Why do you need a NEWS app? Just use the browser and get the full web page.
    Maybe you were used to using an iPhone where you could not view the entire web content due to lack of flash?
    axeman1000 likes this.
    02-03-13 01:06 PM
    indicator light issue...... on another thread they say Color ID is available so you CAN get different light colours..... I know this is a big issue for some ppl and there is an app that does it, and prob more to come. just sayin'.
    I do not see color ID anywhere in the app world, or any LED changing apps for that matter. Only novelty apps like "test your LED".
    xxslxx likes this.
    02-03-13 01:10 PM
    ColorID came out the evening of the launch.
    If you have ever used an Android, the learning curve is minimal. A day or two.
    If you have never used anything except a keyboard based BlackBerry, I'd say 3-5 days max.
    And there are actually good video demos on BlackBerry.com

And please, everyone, stop blasting anyone who isn't in love with their new Z10. Once you get one, you can make up your own mind. Posting about things you do and don't like is very important for a new device.
    02-03-13 01:12 PM
    I realise that everyone has different needs/aims. And yes I suppose that I could get used to the OS if I spent more time. But to use what Apps? Frankly after the PB launch, where I bought one, waited months for the software update to do basic stuff like emails in portrait (I think was an issue from memory) and it arrived with gaping functional holes still, I simply don't trust RIM/BlackBerry to fix BB10 in an acceptable timescale.

And I dont have to.

I have iOS (which yes is a bit boring) and Android which can be a bit unstable from time to time - but for most of the time they do 100% what I need. BB10 can't do 50% of what I need at the moment. And I don't need the security of the BB platform. Who cares if someone can find out what I order from the supermarket - if I was in store they'd know anyway.

Given that this is BlackBerry's last chance, I would have expected them to make very sure that it would fly and strongly. And they have been unable to do this. There will be more tears when this hits you guys in the US - count on it!
    brianatbb and av41medic like this.
    02-03-13 01:15 PM
    If you have never used anything except a keyboard based BlackBerry, I'd say 3-5 days max.

And please, everyone, stop blasting anyone who isn't in love with their new Z10. Once you get one, you can make up your own mind. Posting about things you do and don't like is very important for a new device.
    Weird. I'm looking at it right now in app world online and the reviews say it doesn't work with BB10. I'll have to dig deeper.
    02-03-13 01:17 PM
    Sorry, this is lame. Did you know that 40% of those 70,000 apps were android? That only a handful are native BB10 apps? It was not unreasonable to expect certain apps at launch, and not just a 'commitment' by those app such as Skype. And why should we expect the bugs/limitations that apparently exist when BB10 was delayed many months, supposedly to ensure those bugs/limitations were ironed out in advance of release? Especially when we all know how fast the company that was known as Rim responds to complaints.
    there is on;y so many bugs that can be worked out from internal testing, until the device is actually released to market and a mass number of users get to use it and try out all its features bugs may not be present so what it comes down to is how quickly Blackberry can get them fixed, the same way iOS came out with horrible bugs with the maps and lag issues. my cousin has an iPhone4 runnign iOS6.1 and she tells me its so bad when she goes to text soemone the phone reboots itself.

when software is sold in mass amounts and are new to market bugs should always be expected, its inevitableno matter how much alpha/beta tests you do its just going to happen. why else do you think all software that is released will require updates even a game like World of Warcraft that has millions of users still has patches released every few weeks to fix bugs on new expansion packs
    decoy7 and jakie55 like this.
    02-03-13 01:18 PM

We need a collective thread where all the people can go to express their complaints. Nobody cares what they do with their own phone.

For all the people saying they are taking them back. Good riddance.
    gokulesh likes this.
    02-03-13 01:20 PM
    The OP type of posts are becoming very tedious..... How about researching your purchase first..... would have read it is a more complex guesters, some name apps not available and finally there willl be bugs.... if you are not willing to take the time to learn new things then you will never learn anything... Seems a day with a phone is hardly enought time to make a valid appraisal.....no one said the learning curve was easy....... when I bought my first Vic 20 I sat there and looked for the A key for 5 minutes...following the OP line of thinking I would never use a computer as it is too complicated for the average user...... as for apps... time for people to grow up a bit... This is where it strays into trolling is the App complaint... really... I gusess that Microsoft should have never released WP8 smarphone as it does not have a couple of the apps you may use...So I guess if you buy an Iphone and someting does not come out for it you will dump your phone.... it may not work for you but what is the point of trashing the company.... I sometimes wonder if a number of these supposed "sending back" posts really have the phone in the first place... expect trolling to be rampant in the next couple of months... so I mark this one as "ignore"....
    02-03-13 01:21 PM
    Apps aside, the rest of your comments make no sense to me what so ever.

the gestures are simplicity itself, moving about from app to app is as simple as it could be, unlike an iphone where youre pressing buttons, swiping dipping in then out of apps back to the apps and then theres the notification drag down and lets not even talk about searching dipping into emails then getting back to search again.

screen is anything but dim, I have had to turn it down.

'well documented omissions' ...? this is the first version of BB10, how can you expect there to be all the previous legacy features in a new platform? for me it does all the must haves. it does them in a new, simple and effective way. more complexity will come and its likely that given a few weeks you'll see updates or apps to plug the bespoke point features you say you need.

As for apps, the platform is a few days old, major releases to come in coming days/weeks just as with other platforms they will come. what did android have at launch? ....
    zyben likes this.
    02-03-13 01:30 PM
    Sure, I can accept that there are going to be pros and cons for just about anything, the Z10 included. One thing that really stuck in my craw, though, was when the opie called BB10 "HOPELESSLY COMPLICATED". Is it really really, truly "hopelessly complicated" or is the OP, Dlanod, a hopeless simpleton? Goodbye opie and good riddance... NEXT!
    zyben and gokulesh like this.
    02-03-13 01:36 PM
    The Op is right. The lack of apps is what keeps me from getting one as well. There are absolutely no apps I use right now on android that I can use on bb10. Maybe one: Dropbox. And if I'm to spend $200 and get into a two year agreement I better get something I can use for two years. Just to get a blackberry to support them when in turn I get nothing is not on my to do list.
    Dlanod, tiziano27, bodjor and 2 others like this.
    02-03-13 01:40 PM
    Well I'm in the US and as soon as May comes around its mine. All the negative comments are to me not convincingly genuine, I'm not saying all but some seem to be suspicious to say the least. I buy and like BlackBerry because I like it and nothing and no one can make me follow the crowd just because it's the popular thing to do. With that said those who come here with troll like, agenda suspected comments should expect to get bit in the a��. Just not by me.
    zyben, gokulesh, bigbmc26 and 1 others like this.
    02-03-13 01:42 PM
    Another Z10 going back I'm afraid....-look-me1.jpg

I'm beginning to think that the folks with these threads about returning their Z10 serve no constructive purpose, as these people have obviously not used a BlackBerry in several years and seem to have their mindset geared toward expecting BlackBerry to be on the same level as Android and iPhone is at currently. This is the FIRST device of a completely new BlackBerry product line and even the first iPhones and Android devices had their issues as well.
    I'm afraid it will be difficult for any manufacturer to fully please a client with a crop of the latest smartphones in his possession. Trying to combine the best features from every platform into one device is a surefire way to get sued from now until (Superbowl) Sunday! whoo hoo!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    Yellow/gray whites and faint colours unless held directly under a light, where the sensor then lets that 100% screen setting actually look good. It's so annoying it cannot be disabled. And worse the it seems inconsistent with other owners devices.
    02-03-13 01:43 PM
    or maybe there is a need for so many apps, since the basic OS is limited, hmm?
    Hardly. In fact, it is the PB's limited OS (photos, file folder, inadequate GPS) that forces you to turn to apps. Not the case at all with my android phone. Lots of apps downloaded but few if any related to defective or limited OS.
    raysgrumpy likes this.
    02-03-13 01:44 PM
    C'mon really?
    What happened to your loyalty? I'm sure they'll do what they can. Address the problem and give them the opportunity to fix it.
    Do you trade in your life-partner when you find a few issues?
    Patience is a virtue! Take it easy!
    robkd and BoldtotheMax like this.
    02-03-13 01:46 PM
    why do we need for every single "going-back-user" an own thread???
    Just open one with the headline "Why i am going back" and post your stuff there....
    sosof, vespajet, gokulesh and 4 others like this.
    02-03-13 01:47 PM
    Honestly, who cares. If you don't like it and it's not for you don't post it to discourage others to not try the device. Everyone has different needs and wants. I for one am getting one this week. I'm not gonna post that I returned it if it wasn't for me.
    Couldn't have said it better!
    02-03-13 01:47 PM
    I agree with you a 100% as I got my device last and have been testing it out. I myself am a loyal BB enthusiast and understand when people defend the device, however once you actually USE the device then you will know what DIanod is talking about.

As a seasons smartphone user and a sales rep that sells and promotes them, I can see a lot of people buying and then returning the device.

Here is my thoughts:
    - Yes the apps are that bad! don't believe the 70,000, get the device in your hands and see for yourself.

- The OS itself has a lot of confusing options to navigate around, again get the device first and you will see

- File back up is a pain. Blackberry protect doesn't copy over any content you saved, BlackBerry Link seems to copy only what it wants too and using the SD method is similar. I had to use Bluetooth to copy contacts and it took forever! just for 300 contacts, literally thought I was using a pay go nokia.

I'm not saying don't buy the device. The OS has many nice features to it and the hardware itself is beautiful, however a lot of key things are missing and per mentioned and it will be hard for existing smartphone owners to lose a lot of the features they are us to using. Someone coming from a non smart phone may not notice the difference. There is no reason why BB fans should have waited this long for a new device only to have less features then the old ones.

You ever been criticized for using a BB because it has no apps? well BB10 apps are even worst! when you guys get your hands on an actually device it will be hard not to agree with this original post. You will ask yourself what the **** where the app relation guys even doing all this time???!?!??!. For the average BB user's day to day 5 to 10 apps on avg I'm estimating you may have only 1 to 2 of them available on BB10.

Again keep in mind this is my honest view as a BlackBerry fan and user for over 5 years, I also promote the device actively as a sales rep. I also put large portion of my personal savings aka my tuition fund into RIM stocks. I'm quite concerned and hope this "new" BlackBerry company is more agile then the old and deals with these issues fast, otherwise Q1 and Q2 will be a disaster with negative reviews from both the press and users.

Again I don't want to sound to harsh but don't give us guys being honest a hard time. Get the device in your hands use it first if you want to disagree. I'm tempted to go back to my 9900 so I can use my BIS email account, Bloomberg, Whatsapp, Touch chat, and enjoy my custom alerts etc etc etc. $350 for the device on a 2 yr agreement, and I cannot use any of the mentioned features.

ONE SUPER SAD BLACKBERRY FAN
    Dlanod, tiziano27, bodjor and 6 others like this.
    02-03-13 01:49 PM
    there is on;y so many bugs that can be worked out from internal testing, until the device is actually released to market and a mass number of users get to use it and try out all its features bugs may not be present so what it comes down to is how quickly Blackberry can get them fixed, the same way iOS came out with horrible bugs with the maps and lag issues. my cousin has an iPhone4 runnign iOS6.1 and she tells me its so bad when she goes to text soemone the phone reboots itself.

when software is sold in mass amounts and are new to market bugs should always be expected, its inevitableno matter how much alpha/beta tests you do its just going to happen. why else do you think all software that is released will require updates even a game like World of Warcraft that has millions of users still has patches released every few weeks to fix bugs on new expansion packs
    I could agree with you if BB didn't already have a well-established reputation for delays in fixing issues users are screaming about AND if this wasn't such a critical debut for BB10. They have very little leeway here, and if they don't, as you say, move fast on these issues, they can kiss goodbye any chance of making inroads to the iphone and android commercial market. The ball is in their court; they have to show they can hit it, as many people will be on the sidelines waiting for proof of that before committing.
    Last edited by brianatbb; 02-03-13 at 01:53 PM. Reason: grammatical fix
    02-03-13 01:52 PM
    I was hopping to see at least skype and netflix at launch... just they mentioned it's comming but not when... also whatsapp haven't give it a date of launch... i also was hopping to see some apps comming to BB10 like Team Viewer for example... But i guess that all the Premium apps that are most used in other platforms are just waiting to see if BBRY is going to survive the fall..... i Love my Berry... i don't wanna go to iOS or Android... but the lacking of apps is more and more and i just don't like it.... there is not much apps to have i agree... but is important to have them on board... at least the premium ones... the question is... how much time we will have to wait to see this comming...
    Dlanod likes this.
    02-03-13 01:53 PM
    Sure, I can accept that there are going to be pros and cons for just about anything, the Z10 included. One thing that really stuck in my craw, though, was when the opie called BB10 "HOPELESSLY COMPLICATED". Is it really really, truly "hopelessly complicated" or is the OP, Dlanod, a hopeless simpleton? Goodbye opie and good riddance... NEXT!
    Perhaps I should have said unnecessarily complicated. Usability is what sells large numbers of devices. And BlackBerry desperately need volumes. This is a lesson on how to make things more difficult in an already precarious situation.

Anyway my friend while you flick swipe peek etc. I'll check my emails and make calls. Oh and listen to music on Spotify.
    kevinnugent and av41medic like this.
    02-03-13 01:54 PM
    I love how people complain about BlackBerry not yet having all the big app names on board and saying how they should try to attract them more. Meanwhile BlackBerry furiously tries to attract all the big names probably even with cash.

EDIT: Also don't bash the guy that started the thread for hating the Z10 but instead bash him for the title of the thread. Call it Z10 review or something. It will actually be neutral that way.
    Dlanod and eddy_berry like this.
    02-03-13 02:04 PM
    I could agree with you if BB didn't already have a well-established reputation for delays in fixing issues users are screaming about AND if this wasn't such a critical debut for BB10. They have very little leeway here, and if they don't, as you say, move fast on these issues, they can kiss goodbye any chance of making inroads to the iphone and android commercial market. The ball is in their court; they have to show they can hit it, as many people will be on the sidelines waiting for proof of that before committing.
    what history of delaying bug fixes, they have always been on top of fixes, hwere they delayed was gettign PB OS2 to the users doesn't mean they didn't have updates to fix any software glitches thats came on the launched device. even BBOS7 had 7.1 released very quickly within a few months it just took carriers a while to do their testing on it and put it out for users that did not use crackberry
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    02-03-13 02:09 PM
161 1234 ...