Hi all

Just wondering if there was another Web browser available on Bb10. Native Web browser is amazing no issues with it, just would like another option.

Any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 09:10 AM
    If you are looking for an alt for the Z10, you could check out bb world under search term 'browser'. There are not many available, and those that are there right now seem not too impressive. I too like the native browser on the Z10. But, I would also like to see some options. Desktop style tabs would be quite nice to see. Hopefully we get to see some additions soon with the intro of the Z10 in the U.S. market.
    03-18-13 10:31 PM
    An alternative? I'm trying to figure out how to port my z10 browser to my pc

Posted via CB10
    03-18-13 11:16 PM
    On my PlayBook I did have dolphin browser which wasn't that bad, but native Z10 browser definitely kicks dolphin ****

Posted via CB10
    03-19-13 07:50 AM
    Actually, though the browser is very fast, it has compatibility issues with many sites and doesn't render them.

Further, i'm not sure what is different in it - it's supposed to be WebKit implementation, but things don't display properly - for example, when you go to Google Search - on Android and iOS browsers, you can see the Google "Search tools" options bar below the main search box - it allows you to change the search time (ex: last 24hrs, last month, etc) choose Images, Web, News, Anytime. This doesn't show up in the Z10 browser. Its supposed to be a standard Java or HTML5 content, so why doesn't it show up?

Addiitonal sites which render perfectly in iOS or Android don't on the Z10 - So what's the difference?
    04-09-13 03:22 PM
    Actually, though the browser is very fast, it has compatibility issues with many sites and doesn't render them.

Further, i'm not sure what is different in it - it's supposed to be WebKit implementation, but things don't display properly - for example, when you go to Google Search - on Android and iOS browsers, you can see the Google "Search tools" options bar below the main search box - it allows you to change the search time (ex: last 24hrs, last month, etc) choose Images, Web, News, Anytime. This doesn't show up in the Z10 browser. Its supposed to be a standard Java or HTML5 content, so why doesn't it show up?

Addiitonal sites which render perfectly in iOS or Android don't on the Z10 - So what's the difference?
    I'm looking for an alternative so that I can get rdio.com
    To work. Currently in the bb10 browser the screen Is fixed and it tries to render everything on top of each other. So you can't zoom out. It makes the rdio page pretty much worthless...
    04-12-13 12:06 AM
    Hopefully they do come out with an alternative Web browser soon, got myself I'd keep using the native browser cause it works great for her. Maybe they will make a native Opera mini browser soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:40 AM
    The browser does hang on some sites....cozi in particular for me...also I was wondering about how to actually work some features of the browser...when I open the browser past sites visited are shown, similar to activate frames but I can't clear them.....have never even seen them mentioned in any forums so far....any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 12:16 PM
    The browser does hang on some sites....cozi in particular for me...also I was wondering about how to actually work some features of the browser...when I open the browser past sites visited are shown, similar to activate frames but I can't clear them.....have never even seen them mentioned in any forums so far....any ideas?

You'll have to clear your history to remove past sites visited.
    Open up browser ... press 3 dots at bottom of screen ... choose settings ... choose privacy and security ... and then clear history.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:15 PM
    Thanks for the reply, but I was really looking for a way to customize that page ie close some but have others remain....kind of similar to bookmarks just quicker and with a view of the page....still it is a nice feature to be able to see "recently viewed " at a quick glance ...does anyone know if other phones have this or is this unique to bb 10?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-13 07:42 AM
    Have you tried to access mail.google.com or documents.google.com
    On my Q5 with 10.2.0.4xx it does begin an infinite loop between two google links, something crazy, I'm thinking to record this and place it on youtube

No way

Does this happen to you too? Thank you for sharing experiences

Cor
    11-15-13 09:02 AM
    Get the boat mini browser, far better, quicker than the native browser, u can download videos mp3 mp4 etc, it's easy to use and all, best so far for me

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 09:13 AM
    Hi all

Just wondering if there was another Web browser available on Bb10. Native Web browser is amazing no issues with it, just would like another option.

Any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    ɪ use Z30. Boat mini is not available for my device bt wiv android app kit ɪ use same boat mini browser now n tis serious fun. Google "boat mini browser .apk " download and install it bt b sure U̶̲̥̅̊ enable "install from other source" on ƔU̶̲̥̅̊я Bb else U̶̲̥̅̊ can not run androind app (.apk) on ƔU̶̲̥̅̊я Bb 10. Hav fun
    11-24-14 03:07 PM
    There's no native browsers that arn't using the same render engine. I believe all the alternative browsers in BBW are still using the exact same render engine as the native browser.
    Maybe Opera will make an appearance on BB10 eventually.
    11-24-14 09:44 PM
    Evolution

From my first ever BlackBerry (z10)
    11-25-14 02:05 AM
    Why use an alternative to the best mobile browser?

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 05:19 AM
    Firefox will work with OS 10.3.
    One of my co-workers has Firefox installed on a Passport, works like a charm.

With OS 10.2 Firefox still crashes on most starts...
    11-25-14 06:38 AM
    One reason not to use the great browser is data limits of a cellular plan. One other is waking a baby when a video advertisement pops up. I have gone to a news site once with the sound off and left the browser running. Big mistake, live news feed was running and killed my data

Posted via CB10
    11-25-14 01:13 PM
    Hi all

Any suggestions

Posted via CB10
    06-21-16 05:31 PM
    Hi I also use Alpha Browser on my Z10 & Passport as well as the native browser and it works great as well. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Z10,
    06-23-16 01:28 AM
    Try Android Browser. The file can be found in Cobalt Apps Landing. It works just fine with my z10

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 04:05 PM