02-07-13 08:30 PM
- BlackBerry is only competing against themselves. Media are the ones who make that claim to be competing against Apple and Google. BlackBerry has improved on its hardware and software. BlackBerry is in a class of its own. BlackBerry leads and others follow. Patience my friend!02-03-13 02:13 PM
- BlackBerry is only competing against themselves. Media are the ones who make that claim to be competing against Apple and Google. BlackBerry has improved on its hardware and software. BlackBerry is in a class of its own. BlackBerry leads and others follow. Patience my friend!
Time is running out for BlackBerry this time I fear.02-03-13 02:21 PM
- 02-03-13 02:31 PM
- BlackBerry is only competing against themselves. Media are the ones who make that claim to be competing against Apple and Google. BlackBerry has improved on its hardware and software. BlackBerry is in a class of its own. BlackBerry leads and others follow. Patience my friend!02-03-13 02:31 PM
- Why wouldn't you post if you returned it. Sure, everyone has different needs in a phone, but if Z10 weren't for you, it probably wouldn't be for other people with similar needs, and they might appreciate knowing why you rejected it (or liked it). That's all the OP was doing, and I appreciate his very personal and honest reaction to the phone. It's just one more bit of data in helping me determine whether Z10 is right for me.02-03-13 02:44 PM
I hope you calm down and make the right decision for you.02-03-13 02:45 PM
We knew what we were getting ourselves into. I would never bash a BB device. I started with the Pearl 8100 and ever since been making improvement wishes that have become true.
I have gotten used to the fact that Blackberry (formerly RIM), is a bit on the turtle side to provide us with much needed updates, wether is Software or Hardware related. All I can say is that eventually, they deliver. We Loyal (and you know who you are) Blackberry fanboys are here until the Blackberry train reaches it's last stop. I'm just enjoying the ride and will always wish Blackberry the very best.
I for sure will be looking forward for my Playbook BB 10 update and patiently waiting for it. Sprint needs to start to hint something soon. My contract has been waaay overdue in need of a much needed upgrade. You guessed it, waiting for the Q10 at the least since I heart my Bold 9930, which by the way, does everything I need. It's my daily driver, per say.
No hint of the Z10 coming to Sprint as of yet, but I guess that's ok.
Sent from my Blackberry Playbook using Tapatalk 2.02-03-13 03:03 PM
- I believe people don't understand that an OS is not an app. Building a OS from scratch takes 100, 000's of lines of code easily. Then they have to go over that code, compile it find the errors or bugs then rinse and repeat. Where an app you can do easily in 1 week depending how the simplicity of it.02-03-13 03:13 PM
- As for people who complain about the "horrible" apps selection. It would be a great help if you specifically identified which apps you are talking about. Usually, about 10% of those apps I find myself wanting, the other 90% I just say either "meh" or "wtf" and probably wouldn't download even if I could. However, it does help a lot more instead of just saying the apps are terrible. Exactly what are you looking for?
As an example with the news apps, The Economist and NYT apps are there so I can't identify with the OP there.02-03-13 03:14 PM
- I think the people who are saying that BB10 is a baby in it's infancy is just grasping at straws. I've been in the tech industry for 30 years and I cannot believe the amount of people who accept flaws. I understand bugs are part of the game, but YOU SPENT MONEY on something, it should work. To give the excuse of that its in it's infancy is just coming up with excuses. I haven't had any issues with my Z10 yet, but it's only been a few days and it hasn't gone through a full week of work. When and if it does start experiencing issues, I complain. I complain to the company, then I go onto boards like this and post my findings. I may not do that here because if you post one negative thing, you are a called a troll. At least that's what I've read on other posts.02-03-13 03:30 PMLike 7
- What did you expect being one of the first adopters of a brand new OS and hardware?
This is why I try never to get something like this until at least the 1st revision of hardware/software comes out. Let the early adopters do all the beta testing and bug squashing ;-)02-03-13 03:31 PM
- I think the people who are saying that BB10 is a baby in it's infancy is just grasping at straws. I've been in the tech industry for 30 years and I cannot believe the amount of people who accept flaws. I understand bugs are part of the game, but YOU SPENT MONEY on something, it should work. To give the excuse of that its in it's infancy is just coming up with excuses. I haven't had any issues with my Z10 yet, but it's only been a few days and it hasn't gone through a full week of work. When and if it does start experiencing issues, I complain. I complain to the company, then I go onto boards like this and post my findings. I may not do that here because if you post one negative thing, you are a called a troll. At least that's what I've read on other posts.
What I don't understand is people who expect perfection. Judging by the complaints I've read on various different threads there are actually very few bugs. What there are, are some functionalities that they haven't added yet as they are still perfecting how they interact with the whole, so that when they are released (soon I hope!) they don't have bugs.02-03-13 03:44 PM
- good thing for me.. I don't use Skype I don't use what's app.. I don't use Netflix lol looks like I won't be missing a lot.. now one thing that I will miss but seems I can do is set up the color of the led thankfully I've been doing nothing but constantly reading while waiting for a us launch.. but the upside is ill know a good bit about what to expect also will know what apps will be there.. there are sites to watch movies on there is also TEXTING wtf do I need a chat client for.. I never have time to Skype the only person ill video chat with is my wife and she has a blackberry too lol so guess this phone will be great for us if it has some cool camera apps to play with like camwow and Facebook and tweeter and yahoo messenger we will be content to try new things as they come available none of the things that are being drilled complaints are a deal breaker for me not to mention I gotta wait a while to get it anyway who knows what will happen in that time span02-03-13 04:04 PM
- You know all the complaints I've heard so far from people in the forums, sounds like either bugs or other minor issues that will be worked in the coming months. I've managed talking my girlfriend into ditching rogers and signing up with Bell to get the Z10 just so I can play with it till I get one. Having said that I know what to expect. I will not expect it to run perfectly, or be completely finished with somethings still missing. I honestly believe that 95% of people should hold off atleast 3 months before purchasing because generally they are the ones that can't tolerate all the little flaws and glitches imho.02-03-13 04:24 PM
- This is a horrible first post for me, but I really am liking the Z10 I got at the launch event, and it's a new toy to play with. But to say Blackberry leads and others follow is a delusional statement. It may lead in your eyes, and that's is totally fine, but in the real business world, it hasn't been on the radar for a bit. That's not to say that at some point they may go back to the glory days, and I believe it may happen, but right now, Blackberry being a leader is a laughable statement. The Z10 to me is really nothing new or innovative. I'm currently using a Lumia 920 alongside the Z. The problem I have with BB10 is it's just static. The app screen and what not aren't anything that hasn't been done before. What appealed to me about Windows phone was the visual. Live tiles and so forth. Men are visual creatures. It's how we are wired. It's why we are so passionate about TV's and phones and even cars. This is an odd time for technology. In the past decade we had all this innovation and it seems to be in a holding pattern. People are stuck waiting for Apple to come out with the next big thing. Rumors were the Jobs left books and books of his ideas, but where are they? The best thing they can do is a new connector and 128 gb of storage. Are you telling me that 128 gb of storage wasn't possible in the 2-4th generations? Like I said, this is an odd time for tech. There is a large pie to be had. All you need is one great thing and it all blows up in the good way. It's a good first start for BB. The Z10 is a newer experience for people who are used to BBOS, but to everyone outside of that, it's kinda been done before. I like it so far, but we will see as the days go by.02-03-13 04:37 PM
and those custom profiles are going to be FIXED like Kevin mentioned! you know how long it took Windows phone to get whatsapp!? DID YOU KNOW that SKYPE wasn't even working properly when WP8 came out!? it's a NATIVE product built by microsoft!
i have the Z10 and it KICKS my nexus 4 in the *** when it comes to usability.. it's only been out less then a week and u think ur gonna get the hang of it?!?! mann SPOILED! SPOILED.. take some time to learn something new!!
android and ios are a PAIN in their own way!! how about the fact that you gotta friggin down every app on the planet just to get GOOD EMAIL!!!
i have yahoo, gmail, and my own domain.. i gotta have yahoo mail, gmail and the stupid CRAPPY *** s stock email!!
ios... hmm lets not fail t omention u have to have friggin itunes with EVEYRTHING u do! mass storage? whats that? yes u can mass storage on the Z10 if u have a memory card and it shows up as network drivers for the device storage! how about not being able to play ANY video that is not mp4 on iOS!?!?!
like dude don't mean to be mean .. but for goodness sakes give it a fair run before u make these assumptions.. people are just too spoiled and want things to pop out of a magic oven and be picture perfect out the gate!!
well welcome to software development!! you know how long ive been waiting for the FRIGGIN PEBBLE to come out so i can wireless charge my S3? i bet people forgot about that one!! unless i missed the annoucement!
bebuzz and or someone will come out with the LED light changer!
people just need to calm down and just KNOW what they are getting into .. you will experience BUGS, you will experience a period where it'll be hard to find the small time apps ur used to... that's what you KNOW when u plan to adopt and BRAND NEW PLATFORM NO MATTER HOW LONG IT"S BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT!!!
iOS was in development for 5 years and they still launched with LESS apps then BB10 did!
Android the same thing!! they didn't even a proper store to download apps from!!!
whatever haters will be haters
whiners will be whiners
the ignorant will always be ignorant!02-03-13 04:41 PMLike 14
- Somebody said they delayed it so there should not be bugs but they actually delayed it to make sure that the phone had all the features it needed and please no dum responses like "oh but i does not have as many features as the competition" since as Kevin has stated before BlackBerry has a feature roadmap and most of these features for the 1st launch were locked in months ago. OP why would you care about the apps if you have three phones? Honestly you need to weight the pros against the cons and decide if the phone is right for you and on a positive note these threads are good because they allow the employees at BlackBerry to review it and see what people want and what needs to be fixed.02-03-13 04:48 PM
- there's a lot more things that annoy me about iPhone including no carrier billing no led light. I can't download music or videos from websites the only benifits of iphone to iPhone use is FaceTime and your texts are blue instead if green.. those are just a few things that bother me about that os.. also I can't use a song as my ring tone? unless in just an *****?02-03-13 04:50 PM
- 02-03-13 04:55 PM
- By meg.frank in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 16Last Post: 07-28-09, 09:05 PM
- By majrgid24 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 01-29-08, 09:35 AM
- By John Yester in forum BBOS WallpapersReplies: 6Last Post: 12-29-07, 07:57 PM
- By Hound Dog in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 0Last Post: 12-11-07, 08:07 PM
- By MMB916 in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 04-24-07, 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD