Hey everybody.
    Yes I know, this kind of topic are really borings, but I really need you now.

I was a BB user for a long time (curve/bold/playbook etc...). But a year ago, I left all of this to go on a Nokia Lumia 920 (bored to wait for Q10). This phone is very great, and I think the OS is good, but i can't really fit myself to the touchscreen typing. I miss my physical keyboard, and I must admitt that I like Blackberry a bit too much

I plan to switch on a Q10. But I sill not totally sure if I should take a Z or a Q.
    I want a physical keyboard, but by reading your comment i understood the power of the Z10 keyboard and I know the comfort of a big screen.
    I don't really play games (Some GBA, and... I think no more), I listen to a lot of music, and don't really watch movie (youtube and that's all).

The big points are here :
    - with my old playbook, I used to watch NBA livestream on my playbook (In france there is no real way to watch it) on a streaming site. Is this possible on the Q and on the Z ? Because this could be a "go buy Z10" if it's possible.
    - I want a good battery life, I heard the Q is better, is it true ? What about the REAL batterie life (Normal birgthness, wifi/data on, sound normal...)
    - Nobody want to trade his Q10 with my Lumia 920 ?

I don't have the possibilities to try theses phones, I live in a little city

Thanks a lot for your advice, and I hope this going to help me!
    12-11-13 04:26 AM
    Hey everybody.

I was a BB user for a long time (curve/bold/playbook etc...). But a year ago, I left all of this to go on a Nokia Lumia 920 (bored to wait for Q10). This phone is very great, and I think the OS is good, but i can't really fit myself to the touchscreen typing. I miss my physical keyboard, and I must admitt that I like Blackberry a bit too much

I plan to switch on a Q10. But I sill not totally sure if I should take a Z or a Q.
    I want a physical keyboard, but by reading your comment i understood the power of the Z10 keyboard and I know the comfort of a big screen.
    I don't really play games (Some GBA, and... I think no more), I listen to a lot of music, and don't really watch movie (youtube and that's all).

The big points are here :
    - with my old playbook, I used to watch NBA livestream on my playbook (In france there is no real way to watch it) on a streaming site. Is this possible on the Q and on the Z ? Because this could be a "go buy Z10" if it's possible.
    - I want a good battery life, I heard the Q is better, is it true ? What about the REAL batterie life (Normal birgthness, wifi/data on, sound normal...)

I don't have the possibilities to try theses phones, I live in a little city

Thanks a lot for your advice, and I hope this going to help me!
    Q.
    If it could stream on the Playbook it should be able to on a BB10 device I think. Maybe someone else can confirm that for you.

Pounded out via Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-11-13 04:34 AM
    Q10 battery life is definitely better. I easily make it through the day with it. Z10 needs a boost if I use heavily. That said, I personally prefer the Z. I've always had virtual keyboards so that's why.

SQN100-1 10.2.1.1055
    STL100-3 10.2.1.1055
    12-11-13 05:08 AM

You can certainly watch streaming video on BlackBerry 10 devices of all specification. Whether or not that particular stream is available or uses a compatible video codec etc I cannot answer for you. We do have some frequent forum posters here from France, they might know more about what video streams are available there better than I. (Those things tend to be restricted by country due to licensing issues)

The Q10 has better battery life because the screen is smaller and uses organic LED technology rather than backlit active matrix LCD, and the battery is larger. However if you want to watch video streams, the smaller square screen is probably not ideal since not only is it smaller, you will also "waste" part of that space when viewing a typical horizontal-format video stream.

The best battery life for a BlackBerry device these days is with the new Z30 - which is similiar to the Z10 with a larger screen, much larger battery (but not removable), slightly faster processor, and a couple of other minor differences. I don't know if they are available for French carriers yet. The Z30 also has quite good sound quality through its internal (stereo) speakers, which might interest you.

You can always post that in the market section here - I would imagine you might find a taker.

Enjoy..
    12-11-13 05:09 AM
    If you post the link to the NBA site, I'll try it for you.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 10:56 PM
    If you post the link to the NBA site, I'll try it for you.

Posted via CB10
    Nba.com?

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 11:41 PM
    [QUOTE=CallMeNop;9689411]Hey everybody.

I was a Bold 9780 user before switching to the Z10 back in March. The only "learning curve" was the keyboard. However by day 3 or 4, that was all gone and was typing faster and better than I ever have on any device. The word suggestions and flow just seems to work better compared to other touchscreen phones I have used.

My priorities were a bigger screen for browsing, gaming, videos at the Z10 was the option for me.
    Seeing all the new games/apps in App World it seems that more are available for the Z10 and Z30. Something to consider.

Battery- The Z30 battery is the best option here by far. However you didn't mention that this was an option for you. Between the Z10 and Q10, the Q wins that one. I'm on my phone 5x as much as I was with my Bold, so yes, I use A LOT of battery throughout the day. My Z10 is a 6-7 hours with heavy use, 8-10 with medium and 12-24 hours with just texting, and a quick call or two.

In the end it's your choice, but I would suggest the Z30, Z10 and Q10 in that order. For me the bigger real estate on the Z series is important and don't mind sacrificing 15-20% less battery with the Z10. Other than that, I don't see what I'm missing in the Q.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    12-12-13 12:05 AM
    Nba.com?

Posted via CB10
    He said a streaming site, how would I know which site he meant?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 12:18 AM