I've had my Z10 since Thursday morning, moved from a 9900 I'm now a wizz with the new os and I think it will only get better with time. Some people just don't give it a chance!
    02-03-13 04:57 PM
    by the way be buzz is confirmed in the app section

Sorry everyone for the late reply. We have been really busy with keeping all the deadlines for the BB10 launch, so this thread got a little neglected.

We will definitely keep supporting our BB7 apps and providing updates and bugfixes. Another round of bugfixes for BeBuzz 6 is scheduled for shortly after the BB10 launch.

I also want to apologize to the posters who sent me a PM requesting a license key for helping test the BeBuzz 6 beta. I will get back to you in the next couple of days!
    Gla1ze, MoolahMitch and buwee like this.
    02-03-13 05:02 PM
    This is a horrible first post for me, but I really am liking the Z10 I got at the launch event, and it's a new toy to play with. But to say Blackberry leads and others follow is a delusional statement. It may lead in your eyes, and that's is totally fine, but in the real business world, it hasn't been on the radar for a bit. That's not to say that at some point they may go back to the glory days, and I believe it may happen, but right now, Blackberry being a leader is a laughable statement. The Z10 to me is really nothing new or innovative. I'm currently using a Lumia 920 alongside the Z. The problem I have with BB10 is it's just static. The app screen and what not aren't anything that hasn't been done before. What appealed to me about Windows phone was the visual. Live tiles and so forth. Men are visual creatures. It's how we are wired. It's why we are so passionate about TV's and phones and even cars. This is an odd time for technology. In the past decade we had all this innovation and it seems to be in a holding pattern. People are stuck waiting for Apple to come out with the next big thing. Rumors were the Jobs left books and books of his ideas, but where are they? The best thing they can do is a new connector and 128 gb of storage. Are you telling me that 128 gb of storage wasn't possible in the 2-4th generations? Like I said, this is an odd time for tech. There is a large pie to be had. All you need is one great thing and it all blows up in the good way. It's a good first start for BB. The Z10 is a newer experience for people who are used to BBOS, but to everyone outside of that, it's kinda been done before. I like it so far, but we will see as the days go by.
    I won't get into the "men are visual creatures" statement too much...but I will say even if your point is true it doesn't suggest we all find the same things visually appealing. A good example is I find the windows UI to be very ugly and pointlessly busy. You seem to like it.
    Last edited by D_March; 02-03-13 at 07:10 PM.
    Oneshortsleeve likes this.
    02-03-13 05:05 PM
    It's interesting reading this stuff. I've got a PlayBook, not a Z10. And this all sounds very familiar, just like the PB launch. After almost 2 years, RIM still hasn't got email working properly on the PB. It won't keep messages older than 30 days, doesn't support IMAP folders well, and, in short, is still pitiful. I have to use Android apps to get email mostly functional. And I hear that there's still a 30 day limit on keeping emails with BB10. Don't know about mail folder support yert. Still awful.
    02-03-13 06:15 PM
    Honestly, who cares. If you don't like it and it's not for you don't post it to discourage others to not try the device. Everyone has different needs and wants. I for one am getting one this week. I'm not gonna post that I returned it if it wasn't for me.
    Agree X2 ....

Sambo na cara dele .. KKK
    02-03-13 06:53 PM
    As for people who complain about the "horrible" apps selection. It would be a great help if you specifically identified which apps you are talking about. Usually, about 10% of those apps I find myself wanting, the other 90% I just say either "meh" or "wtf" and probably wouldn't download even if I could. However, it does help a lot more instead of just saying the apps are terrible. Exactly what are you looking for?

As an example with the news apps, The Economist and NYT apps are there so I can't identify with the OP there.
    Spotify, google+, Instagram, mint, instapaper, wikinvest, whatsapp, Bloomberg radio, turboscan( or something similar), google chrome,stocktouch, scottrade, nook, kindle, Flipboard and newsify.

Sent from my Iphone 5 using Tapatalk
    xxslxx, av41medic and decoy7 like this.
    02-03-13 07:01 PM
    ...- BB10 is hopelessly unnecessarily complicated for the average user - for BB addicts - fine but for the crop of iOS and Android users that they are hoping to attract (the non techy ones) - no chance; the Hub is brilliant but half finished...
    It's not very nice to say/imply that the average user is not intelligent enough to understand a system such as BB10. But I do appreciate the compliment that we BB users are.

Why wouldn't you post if you returned it. Sure, everyone has different needs in a phone, but if Z10 weren't for you, it probably wouldn't be for other people with similar needs, and they might appreciate knowing why you rejected it (or liked it). That's all the OP was doing, and I appreciate his very personal and honest reaction to the phone. It's just one more bit of data in helping me determine whether Z10 is right for me.
    It's always good to get a balanced input from both sides; I agree to that. However, I will also strongly suggest to go out there and pick up the phone yourself. Experience the device in your own hands before you truly decide whether the phone is for you or not. A good many of the problems individuals such as the OP may have is making the judgement based solely on others' reviews. Words are all good and well but nothing beats actual, real life experience with the device. It is the reason why I haven't pre-ordered but will play with the demo in the store before making my final decision. Although I will, in all likelihood, purchase the Z10 because I like complicated systems.
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-03-13 07:18 PM
    what history of delaying bug fixes, they have always been on top of fixes, hwere they delayed was gettign PB OS2 to the users doesn't mean they didn't have updates to fix any software glitches thats came on the launched device. even BBOS7 had 7.1 released very quickly within a few months it just took carriers a while to do their testing on it and put it out for users that did not use crackberry
    You are dreaming, my friend, or have never used a Blackberry device. "Delay" also includes delay in providing competitive apps, features and devices. And there, Rim had a lengthy history.
    h20work and decoy7 like this.
    02-03-13 07:26 PM
    Seems like most of the bad reviews of the Z10 on here are coming from people with a bunch of global posts and a few crackberry posts. hmmmmm
    Yes, it's a conspiracy. I went over to the ios forums and they have thousands of threads started encouring people to slam the new bb :>
    mikeo007 and kevinnugent like this.
    02-03-13 07:27 PM
    Opinions and needs aside, screen is NOT dim. It is so bright I find myself toning it down! Maybe you did the same and forgot to put it back?
    One of CrackBerry's reports noted a yellowish tint. They exchanged it and the next one was bright and white. May be a quality issue but I would certainly exchange it.
    02-03-13 07:30 PM
    Iphone has been around since 2007, and when they launched a new mapping program, they screwed up. They had camera issues too. New technology, or tech put into new operating systems take some time to iron out the bugs. They can seem fine with the small numbers of beta testers, but show up once the larger numbers of users, with their unique situations, are available. As to having a device that is defective? That is what warranty and defective product returns are for. Other than that, it seems like you did not get EXACTLY what you wanted, and taking your ball and going home. Enjoy.
    You don't seem to get it, my friend. This is not 2007 all over again. BB doesn't have five years to perfect their new OS. And anyway, Apple's screwups weren't so important for the simple reason that Apple had a lot of goodwill it could trade on. BB has none at this point, meaning few people are willing to go the extra mile (kilometer, here in Canada) and overlook problems with BB.
    Dlanod likes this.
    02-03-13 07:31 PM
    Nonsense couple of my friends are dual wielders but heavy ios users no on rocks droids.One 920 user they all had a go they all liked the speed of things and the flow.Got alot of ''damn'' ''oh thats sick'' and ''apple needs that''.They instantly got the whole need of no buttons they were like ohh I see just swipe out of everything,I just go in and out quickly.I taught them the gestures and they were gone playing fruitswipe,appworld,messaging hub,appswitching filter making and all sorts.GOt my phone back after 10/15 minutes every new user.They love the keyboard ,bbm's new look the menus as soon as i showedthem teh swipe up letters all they said was ''Im just gonna swipe words up all day'' and they did swipe up random words.The camera quality was'nt in question actually mine took good pics in low light I dont know what settings people were using as they played with the camera I aint even played with teh cam liek they did.IOS users liekd teh pics taken showed them timeshift the females loved that ''i can get the pose I had before''.

UX and the in app peeks got ''apple need that''. All the IOS users were sold they would'nt jump ship cause they were stuck in IOS itunes and the lateness of apps ,no skygo.Blackberry got huge battle there on the app front.

I have'nt seen any glitch,bugs,or yellow tint no one had better screen quality when I was chilling with my friends all phones on table.The 920 might of had I dont know the ppi but screnn quality it does'nt show with the tile colouring and black backgrounds and we were under lowlight.The Z was king of the screen quality.

The weakness of the Z right now apps why they have blocked many that were announced I have no idea.It just does'nt have alot of the stuff that was leaked on previous builds ,the blackberry power user options are not there.Im sure they are getting flamed for it right now the led light is abysmal shines right but does'nt act right.Its good for what it is now they had to let hit the market early this year due to the comp but its aright for now.If your a power user its a diet blackberry experience at the minute.I think it was about showing blackberry was still alive and users getting aquainted That 10.1 update one needs to drop with the poweruser options asap and the previous leaked features not in this build.
    02-03-13 07:31 PM
    You don't seem to get it, my friend. This is not 2007 all over again. BB doesn't have five years to perfect their new OS. And anyway, Apple's screwups weren't so important for the simple reason that Apple had a lot of goodwill it could trade on. BB has none at this point, meaning few people are willing to go the extra mile (kilometer, here in Canada) and overlook problems with BB.

I think you're wrong on most if not all counts. But my opinion is as uninformed as yours on this topic.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-03-13 07:39 PM
    Hey Dianod i am dumping my SG3 for the Z10 since it can not compare. You can give your troll like thoughts but in reality no one cares.
    I wouldn't criticize if I were you. You�re one of the top 3 sources of faulty information on this forum.

Back to topic, it's better to have reasonable user feedback from both sides. I saw nothing outrageous or inflammatory in the OP. It was simply a negative review - meaning not favorably, NOT meaning "negative behavior".
    02-03-13 08:00 PM
    Another pair of shoes going back too?? Damn laces, velcro includes all the wants i need. Velcro just works you know. My 3 year old daughter can work them and my 80 year old grandma can also. Lol. New phone new experience new hiccups, if your that whiny and picky why waste your and our time? Another unresearched purchase. Sorry but no sympathy here.
    webmeister, Gla1ze and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-03-13 08:03 PM
    Honestly, who cares. If you don't like it and it's not for you don't post it to discourage others to not try the device. Everyone has different needs and wants. I for one am getting one this week. I'm not gonna post that I returned it if it wasn't for me.
    I know right? Like WTF.
    webmeister likes this.
    02-03-13 08:17 PM
    hey I got an iPhone 5 ill trade u op! gladly without hesitation it's brand new still in the box message me your address and ill message ya mine we can just trade haha
    web99 likes this.
    02-03-13 08:26 PM
    I think you're wrong on most if not all counts. But my opinion is as uninformed as yours on this topic.
    Finally. Common sense. I'd suggest that only the people with experience of the actual device comment. All the rest of the cheersquad can take a breather.
    Gla1ze likes this.
    02-03-13 08:56 PM
    Wow, why are so many so sensitive? The OP was perfectly right to give a subjective post. BB's track record is pretty bad, if some choose to ignore that fine. Just don't demonize those such as myself who has a wait and see attitude. I have lost too much money trusting RIM!
    Oneshortsleeve and Dlanod like this.
    02-03-13 09:00 PM
    Sorry, this is lame. Did you know that 40% of those 70,000 apps were android? That only a handful are native BB10 apps? It was not unreasonable to expect certain apps at launch, and not just a 'commitment' by those app such as Skype. And why should we expect the bugs/limitations that apparently exist when BB10 was delayed many months, supposedly to ensure those bugs/limitations were ironed out in advance of release? Especially when we all know how fast the company that was known as Rim responds to complaints.
    Wow, where did you learn math from? 40% were android, which mean 60% is the 'handful' of native BB10 apps? I was pleasantly surprised to find out that developers actually took the time to make native apps, and ONLY 40% were ported android apps. That actually shows some commitment from developers.
    02-03-13 09:25 PM
    So...you are taking BB10 back because it's completely unusable and you can't wait for 10.1? Ridiculous. It's a brand new, built from the ground up, OS and it will have some minor things to work out.
    Bobcat665 and webmeister like this.
    02-03-13 09:37 PM
    So...you are taking BB10 back because it's completely unusable and you can't wait for 10.1? Ridiculous. It's a brand new, built from the ground up, OS and it will have some minor things to work out.
    exactly! I found out within1 year of marrying my wife that she wasn't perfect and was in fact flawed. Despite the stats which indicate that over 50 per cent of marriages end in divorce, I decided to formulate my own opinion, and we've now been married 26 years.
    MoolahMitch and eddy_berry like this.
    02-03-13 10:24 PM
    Wow, talk about an echo chamber. Unless you have nothing but praise for the new device then you have to be a troll? That kind of thinking is exactly what got BlackBerry into this do or die predicament in the first place. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the software on which the company is pinning its very survival to be polished and complete. BlackBerry doesn't have a year to "sort things out". They needed to hit the ground running. This OS was suppose to be what stopped current users from switching devices and it was supposed to give users of iOS and Android "something to think about" if they weren't satisfied with their device.

Personally, I was thinking about upgrading from my Curve 8330 to a Z10 and possibly using it to replace my work phone as well (a Bold 9780) using BlackBerry Balance. Now I'm not so sure. I'm probably going to give it a few months and see what happens and what releases/patches/updates BB comes out with.
    02-03-13 10:35 PM
    I don't have one yet, but when I do get it next week I'll gladly master it with the help of Blackberry, my free personal 45 minute one-on-one with my carrier and all the excellent helpers on CrackBerry. Yes, there are many who will be unwilling or unable to adapt, stuck on the instant gratification loop that requires no ability to plan - simply download the advice so you can master Angry Birds.
    Note that regardless of platform we are all better off for the advances in technology, each crafted to meet specific needs. Your reaction to any of these devices is of course subjective; what is irritating is the immediate and unnecessary posturing that accompanies any post. If you have that much time and energy to expend please volunteer somewhere and make someone's life better.
    02-03-13 10:50 PM
    Wow, where did you learn math from? 40% were android, which mean 60% is the 'handful' of native BB10 apps? I was pleasantly surprised to find out that developers actually took the time to make native apps, and ONLY 40% were ported android apps. That actually shows some commitment from developers.
    According to ArsTechnica's Z10 review, about 1,000 apps in App World at BB10 native. The remainder are made up of PB OS apps with buttons and touch points that are too small because of the Z10's much higher pixel density. There are also many Android ports and website wrapper apps, RSS feed readers and HTML5 based web apps.
    Shlooky likes this.
    02-03-13 11:13 PM
161 ... 23456 ...