- CrackBerry Addict
02-04-2013, 03:42 PM #126Pete
- 716 Posts
AT&T / Z10 STL100-3 / 10.3.1.1154
Just chill the hell out. It's pretty bad when I'M the voice of reason. lol - Bla1ze
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-04-2013, 04:02 PM #127
- 206 Posts
I am buying mine tomorrow, and got to play with 1 today!
Since I have never used a touch phone before for more than 2 minutes, I had no bad habits to unlearn.
Quite honestly, I did not find it had much of a learning curve(it was quite elementary). Maybe if you use other phones constantly and are already used to doing things a certain way.
Pretty much any time I have heard of a new phone coming out, I hear the initial complaints of features, and then they fix it with a simple patch a week later. I don't see how this will be any different
- 02-04-2013, 05:19 PM #128
- CrackBerry User
02-04-2013, 05:28 PM #129
- 22 Posts
People will always complain and never get satisfied even if what they get is near perfect. That's human nature! Doesn't bother me though, getting the Z10 with/without all the bugs. yay! LOLThe Desire to be important...
- 02-04-2013, 06:26 PM #130See a problem? Click the report button and tell us what it is!Devices: SPH-A620/VGA 1000, Sanyo Katana, BlackBerry 8330, 9630, 9670, MB855 Photon, SPH-L710 Galaxy SIII. SPH-L720T* Galaxy S4Bacon is the duct tape for food!
- 02-04-2013, 07:32 PM #131Sent from my NEW PASSPORT
or a soon to be BB10 PlayBook
- BlackBerry Curve 8530 (Virgin Mobile) - BlackBerry Bold 9900 (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry PlayBook 64 gig - BlackBerry Z10[/B] (T-Mobile) - BlackBerry Z30 WHITE (Unlocked) - Blackberry Passport (Unlocked)
- CrackBerry Newbie
02-04-2013, 08:09 PM #132
- 1 Posts
Why so fussy?? :s
I still don't understand how many apps you could possibly need that makes it such a concern. It is a phone!!! Im 25 and the only apps i care about are Facebook, twitter, goal.com & games to fiddle with when im on the bus or something (im in UK). Other apps i need like maps are inbuilt already. I understand that you may have more needs & some apps we're used to are missing, but the phone works fine, its beautiful, i get my mail and use documents to go. Great mobile computing. What do I need a billion apps for when the fone can only take about 20 anyway?
Last edited by flocaine; 02-04-2013 at 09:05 PM.
- 02-04-2013, 09:02 PM #133
I think you need to be aware that you are on the bleeding edge of technology buying a mobile device on its launch. Yes there is a shortage of relevant apps, no Skype, or Whatsapp, both of which are really relevant in our business. Yes I am concerned about the battery life. But the beauty of our world is, if you don't like it send it back. You did not like it, thats fine. I had a crowd of 10 people in the Admirals Club last night watching an improptu demo (not that I can do that much, but i CAN navigate well after 2 days with the device) and people stopping me in the airport asking what that phone was. And the consistent comment was," I am blackberry, I will buy that". Now at the same time I am rocking a Note and a Sony ZL, so don't take me for a fanboy. But there is a niche for this device and there are people who want it, and lets let the water find its own level. Comments by the OP about another one going back are really not relevant, sorry mate, but your personal problem with the device is... your personal opinion, no more, no less. Carry on.
- 02-05-2013, 09:59 AM #137Carrier controlled updates is the worst smartphone spec of them all
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-05-2013, 10:14 AM #138
- 277 Posts
I'd use a curve 9320 instead of a z10 until it gets these abilities.
- 02-05-2013, 10:32 AM #139
Posts92 PostsGlobal Posts105 Global Posts
Windows phone is actually pretty good. I have one and I like it apart from not yet having Spotify. Was set on a Z10 until today and think I'll just stick with my iOS WP 8 combo for now.
Does this mean their is no receipt for a Z10 as per post #33 above, I'm confused.Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- 02-05-2013, 10:35 AM #140Negative thinking destroys your brain cells and causes global warming.*- Dodinsky (The Scientific Institute of Get Over It!) Action Spots
- CrackBerry Addict
02-05-2013, 11:11 AM #141
- 657 Posts
- For the ladies only :-)
LOL, everyone keeps saying BB10 is the first iteration without realizing that it took Blackberry three years to work on it. So yes they had time to perfect it, but fell short of a few things.
PB all over again!"Let's sell this lean mean hunting machine!...in parts"
- 02-05-2013, 11:37 AM #143
the OS is just the OS. tell me how the OS can play angry bird without the angry bird app. or edit my doc without doc to go app? somehow the OS can magically make things work without app?
is it all about app. dont install any app and tell me how great your OS is.
- 02-05-2013, 12:11 PM #144
It's a little over the top over a cell phone, don't you think? People are allowed to be unhappy with the Z10. In my opinion I don't think the OP has given it enough time, but I'm not going to sleuth around the internet to try to catch him in some elaborate lie. That's a little creepy.
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-05-2013, 12:37 PM #145
- 310 Posts
Re: Another Z10 going back I'm afraid....
Perhaps that might be the real reason USA has to wait? Iphone was released that wouldn't work when you held it. Yet zillions were sold in spite lots of bad press. Blackberry has complaints about so many things! Some material. Key apps. that are missing has been disclosed By Blackberry, including info that they are in progress.
Blackberry has released phones for reviewers. Many didn't try to learn how to operate them! Z10 is NOT an iphone!
One commentator called 30 stores and quoted results. Unfortunately he mostly called same chain!
Good luck BB.
USA user early adopter who wants Z10 so badly!
- 02-05-2013, 12:53 PM #146
In every release cycle, there is a give and take on what must be fixed before release and what will have to wait for a patch cycle.
Furthermore, not everyone uses every feature. There are inevitably issues that arise after a device is in broad use that are never seen in testing. The real key is how quickly those issues and gaps are now addressed.
- 02-05-2013, 06:05 PM #150
- By meg.frank in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 16Last Post: 07-28-2009, 10:05 PM
- By majrgid24 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-29-2008, 10:35 AM
- By John Yester in forum BBOS WallpapersReplies: 6Last Post: 12-29-2007, 08:57 PM
- By Hound Dog in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 0Last Post: 12-11-2007, 09:07 PM
- By MMB916 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 04-24-2007, 01:14 AM