I've downloaded this app (forgotten the name) which lets you download and install 10.3 to various devices (including my Z10). Everything works great except my Snap Android apps (and Amazon Marketplace apps). They get stuck while starting up in a progress bar. Can't install new ones either. I've checked the settings on my Z10 for allowing to install external apps and this is all fine. There is no difference with or without checkbox selected. Is there a solution? Couldn't find the answer in the forums.
    11-23-14 03:26 AM
    OK if you have 10.3 you don't need an app that allows you to download android apps. That might be the problem right there. You can sideload snap and you have amazon app store. Get rid of any other "app" that allows you to install android apps and see if that clears up your issue.
    steven goldenboy and thinkk like this.
    11-23-14 10:59 AM
    Thanks for the answer. Does it mean I should delete Snap and Amazon Appstore app? Don't even remember how I installed these previously in case I would need them again. I also read that Amazon Appstore would come pre-installed on 10.3 but if I delete it won't this cause any problems? If this is not what you mean I think I'm only using Snap and Amazon Appstore app to sideload Android Apps like I did before but this is precisely my problem: it does not work anymore. I'm able to use both programs to search apps but once I try to install any apps they will never pass the progress bar when installing once the APK is downloaded. All previous installed Android apps won't work either.

Thanks for your help!
    11-23-14 11:36 AM
    You might try rebooting once or twice. When did you install the 10.3 OS?

When I first installed the latest leak, all of my Android apps stalled in the progress bar for about half an hour or more. A few reboots fixed it.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    thinkk likes this.
    11-23-14 12:29 PM
    Thanks. I did 3 reboots like you said (I have STL100-2) but my Android apps stall like yours in the progress bar. I installed the leak yesterday, it's 10.3.0.908.
    11-23-14 01:02 PM
    I have had a similar issue since day one (two years ago this Feb). Sometimes, and only somtimes, when I get an over-the-air OS update, it kills my ability to run android apps. Also, every time I try to create a backup file with BB Liink, it kills my Android run-time. The only solution I have ever found is to do a complete factory wipe, and reload everything by hand! Even restoring a backup to a newly wiped device will carry the old problem over! Damned Pain! I now use third party backups with no problem, but will not touch BBLink.
    11-23-14 01:13 PM
    Thanks. I did 3 reboots like you said (I have STL100-2) but my Android apps stall like yours in the progress bar. I installed the leak yesterday, it's 10.3.0.908.
    I am not sure how that leak works? I know there is one that is NOT complete but is a developer's OS and is missing some components.

Maybe you would want to try the newest 10.3.1.xxxx Leak. There's a blitz version and an autoloader.
    thinkk likes this.
    11-23-14 07:19 PM
    Well I just downloaded and installed with Sachesi 10.3.1.745 and did 2 reset's holding the up and down button until the blue circular progress bar appears, but no luck. My Android Apps stall in a green progress bar and Snap will not let me install or update current Android apps. Once the APK downloads they keep stuck in 'initialising'....Not sure what to do now as I was depending a bit on these Android apps. Even thinking (if possible) to downgrade to 10.2 although I'm not sure it will work again and I must say that I really do like the rest of 10.3.

Hope somebody can help out.

Thanks
    11-24-14 06:00 AM
    Just a thought here, do u think we might face problems with the sideloads once the official 10.3 is out?

Encrypted on my Z10
    11-24-14 06:15 AM
    Probably not because of the length of time Blackberry is taking to release it, it should be fine.
    When it comes to leaks, the disclaimer is " use at your own risk" Unfortunately the leaks are probably not fully Bug removed and not ready for certain phones.
    11-24-14 06:26 AM
    thinkk:

Do you recall when you updated to a 10.3 version if you did a RESTORE? When I first installed some version of 10.3.xxxxx, I restored and I could not get Android apps to work. I figured it was a fluke so used the Autloader.exe again, and again restored. Android still stalled in the progress bar. So I did Autoloader a 3rd time. But did NOT restore and slowly added stuff back in manually. Android WORKED. So I'm not sure what was wrong with my backup file but it would mess up Android.

While it can be tedious to manually add back contacts and all of the settings and all of the apps, it did work. (I did use Backup Pro to restore calendar and contacts but then manually did most other stuff)
    thinkk likes this.
    11-24-14 08:36 AM
    Hi, I'm on a Mac and did a backup through BlackBerrly Link prior to installing. The installation was through Sachesi (no auto loader as these are only windows executables as far as I can tell. The Sachesi install has probably a restore as I don't need to fill in any account details and everything including all apps are there. What is Autoloader?
    11-24-14 08:46 AM
    Hi, I'm on a Mac and did a backup through BlackBerrly Link prior to installing. The installation was through Sachesi (no auto loader as these are only windows executables as far as I can tell. The Sachesi install has probably a restore as I don't need to fill in any account details and everything including all apps are there. What is Autoloader?
    Ah. In that case, you probably did not do a restore. Autoloaders are WINDOWS based versions of the OS. But they erase everything on the phone. That's why some folks to a restore (which I ran into problems doing). If restore does not work, then you have to slowly add back all of your information. That can be tedious. Although, some folks prefer doing it that way. They know everything is new and fresh and that they are not potentially restoring bad data or settings to a new OS.

At this point, I guess that using BBLink to restore an OFFICIAL version of the OS might be your next step, as you suggested above.
    11-24-14 09:20 AM