone is actually pretty good. I have one and I like it apart from not yet having Spotify. Was set on a Z10 until today and think I'll just stick with my iOS WP 8 combo for now.

Does this mean their is no receipt for a Z10 as per post #33 above, I'm confused.
    You're not the only one. I'm further confused because of time frame and other comments the OP also has made. Either a Troll or a confused individual:

01-30-2013, 06:03 PM he posted:
    "Actually the much more powerful Nexus 4 is actually �200 cheaper. Frankly you'd need to be mad to pick this over a N4."

01-30-2013, 06:13 PM He posted:
    "Windows phone is actually pretty good. I have one and I like it apart from not yet having Spotify. Was set on a Z10 until today and think I'll just stick with my iOS WP 8 combo for now." (yet later he says he has an S3 and orders a Nexus 4)

01-31-2013, 08:53 AM (a day later, and he ordered a Nexus, he claims) He posted:
    "Had a play with various ones in my lunch hour. Not impressed. And man the screen is dim. Nexus 4 ordered. And with the �200 saved I'm happy."

02-02-2013, 07:28 AM (2 days before this current thread) He posted:
    The lights and the profiles was what kept me coming back to BB. This and the hopelessly complicated message navigation reported by Kevin's review means that I'm staying away.
    My S3 (he ordered a Nexus 2 days ago) can do all of this now. There are predictions in the tech world that BlackBerry is finished. I have to say I agree. I fear in 18 months they'll be gone - bought by someone who'll continue to develop the software platform for enterprise use with iOS and Android and perhaps Windows Phone.
    Pity.

02-02-2013, 07:58 AM Same day He posted:
    Sadly there will be a lot of goodbyes to BlackBerry. This may be a new OS. But as far as users are concerned, they expect the good features they had, and some new better ones. Not a net loss. I endured the Playbook fiasco. I'm not doing that again. ( Yet a day later he posts this thread claiming to have had a Z10 for a couple of days)
    Bye bye BlackBerry from me too. (He started the current thread a day later and in it says he has had the Z10 a couple of days, yet based on the previous posts, he still doesn't want one)

Nuff said, too many obvious holes in this story. These guys are growing like weeds.
    02-05-13 07:43 PM
    I think the people who are saying that BB10 is a baby in it's infancy is just grasping at straws. I've been in the tech industry for 30 years and I cannot believe the amount of people who accept flaws. I understand bugs are part of the game, but YOU SPENT MONEY on something, it should work. To give the excuse of that its in it's infancy is just coming up with excuses. I haven't had any issues with my Z10 yet, but it's only been a few days and it hasn't gone through a full week of work. When and if it does start experiencing issues, I complain. I complain to the company, then I go onto boards like this and post my findings. I may not do that here because if you post one negative thing, you are a called a troll. At least that's what I've read on other posts.
    It seems unlikely you have been in the industry for thirty years. I have programmed, built systems, did networks and on. Tech can be solid but rarely is the first attempt 100% for everybody. When programming it is extremely hard to iron out all bugs especially now due to the amount of code lines, time constraints and dearth of beta testers. It simply is not possible in the current environment. If the market moved slower you would see more solid launches and most rock solid OS's are actually quite old and have been beat to death for bugs.

Apple, Google and lord knows Microsoft have had a lot of launch issues and software is prone to incompatibility problems especially in an open ecosystem. Apple has a closed system and they still had enormous issues which is why they grabbed a Unix variant and built from there. Even DOS and early Apple GUI's are overlays on older kernels. As they say not much is new under the sun just shinier pigs.
    rotorwrench likes this.
    02-05-13 09:54 PM
    Well, I have had it ll day now. This being my first touch phone, again, I had no problem adapting. it is fun watching some others I let play with the phone who are used to Iphones and Samsungs struggling and saying GRRRRR everytime they look for the home key.
    Thats not a particularly good thing, if the curve to use the phone is so high that seasoned smartphone users cant simply pickup the device and use it then it will most likely be rejected. This is why Apple has a major advantage over every rival (something Samsung tries so hard to copy), their products are so simple to use that a 3 year old can use it, as well as a 70 year old retiree and still offer plenty for veteran power users.
    h20work likes this.
    02-05-13 10:31 PM
    I will not get one until whatsapp, bloomberg, bb travel,idos and some other apps are here. My 9900 is an efficient monster and is the best phone on the market for messaging as a whole and no phone handles whatsapp as well either. Nobody is going to buy that phone if it doesn't have things like whatsapp here in Europe. That is how I communicate with all my friends in different countries and most of my friends back in the USA.

I'd use a curve 9320 instead of a z10 until it gets these abilities.
    As one of the minority on these forums lately, I actually use my bb for business. They left out way too much on bb10. The profiles/notifications, delete on handheld/server, and now no bb travel.

I'm guessing they are waiting for the developer (themselves) to see if it's worth redoing bb travel... I don't care about fb, twitter, social media. I need banking apps, quicken access, and bb travel.

So people keep bring up apple and android. What features have either removed when they updated their os's?
    02-05-13 10:52 PM
    Instead of returning your Z10, try listing it on eBay first
    02-05-13 11:01 PM
    I wonder if some of these so called BB10 phone owners are really hacks just wanting to wreck BlackBerry comeback because they can't stand to see a new BB take a bite out of the other guys A. S. S. Give it time on the apps. My god did the fruit guys have a billion apps over night? NO!

Just a bunch of spoiled babies!
    02-05-13 11:17 PM
    Why do you need a NEWS app? Just use the browser and get the full web page.
    Maybe you were used to using an iPhone where you could not view the entire web content due to lack of flash?
    Why do we need weather apps? I can look outside, or use my browser. Why does bbry need Alec Saunders?
    02-05-13 11:39 PM
    I wonder if some of these so called BB10 phone owners are really hacks just wanting to wreck BlackBerry comeback because they can't stand to see a new BB take a bite out of the other guys A. S. S. Give it time on the apps. My god did the fruit guys have a billion apps over night? NO!

Just a bunch of spoiled babies!
    I would guess many of the complainers are. granted i have not been on these forums long myself, but a lot of these posters have 2-3 posts to their name and all they do is spout off things that are not even true.
    I have seen a dozen posts about OMG battery life sux, when I have had the thing on since a bought it this morning, and have not put it down since fully charging it. Downloading, streaming, everything.

A lot of them are just fake accounts like this guy. Someone already quoted his many many contradicting posts.
    02-05-13 11:45 PM
    Instead of returning your Z10, try listing it on eBay first
    You've got to actually own one before you can return it.
    02-06-13 12:12 AM
    Wow, where did you learn math from? 40% were android, which mean 60% is the 'handful' of native BB10 apps? I was pleasantly surprised to find out that developers actually took the time to make native apps, and ONLY 40% were ported android apps. That actually shows some commitment from developers.
    Maybe the same place you learned grammar.
    02-07-13 08:30 PM
161 ... 567