This shows my plan details, plus as of TODAY like I stated but some called BS my DATA usage 492mb now since March 21, 2012, my billing cycle is the 16th, but the renew date for data and voice is the around the 20-24th of every month. I am usually on WIFI most of the time. This is a 5GB shared Data Plan, shared with my playbook, NOTE I use Playbook at times over mobile so the 492MB some of it is from my PLAYBOOK usage. Playbook is the LTE version, 32GB.

This plan is what I had with my Samsung galaxy s3, except the unlimited texting for international was not in it and I had 6gb data NON-SHARED.

I can anywhere in Canada and they can call me FOR FREE no extra charge to me.

I have call and name display as well and voicemail, visual voicemail = for iphone only.

So basically I have it all.

Android Plan on Z10, Rogers Works, for all those who say it does not.-acc.pngAndroid Plan on Z10, Rogers Works, for all those who say it does not.-acc1.jpgAndroid Plan on Z10, Rogers Works, for all those who say it does not.-acc2.pngAndroid Plan on Z10, Rogers Works, for all those who say it does not.-acc3.jpg
    04-06-13 05:25 PM
    Who else has an Android Plan works on Z10?
    04-06-13 05:35 PM
    Oh and this is to show as well, Z10 is not a DATA HOG, neither is the PLAYBOOK.
    04-06-13 05:37 PM
    Just wanted to point out as well like I stated in many posts and threads, I have no connection loss, no data hog issues, no battery issues 12-19 hrs on medium usage, no reboot issues, no freeze ups.

Running .85 OS

So for anyone on bell or Rogers or Telus android plans work np's.

I have had my 2gb sd card since day one no issues.

Love the Z10

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    04-06-13 06:29 PM
    Of course this works. Also, it's just regular data, their isn't android specific data.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:37 PM
    That's a scam that the carriers have tried to pull over the past few years to try to take out of market plans out of circulation. Mine told me a few years ago that I couldn't put an Android phone on my plan because I had an "iPhone Plan."

All nonsense, of course. A smart phone plan is a smart phone plan. The only exceptions are the old BIS plans.

Posted via CB10
    xamdam likes this.
    04-06-13 06:44 PM
    Of course this works. Also, it's just regular data, their isn't android specific data.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I know this, but some in here stated it not work and needed to change to a BlackBerry plan. This is not true as clearly it works. I was asked to provide info on it working and my plan info. I did just that.

04-06-13 06:44 PM
    Oh and this is to show as well, Z10 is not a DATA HOG, neither is the PLAYBOOK.
    Agreed.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-06-13 06:46 PM
    That's a scam that the carriers have tried to pull over the past few years to try to take out of market plans out of circulation. Mine told me a few years ago that I couldn't put an Android phone on my plan because I had an "iPhone Plan."

All nonsense, of course. A smart phone plan is a smart phone plan. The only exceptions are the old BIS plans.

Posted via CB10
    This is correct except my iphone did work and still does on my android plan, except voice mail as it is a different setup for iphone and if I need to use my iphone as a backup and want voicemail to work I need to go to an iphone plan again.

Werid I know, but thats how it is.

04-06-13 06:47 PM
    Its not all carriers that require the specific BB z10 plan, I think its only Bell (in canada) that's trying to pull this stuff...
    04-06-13 06:48 PM
    I had an "Iphone" plan since the 3G phone first came out. I also used numerous blackberrys (8520,9300,9900) on this same plan and had no issues. Sometimes the carrier wants you to change plans because the old plan is no longer available or because you are getting too good of a deal. I was getting 6gb data plan for only $20 which is great deal so they kept trying to change my plan.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:50 PM
    Its not all carriers that require the specific BB z10 plan, I think its only Bell (in canada) that's trying to pull this stuff...
    This would be true and is it not Telus as well?

04-06-13 06:52 PM
    I have a 6gb smart phone plan from rogers and it works on the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 06:58 PM
    This would be true and is it not Telus as well?

No, not Telus.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    04-06-13 07:48 PM
    This is correct except my iphone did work and still does on my android plan, except voice mail as it is a different setup for iphone and if I need to use my iphone as a backup and want voicemail to work I need to go to an iphone plan again.

Werid I know, but thats how it is.

That's because of visual voicemail. Some Android phones support it, some don't. But you should still have standard (call in) voicemail regardless of your phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-13 11:39 PM
    this sounds more like a marketing ploy from rogers than whatever point you are trying to point out lol
    04-07-13 12:53 AM
    That's because of visual voicemail. Some Android phones support it, some don't. But you should still have standard (call in) voicemail regardless of your phone.

Posted via CB10
    True that's why I stated iphone on my android plan would work except voicemail.

And yep when I went from iphone to Samsung galaxy S3 I had to change to an android plan, but of course when I went from S3 to Z10 no need to change except rogers just had to implement the BlackBerry services for me.

04-07-13 07:06 AM
    this sounds more like a marketing ploy from rogers than whatever point you are trying to point out lol
    No its nothing to do with a rogers ploy, read my first post again.

There was ppl here stating an android plan does not work and they had to change to a BlackBerry plan, this was Bell customers.

So now you see my threads point it does work, heck I knew this since android devices were ever created.

The other info in my first post was to sum up the things I don't get issues with as many claim they do.

Z10 is not a data hog.

04-07-13 07:10 AM
    Woke up checked my Data usage as I used my mobile data last night for somethings.

520mb now used in total, that's only 28mb used last night for a test I did.

That's Awesome cause I browsed CB, CNN, looked at YouTube, checked emails, loaded images from emails.

So 28mb is great and not abnormal from any other device I have owned, check my signature to see what I have owned or still own.

So once again where ppl claim Z10 is a data hog, must be seeing things or have an app issue or a setting allowing downloads over mobile on or a carrier sending info over mobile that's a carrier problem not a z10 issue.

Last edited by xamdam; 04-07-13 at 01:41 PM.
    04-07-13 07:18 AM