So my immaculately cared for, and much loved, Z10 was working perfectly until I let someone try their sim in it to see why their service wasn't working. And of course, it was a nano in an adapter which jammed and broke a pin when it was pulled out. Now it won't recognize a sim, although everything else works great.

I'm seeing some videos and pics to swap the sim slot, and the part seems under $3. So a couple of questions:

- Looks tricky to swap the old one, as it involves micro-soldering. I'm assuming this is quite a challenge? I have precious little soldering experience.
    - Anyone know someone/shops in the Ottawa, Canada area who could do this? There are tons of cell shops, though they all seem to do screen swaps and little else, and frankly I am not filled with confidence. I would think anyone with a good electronics background (and micro-soldering) would be able to handle it, no?

It probably is not worth much to fix this...used phones were recently selling for $60 at one of the carriers, but I'm curious if it is even worth the effort.
    01-06-16 10:13 AM
    Well, we may at least know what was wrong with their service.

I work with people who have those kinds of skills, and to be honest we probably wouldn't use them to do a repair like that on a new phone. If it was my phone I might try to fix it for the experience. There are stories around of people who have successfully fixed a SIM slot. But it would be very easy to burn something critical or create a bad solder bridge.

My advice, chalk it up to experience and move on.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    01-06-16 04:18 PM
    They are paying you to purchase a new phone right!!! I would be looking for compensation.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-16 04:41 PM