Hi peeps,

I'd like to learn more about Kit Kat as I am sure many of you know a lot more than I do. Please enlighten me. How does BB 10 compare with what's to come from Android?

This is NOT the end!
    09-04-13 03:24 AM
    not much info out there about 4.4 other than the name. have to wait awhile yet
    09-04-13 03:37 AM
    First of all, I don't think the direct comparison of the both is possible. But if you are searching for rumors of 4.4 you may search for the former expected name "key lime pie".

Android tends to show and overamphasize features just like apple does. But after all, features are only one part of the game. If you miss the "corkscrew ony your swiss knife", as one member pointed out, it's a no-go for a special os. But with all the features that are out there on both systems you can say, that no single new feature will rule the whole world of smartphones. That doesn't keep marketing people and fanboys from telling that one special feature would be "the real killer".

Short story from me: A few years back, I got a Nokia N95 with a great camera (for that time), navigation, email, internet and loads of functionality. Then I met one of the new iphone users and told him what his iphone couldn't do. He said: "ok, lets navigate to your home". Being sure I'd win because of the great powerful navi app, I was like "no probs" and started the app. When I was in the middle of the typing process, he showed me: "look, here is the route". I was nearly mad and asked him to send me an email when he does the same to me. Again I was in the middle of the process when i recieved an email from HIM. Getting really mad, I told him to make a photo. I just opened the lens, waited for the cam app to come upp and heard it: "click, done"....

After that I got an Iphone. Even if I missed some features, it did the faster job for me that time. Even that the N95 did everything "better" it was much more convenient to use the Iphone.
    The same leap in getting things done (I did not expect to happen that again) was when i got used to the Z10.

It's just my story, but you may think about it, when hunting for features and features and... ya know...
    eldricho and damien kupuku like this.
    09-04-13 04:23 AM
    Interesting input! I am gonna research some more for sure. One thing I am not clear about is, do you like your z10??

Pin:2ABEC575
    09-04-13 04:39 PM
    Kitkat... haha very clever name. Oh Google.. WE SEE WHAT YOU KEEP DOING THERE

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 05:33 PM
    theyre working on linux kernel 3.8 for better multitasking and a lower memory foot print, currently on 3.4 Google working on experimental 3.8 Linux kernel for Android | Android Central (old article) but its not confirmed just heavily rumoured atm.
    09-04-13 05:52 PM
    Interesting input! I am gonna research some more for sure. One thing I am not clear about is, do you like your z10??

Coming from an Iphone, the transition was pretty easy. I do like it a lot. The interface as a whole is nice and really a flow. The hub and the active frames mean a big leap, the search that finds everything everywhere.... In short: I like to view everything in one place, instead of switching through all the apps. Sadly you cannot advertise this as a real "feature" because it's simply the way it is built. And with Balance, you still have 2 places to find an information, which is in turn not a real bummer, if you strictly keep work and private seperately and don't mess with private emails on work area.
    09-05-13 04:26 AM
    I hear ya. I personally like the phone way more than any iPhone at this point because of its features; both hardware and software. I mean the iPhone doesn't even support flash yet and you can't expand storage. The only thing I like about the iPhone is the quality of the material they use to build it.

09-05-13 05:03 PM