Thank you for the review.
    03-21-13 08:33 AM
    It's important to keep genuine, positive threads like this coming, and on the front page for people who are interested in BlackBerry. Too often the negative posts get all the attention and fill the front. I don't blame people who get nervous or turned off. So let's aim for some BlackBerry 'Balance ' so people get a fair idea of the pros and cons. ouch, bad pun!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:48 AM
    It's important to keep genuine, positive threads like this coming, and on the front page for people who are interested in BlackBerry. Too often the negative posts get all the attention and fill the front. I don't blame people who get nervous or turned off. So let's aim for some BlackBerry 'Balance ' so people get a fair idea of the pros and cons. ouch, bad pun!

Posted via CB10
    Amen to that! Genuinely positive threads should be put into a separate 'Positive' section, I think. That way there will always be good reviews for people to read and know what everything's like.
    03-21-13 12:23 PM
    Good post...good to hear view points from other Platform user.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 12:31 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I appreciate it.
    03-21-13 12:52 PM
    Amen to that! Genuinely positive threads should be put into a separate 'Positive' section, I think. That way there will always be good reviews for people to read and know what everything's like.
    Yeah, I'd hate to think that people who are looking at the different platforms would bypass trying out Blackberry because of the negative threads which inevitably receive the most attention. And I'm just as guilty as anyone of participating in that so I'm not pointing a finger! It was reading your post and another from a former iPhone user like myself, and people commenting that they were worried about the phone till they read these kinds of posts that it kinda hit me over the head. I'm not the brightest bulb sometimes... Cheers. Welcome!
    03-21-13 01:46 PM
    Yeah, I'd hate to think that people who are looking at the different platforms would bypass trying out Blackberry because of the negative threads which inevitably receive the most attention. And I'm just as guilty as anyone of participating in that so I'm not pointing a finger! It was reading your post and another from a former iPhone user like myself, and people commenting that they were worried about the phone till they read these kinds of posts that it kinda hit me over the head. I'm not the brightest bulb sometimes... Cheers. Welcome!
    There will always be problems with any other OS. Nothing can reach perfection, since every other person will have different needs. I think the pros of this phone outweigh the negatives and that is something people should really be looking at.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 02:19 PM
    There will always be problems with any other OS. Nothing can reach perfection, since every other person will have different needs. I think the pros of this phone outweigh the negatives and that is something people should really be looking at.
    Posted via CB10
    I'm convinced that part of the success of the resurgence of Blackberry is going to be partially due to word of mouth. Early adopters and fans of the phones are the counterpoint to the generally negative publicity that has surrounded Blackberry lately. However, I think it's beginning to change, slowly. Amongst my friends there are Blackberries, Samsungs, iPhones, etc... and it isn't a competition oddly enough... When I got my new phone they were all curious, and were all very impressed. The keyboard, overall, is the winner of the Ooooh factor...

I don't see Blackberry overtaking Android or Apple any time soon, they're more of a niche market. And frankly, I couldn't care less. If anything, I'd love to see Blackberry settle in at a strong #3 position where they are profitable, competitive to stay relevant, and not overly concerned about making something that will appeal to 'everyone'... That's an impossible job, and one that Apple and Google/Samsung can fight over.

In the end, as you say, no OS is perfect. I'm personally in favour of more choice beyond what is already available. Adding Blackberry as a competitor adds more pressure to the others to innovate and improve. Competition leads to innovation. Apple, Android and Windows users should be cheering Blackberry on, as their success will ultimately benefit them in indirect ways.
    03-21-13 04:18 PM
    LOL This had me cracked up! Hahah!
    hahahaha me too!!! smart answer!!!

Sent from my Bold 9900
    03-21-13 05:06 PM
    Thanks for sharing.
    03-21-13 05:23 PM
    I'm convinced that part of the success of the resurgence of Blackberry is going to be partially due to word of mouth. Early adopters and fans of the phones are the counterpoint to the generally negative publicity that has surrounded Blackberry lately. However, I think it's beginning to change, slowly. Amongst my friends there are Blackberries, Samsungs, iPhones, etc... and it isn't a competition oddly enough... When I got my new phone they were all curious, and were all very impressed. The keyboard, overall, is the winner of the Ooooh factor...

I don't see Blackberry overtaking Android or Apple any time soon, they're more of a niche market. And frankly, I couldn't care less. If anything, I'd love to see Blackberry settle in at a strong #3 position where they are profitable, competitive to stay relevant, and not overly concerned about making something that will appeal to 'everyone'... That's an impossible job, and one that Apple and Google/Samsung can fight over.

In the end, as you say, no OS is perfect. I'm personally in favour of more choice beyond what is already available. Adding Blackberry as a competitor adds more pressure to the others to innovate and improve. Competition leads to innovation. Apple, Android and Windows users should be cheering Blackberry on, as their success will ultimately benefit them in indirect ways.
    You're pretty much dead on.
    The keyboard is one of the things that are really impressive and one of many good things that this new OS offers. Even the friend I showed it to appreciated BlackBerry for their efforts.
    Yeah, they'll climb and it'll happen slowly, all they really need is patience, and also keep doing what they did with BB10.

Though you are correct, I don't think that the other fans will realize that. Everyone these days are more concerned with the better OS, and everyone tends to defend their own. But yes, it does lead to more innovative ideas, that's where the mobile world needs to go towards. Should no longer be some spec war.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-13 10:32 PM
    You're pretty much dead on.
    The keyboard is one of the things that are really impressive and one of many good things that this new OS offers. Even the friend I showed it to appreciated BlackBerry for their efforts.
    Yeah, they'll climb and it'll happen slowly, all they really need is patience, and also keep doing what they did with BB10.

Though you are correct, I don't think that the other fans will realize that. Everyone these days are more concerned with the better OS, and everyone tends to defend their own. But yes, it does lead to more innovative ideas, that's where the mobile world needs to go towards. Should no longer be some spec war.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree. I don't think we will ever see bb back as no. 1 smartphone and beating out iOS and android. What is important is that bb remains a healthy company, make good profits, and can innovate beyond the smartphone to true mobile computing. I really think with Qnet and distributive multiprocessing of bb10, there is going to be some mind blowing implementations that android and iOS and Microsoft can never dream about.
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-23-13 12:20 AM
    Id like to tell you that your feedback is the reason why I am going to purchase my z10. I have the same nexus and you sold a z10 just now
    ShAaShAy likes this.
    03-26-13 09:45 PM
    Id like to tell you that your feedback is the reason why I am going to purchase my z10. I have the same nexus and you sold a z10 just now
    Wow I can't believe I made that much an impact. I'm really glad that you, like myself, are being open to BB10. I think it'll do you good. Really glad I could get across to an an individual! Welcome to the club!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-13 04:17 AM
    Really good feedback! Already have the galaxy nexus and you have convinced me to go for the Z10.
    04-06-13 01:46 PM
40 12